Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
I still don’t believe the shift to wing is what spurred something. I think he’s perfectly capable of putting up these points as a center. I would still try him there until he proves he can’t do it. I don’t think ~10 games in college are proof.

I have watched as many games as I can, and it is more his usage, ice time and line mates than anything. He played okay before but wasn't capitalizing on the chances he was getting and seemed like York just didn't full trust/want to see him in any other role than what he earned. Whether he earned the right or it was by default, playing top 6 and being on a line with Newhook has greatly impacted his growth. He still creates chances, but he doesn't look to be forcing as much. More or less looks like hes getting better set ups from future NHL guys and also benefiting from the space.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Friendly fire, could they have not cut out the stumble?
Lol didn’t even notice that.

Boldy’s 2nd goal has since been changed to an assist. I hate that. We don’t want playmakers and Newhook is hogging all the goals

Last edited by a moderator:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Guerin probably should start cleaning house on the Wild's current wingers.

Fiala
Kaprizov
Boldy
Beckman
Mayhew
Firstov

That's plenty of top-6 guys in next couple of years. Toss in Pairse who is not going anywhere other than down the depth chart.

Zucc, Galchenyuk, and Donato seem unneeded. Greenway is going to have to fight both Parise and Foligno for that 3rd center spot. Kunin probably is fine as 3rd line RW, and he gets a bump just for being a RHS.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Guerin probably should start cleaning house on the Wild's current wingers.

Fiala
Kaprizov
Boldy
Beckman
Mayhew
Firstov

That's plenty of top-6 guys in next couple of years. Toss in Pairse who is not going anywhere other than down the depth chart.

Zucc, Galchenyuk, and Donato seem unneeded. Greenway is going to have to fight both Parise and Foligno for that 3rd center spot. Kunin probably is fine as 3rd line RW, and he gets a bump just for being a RHS.
And how many of those do you trust will be more than a bottom 6 player? Fiala, KK, and Boldy seem like the only safe picks for a top 6 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad