Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It's interesting that he has Lindberg on the same tier as Jones as Lindberg is an overager and isn't exactly the starter on his team. He's platooned. Also I thought McBain was more of a shaky prospect (as in we probably also won't sign him)

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
It's interesting that he has Lindberg on the same tier as Jones as Lindberg is an overager and isn't exactly the starter on his team. He's platooned. Also I thought McBain was more of a shaky prospect (as in we probably also won't sign him)

I think McBain has AHL guy written all over him, even the name seems to fit haha. I think he is only down on Jones slightly because of his regression after not making the WJC team out of camp. But it was interesting to see his last sentence on Jones, saying he thinks he should be signed to an AHL or ECHL deal rather than staying in jrs. Means he thinks he ready to move forward now. Personally Iowa needs to be Kahkonen's baby for now, and I don't see the benefit in moving Jones to the ECHL, just let things pan out and then make those moves. Id rather him be in a league building confidence if nothing else.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
There's no denying his slow start has soured the perception of him a bit. There were plenty who couldn't separate Kaprizov vs Boldy after the draft. I doubt there are many that have trouble ranking those two now.

Well one is in his draft year+1, and the other his draft year+4. Boldy would have to be having had a very good year in college to to compete against that.

I think McBain is a fine prospect for where he was picked. Maybe he's an AHL lifer, maybe he catches on as a bottom-6 NHL center. Unless he goes the 4 year college FA route I think they give him an ELC. The Wild aren't stacked enough at the center position to not take the chance.

Reactions: Bazeek

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I think McBain is a fine prospect for where he was picked. Maybe he's an AHL lifer, maybe he catches on as a bottom-6 NHL center. Unless he goes the 4 year college FA route I think they give him an ELC. The Wild aren't stacked enough at the center position to not take the chance.

McBain was an intriguing prospect, but he doesn't seem to be developing. Even Adam Gilmour seemed to have some development in his game while in college from D+1 to D+2.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
McBain was an intriguing prospect, but he doesn't seem to be developing. Even Adam Gilmour seemed to have some development in his game while in college from D+1 to D+2.

I dunno, he is/was kind of buried in the depth chart to start the year. I don't watch the games so I have no clue how he's being used (PK/PP/zone starts).

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He is currently on a line with Boldy and from highlights I have seen I don't think I ever saw him on PP. Might just be a straight north south power forward. could be a cheap foligno maybe moving forward.

Based on everything I’ve seen, I wouldn’t expect McBain to be anything more than a 3C at best in the NHL. But considering how the game is going and what’s expected of each line, I mean if you look at Eriksson Ek right now and consider him a 3C, I don’t think McBain will ever be as good as Ek right now.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Based on everything I’ve seen, I wouldn’t expect McBain to be anything more than a 3C at best in the NHL. But considering how the game is going and what’s expected of each line, I mean if you look at Eriksson Ek right now and consider him a 3C, I don’t think McBain will ever be as good as Ek right now.
he wont be, that's why I say foligno. I don't really see him as anything more than a big body winger maybe 4C. nothing wrong to have in the system as its a need every now and again but nothing to be ecstatic about.

Reactions: AKL

Wabit

May 23, 2016
He is currently on a line with Boldy and from highlights I have seen I don't think I ever saw him on PP. Might just be a straight north south power forward. could be a cheap foligno maybe moving forward.

He was billed more as a playmaker than a goal scorer, wasn't he? So I dunno if being on a line with Boldy helps or hurts his stat line.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
He was billed more as a playmaker than a goal scorer, wasn't he? So I dunno if being on a line with Boldy helps or hurts his stat line.
that much I don't know? he was a big boy playing in a kid league when we drafted him essentially, don't recall shooter or playmaker as a title but if its playmaker I don't understand the combo of him and Boldy no.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would rather Boldy get 2 points than BC get 2 points not gonna lie

Reactions: Nsjohnson

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I would rather Boldy get 2 points than BC get 2 points not gonna lie
Yeah same. I kind of hope BC goes on a big-time slump because I feel like York is big believer in Boldy and if they start losing he could get bumped up a line with how well he’s been playing.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I have never cared about the Beanpot.
I cannot wait for the Beanpot.
Yeah I’m pretty pumped for the beanpot, not gonna lie. College hockey is that perfect medium where there aren’t so many games that I can’t follow a team along with an NHL team.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
These guys are not Boldly fans for that spin move :laugh:

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
These guys are not Boldly fans for that spin move :laugh:
Hahaha yeah they were really pissed about that skill play

EDIT: the commentator did go “uuuhh look at Boldy generate speed through the zone” that same shift though

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Boldy just tried to score between his legs. That’s so cocky for a guy w/ 2 goals. I’d just be trying to put the puck in the net. Jeez what a guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad