OT: General OT Thread #43 - Fugu Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yeah, I think January is my least favorite month. The stretch from January 1st - March 1st is a grind...typically some really bad weather, no holidays, just a lot of blahness. April is my favorite month - spring, Masters week, NHL playoffs, etc. I think I end up liking November more since it ends up being a short month and it'll go by pretty quickly. Can't believe it's Thanksgiving next week already.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Speaking of winter months with bad weather. I'm looking for some booties for my dog so the salt doesn't tear up his feet this winter any suggestions? There's no way my 2 y.o. Australian Cattledog (red coloring) is going to be content with just playing in the yard/house when he's used to going for walks of over 3 miles a day.

The GSD hasn't ever been a fan of going for walks so it wasn't an issue with her.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Definitely January for worst month. I used to think February, because that's when winter starts to feel like a huge drag (not that it isn't the second it starts...), but there's a lot more sunlight in February than January.

So January confirmed worst month.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Yeah, I think January is my least favorite month. The stretch from January 1st - March 1st is a grind...typically some really bad weather, no holidays, just a lot of blahness. April is my favorite month - spring, Masters week, NHL playoffs, etc. I think I end up liking November more since it ends up being a short month and it'll go by pretty quickly. Can't believe it's Thanksgiving next week already.

There are technically 2 holidays in that stretch: MLK and Presidents Day. Sucky if your employer doesn't give you at least once of those. I love the stretch namely because I like it when it is cold as all get out outside. No one goes anywhere :)

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
This is by far the worst part of it for me. I gotta put it out of my mind else I constantly remind myself that I can't ride again for another 5 months.

Same. I've spent the past few years trying to convince myself I need to spend $30k on a new Road Glide. Finally convinced myself it wasn't a good purchase at this time and bought a new Bonneville T120 Black. Spent considerably less, but had a ton of fun on it. Now it's in the garage ... sitting there.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Anybody brave the crowds today? I went to Target around 11 this afternoon because I needed some small grocery items. Totally forgot what day it is and waited 30min to purchase a loaf of bread and some chips.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Anybody brave the crowds today? I went to Target around 11 this afternoon because I needed some small grocery items. Totally forgot what day it is and waited 30min to purchase a loaf of bread and some chips.

Maybe you should have listened to Suter and gone to Kwik Trip. :laugh:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Been looking at the stores for holiday gift ideas. Gone past the OLED TVs a few times and boy am I tempted to buy a TV I don't need.
It depends on what else you choose to invest in. I bought a great 4K HDR TV a few years ago, but until I finally caved on an Xbox One X a few weeks ago, I might as well have bought a TV for half the price since I wasn't taking advantage of the features. If you're going to get an OLED TV, you might as well have something that can actually bring out the spectacular color.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So any guesses as to what time the forums get broken within the next ~28 hours?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Depends if it's a trade or just a signing. If it's a trade... whoa boy.

There is the possibility that he doesn't sign too. Even if he signs everyone wil want to give their 2c about it's too much or not enough money/term or whatever.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Just got back from a 14-day holiday in Australia. I cannot suggest it enough to anyone who has even thought about it. The country is gorgeous. Food is amazing. We did the entire coast from Brisbane down to Melbourne. You get a little bit of everything while you're there. Met a few folks from Helsinki who were there on holiday. Had a great hockey discussion. Their son played a year at EP before graduating and attending Clarkson, he's apparently in the Rangers farm system.

The flight is brutal -- but come prepared and it isn't too bad.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
So I had an interesting thing happen over Thanksgiving. I adopted a cat.

So the Wednesday just before thanksgiving when I got home from work, I saw a little kitten wandering in the snow. I noticed it had a collar, so I decided to see if I could help. So I put my stuff down and got down and put my arms out and it just scampered over to me. I picked it up and brushed the snow and ice off and took a look, and the only thing on her collar was a little jingle bell. I put the kitty down to let her decide what she wanted to do, and she followed me to my door. I held it open and she crept inside and she's now a part of our family.

We put a post up on facebook right away to see if anyone would claim her, but no one did. We checked to see if she was chipped and she isn't. She's perfectly litter trained and she's just about the most affectionate kitty I've ever met. She even gets along with our dog too.

So that's my big Thanksgiving story this year. I adopted a lost kitten that was wandering in the snow. Feels good.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Star Tribune's film critic resigns after plagiarizing other film critics in his review of a film about a writer who plagiarizes other writers. Elsewhere, a dolphin is born, probably.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Anyone have any experience with SodaStreamers?

I had one a few years ago. I used it until the co2 bottle ran out and put it in a cabinet somewhere. The flavors were okay, but nothing I wanted to drop more money on.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Star Tribune's film critic resigns after plagiarizing other film critics in his review of a film about a writer who plagiarizes other writers.

Yikes! If you're going to plagiarize a film critic, you might pick someone other than Pauline Kael.:help:

Last edited:

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I had one a few years ago. I used it until the co2 bottle ran out and put it in a cabinet somewhere. The flavors were okay, but nothing I wanted to drop more money on.
My mom wants one for Christmas specifically for sparkling water. Don't think she is too interested in all the crazy flavor combos you can make.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
My mom wants one for Christmas specifically for sparkling water. Don't think she is too interested in all the crazy flavor combos you can make.

If that's what your mom wants get it for her.

The water it makes is club soda (carbonated tap water); the stuff that comes from the gun at a bar. Not like Perrier; which is sparkling water and the bubbles are naturally occurring. So you could ask her if she likes club soda if you want.

They also make the flavor drops/packages that can be add to it flavored fizzy water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->