OT: General OT Thread #43 - Fugu Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
As some of you may have noticed on the main board, our long-time admin Fugu has passed away after a long fight with cancer.

Rest in Peace.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
So I guess I have an infected hair follicle. I wear rubber boots for a lot of my day for my job, but I never really thought those could mess up my skin so much. I know it's not just me that does this, but once I notice a bump or a pimple I cannot help but poke at it incessantly.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Middle School is more dangerous than hockey for my kid (who is a klutz). 6 years of hockey nothing more than bumps and bruises for her.

1 year (+ less than a month) at school shes:
- gotten a concussion at lunch
- broke her wrist
- bad ankle sprain
- and now this morning she broke a finger on the growth plate.

I thought Middle School was supposed to inflict emotional/psychological injuries, not physical ones. :facepalm:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
So just looking for some opinions from you guys as you are one of the two cities to lose a team, but get it back within your lifetime. I'm sure you saw that the Hurricanes revealed new Whalers jerseys, and I am curious how you would feel if the Stars revealed a throwback North Stars jersey. Would it upset you that they are claiming the games you can remember experiencing, the highs and the lows, actually belonged to their history (even if most of them would not have been North Stars fans that shared those experiences)? To be honest I even wish that there was a rule in place that if a team moved they had to change their name, so that any new team in the city could bring back their old name. While I do like the Wild, I much prefer the North Stars name/logo/jerseys. Also, sorry if this is not the best thread, I didn't see any "around the league" thread.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
So just looking for some opinions from you guys as you are one of the two cities to lose a team, but get it back within your lifetime. I'm sure you saw that the Hurricanes revealed new Whalers jerseys, and I am curious how you would feel if the Stars revealed a throwback North Stars jersey. Would it upset you that they are claiming the games you can remember experiencing, the highs and the lows, actually belonged to their history (even if most of them would not have been North Stars fans that shared those experiences)? To be honest I even wish that there was a rule in place that if a team moved they had to change their name, so that any new team in the city could bring back their old name. While I do like the Wild, I much prefer the North Stars name/logo/jerseys. Also, sorry if this is not the best thread, I didn't see any "around the league" thread.
Dallas wearing North Star throwbacks would bother me a lot more than it probably should.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I'd be fine with it, it is a nice jersey. The North Stars moved to Dallas and took their legacy/history with them, all they did was tweak (re-brand) the name/colors. Teams in all major sports move/re-locate. it's just the nature of the beast (money).

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I would be very upset!

The NHL officially owns the North Star name/logo/history though, and they've already allowed the Wild to utilize it at the stadium series alumni game, so I don't think Dallas will wear the North Star logo anytime soon.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, a very large majority would be extremely upset to see Dallas wearing our uniform.

Oh, and f*** Norm Green.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

It would piss off a lot of people.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/political-discussion-forum-removed.2558803/

The political discussion forum on this site has been removed. It will be not be resurrected. After months of discussion with the admin staff it was unanimously decided it was consuming an inordinate amount of our time as well as our moderators time. They didn't sign up to deal with problems that aren't related to the mission of this site. It has poisoned relationships and driven a wedge between users. Political discussion will no longer be permitted unless it is directly related to hockey (eg Russia banned from Olympics, Exchange rate hurting Canadian teams).

This really, really sucks. Yes things got crazy there often, but there were a lot of insightful posters there and tons of quality content - poof, all gone, in an instant. I feel like this site is going downhill. There's been a lot of usability issues related to the migration to this new host, and now they do away with a big section of the board, with lively discussions. I'm going to be spending less time here in the future.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/political-discussion-forum-removed.2558803/

This really, really sucks. Yes things got crazy there often, but there were a lot of insightful posters there and tons of quality content - poof, all gone, in an instant. I feel like this site is going downhill. There's been a lot of usability issues related to the migration to this new host, and now they do away with a big section of the board, with lively discussions. I'm going to be spending less time here in the future.
This is just......wow. Bad. Not cool.

But I sure as hell wouldn't want to be moderating that forum either, so..........still sucks.

Reactions: FVM

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland

But I sure as hell wouldn't want to be moderating that forum either, so..........still sucks.

It was supposed to be unmoderated, so I have a hard time believing the "too much time moderating" excuse. But I guess we're not supposed to be discussing this...

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

I feel bad for the posters who were having civil discussions on that board.

That said.. It was a shit show sometimes. :laugh:

Reactions: FVM

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I've always found any civil political discussion to be really hard to maintain on a discussion board. Name callers can't seem to help themselves, and angry idealogues seem to drown out reason and understanding.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I've always found any civil political discussion to be really hard to maintain on a discussion board. Name callers can't seem to help themselves, and angry idealogues seem to drown out reason and understanding.
Politics/religion both.

Religion is politics and politics is a religion.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Ugh where am I going to get my daily dose of political photoshops?

I view conversations via text in a similar light. One sentence can have multiple interpretations without any form of personal interaction which generally is the cause of arguments. If I said "Lapa you are a smelly person" without any context some people might not know I am teasing him (I'm not you really are smelly).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Did not know that Lapa was smelly. Diet, you think, or personal hygiene?

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
It's actually amazing. How one can be so smelly and still that popular with the ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad