OT: General OT Thread #43 - Fugu Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So I've finally been going through and watching a bunch of the Marvel movies. A few of them really surprised me. Guardians of the Galaxy was great, I was surprised how much I liked Black Panther despite the acclaim it got, and I really enjoyed the first two Captain America movies as well. I've now seen roughly two-thirds of the movies (just watched Infinity War this weekend). I'd say my top five from what I've seen are (not in order):
Iron Man
Avengers 1
Black Panther
Guardians 1
Winter Solider

For some reason I didn't love all of the more recent movies where all of the heroes are together. Civil War wasn't my favorite, nor Avengers 2. Avengers 3 was pretty solid, but not spectacular IMO. Ragnarok was fantastic when you compare it to the first couple Thor movies.
Civil war was bad, as was avengers age of Ultron.

I thought Ragnarok was better than black panther. Winter soldier is my top marvel film though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anyone else got a ton of toads and frogs in their neighborhood? They are hopping all over the place.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Amazing pace to it. There were only maybe two episodes that didn't advance the plot, and they went full on looney tunes with them.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
Last edited:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Topgolf opens on Friday! I'm pumped to go at some point, I've been waiting for one of these around here for a while!

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Was surprised when I saw it was opening up already...for some reason I thought it was supposed to be next spring. I'm wondering what their plan is for winter and how long it'll stay open? They're a ton of fun. Wish it was a little closer to where I am though.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Was surprised when I saw it was opening up already...for some reason I thought it was supposed to be next spring. I'm wondering what their plan is for winter and how long it'll stay open? They're a ton of fun. Wish it was a little closer to where I am though.
They said it should be open 363 days per year, so the pods will be fully heated I assume. Pretty sweet.

It's quite a drive for me as well unfortunately.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Topgolf opens on Friday! I'm pumped to go at some point, I've been waiting for one of these around here for a while!
Drove by it on my way home today. Didn't know what to expect since I've never been to one, but it looks fun. Don't know how much people will get out of it before the season turns.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Drove by it on my way home today. Didn't know what to expect since I've never been to one, but it looks fun. Don't know how much people will get out of it before the season turns.
But that's the best part, it's open during the winter!

I've never been to one either yet.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I'm a big golfer and I think they're awesome, but at the same time I think it'd be a ton of fun for casual golfers and people who hardly ever even play. The ones I've been to have all had good food and you get served food/drinks right where you're hitting from. Not extremely expensive either. I think it'll be a big hit here...I've heard MN is a really big golf state (kinda funny considering our weather, but maybe that's part of it since we don't get to play all year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad