OT: General OT Stuff (Infinity+3)(No Politics/Spoilers, see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I never got the whole diesel love thing till reading the comments of Jalopnik posts on the VW cheating scandal and then I could understand why. My seminal early driving was in the 80s and impression diesel's had on me were pretty negative as there were smokey exhaust benz whose entire rear of the car was like charcoal stained, heh.

Everyone's were. We all thought of buses and Oldsmobiles. But the new diesel's are amazing. In the Touareg and now the GC, I can go 500+ miles on a tank. And diesel is cheaper per gallon. Before the Touareg, I had a 1999 4Runner, which I loved. But that think went 130?? I could never go back.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Big change from a Subaru....

Definitely the dimensions (super paranoid about parking) take a bit getting used to. Grew up driving with RWD cars so no big deal there I feel some of that coming back already. Main tricky thing its naturally rocking summer tires so winter/inclement weather I really need to be a grandma driving.

Everyone's were. We all thought of buses and Oldsmobiles. But the new diesel's are amazing. In the Touareg and now the GC, I can go 500+ miles on a tank. And diesel is cheaper per gallon. Before the Touareg, I had a 1999 4Runner, which I loved. But that think went 130?? I could never go back.

Man that is a lot of miles. Funny thing is gas mileage is about the same comparing the WRX and Camaro though the Camaro gets better highway (6th gear probably).

Reactions: calicapsfan

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The old fantasy league thread is closed so posting here...

I'm looking for a replacement in the dynasty league I run (free, 14-team Yahoo! h2h with 25-player roster, 8-player farm team and prospects). The team hasn't been terribly well run for a while but it has Matthews, Forsberg, Eichel, Zibanejad, Wennberg & Burakovsky to start with. A few posters here are in the league. If you're up for a challenge it could be turned around pretty quickly. Greiss is its best goalie so that's a weak area but with some day-to-day interest and activity depth and competitiveness could be improved pretty easily.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Wow that's pretty.

Chick magnet? Definitely not a baby car seat type of car.

Any speeding tickets yet? haha

It gets eye banged by dudes A LOT, heh. Caught a fellow camaro bro dude taking a side pic with his phone while we were going 70mph on the beltway. Also a streetbiker passing me then twisting around giving the car a thumbs up.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Merry Christmas everyone!

Did anyone get any Caps/hockey related gifts this year? I got an Ovechkin 2015 Winter Classic jersey and it looks great in person.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I just got done with the latest season of Peaky Blinders and it was another great season. Love the fact that they are only 6 episodes of 1hr each so there's not a ton of boring filler involved

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I’ve heard Narcos bores after season 1.

I might check it out someday.
That's a little true. Season 1 is definitely more action packed than season 2. I couldn't get into the new story arc of season 3 and stopped halfway through and haven't really picked it back up again. Plus a main character from the first two seasons wasn't in season 3 and they never really talk about why

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
That's a little true. Season 1 is definitely more action packed than season 2. I couldn't get into the new story arc of season 3 and stopped halfway through and haven't really picked it back up again. Plus a main character from the first two seasons wasn't in season 3 and they never really talk about why
It’s because the real character didn’t stay on for the Cali Cartel aspect in reality...and really the other guy didn’t either...they brought his character back just to continue some of the fictional stuff they added in.

To me...season 2 was even better than one with the downfall of Pablo (this isn’t a spoiler since it’s based on fact) Just fantastic acting from that dude.

Just started season 3.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Disagree. A lot of the Barstool “talent” stinks, but the PMT podcast has been a great listen. PFT and Big Cat get most of their guests to show another side of themselves compared to traditional boring media

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Their CEO is a woman, their CRO is a woman, they have content driven directly for women that is made by a two of their paid interns who are women, they even have women working on their Sirius XM channel now. The whole mentality that Barstool is nothing but a bunch of sexist pigs making derogatory comments towards females is a false narrative spewed out by media for clicks.

The president and founder Dave Portnoy is mainly the one who says stupid shit on the internet that's harmful to women but the whole gang isn't that way. You just have to weed through their content and find the good guys, hence why I brought up the Pardon My Take podcast. The PMT guys are some of the most level headed of the Barstool gang and will eventually outgrow the Barstool brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad