OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Donald Glover was fantastic as Lando. And the whole dynamic between him and Han was just the best. I was smiling through most of those scenes. Im looking forward to watching it again to pick up on things I might have missed.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Got a new phone for the first time in 4 years yesterday. Made the switch from Android to iOS and got the XS. I'd normally never pay that much for a phone but my company pays for my phone so I figured why not? Not quite sure how I feel about it yet. There are some things I like and some things that drive me nuts. Way less customizable and intuitive on certain aspects but the speed is terrific and the pictures are amazing. I'm giving it 10 days to see if I like it or if I go back to the Galaxy series, which I love.

Also, why does Apple include corded headphones in the box when there's no headphone jack...

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
EL TIGRE IS BACK!!! that was awesome...

Everyone wilted under the Tiger spotlight.
Incredible to watch. I imagine that's kind of what it was like to see Arnie is his prime.

544a32af8903829027fea2cc3827417a

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Got a new phone for the first time in 4 years yesterday. Made the switch from Android to iOS and got the XS. I'd normally never pay that much for a phone but my company pays for my phone so I figured why not? Not quite sure how I feel about it yet. There are some things I like and some things that drive me nuts. Way less customizable and intuitive on certain aspects but the speed is terrific and the pictures are amazing. I'm giving it 10 days to see if I like it or if I go back to the Galaxy series, which I love.

Also, why does Apple include corded headphones in the box when there's no headphone jack...

No reason to go backwards to the most compromised mobile OS in the world. Welcome to the family....:D

And you can use the corded headphones with the lightning adapter. They always included it, but I read just started holding that back from the new units.

Do yourself a favor and spring for the AirPods. Total game changer.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
No reason to go backwards to the most compromised mobile OS in the world. Welcome to the family....:D

And you can use the corded headphones with the lightning adapter. They always included it, but I read just started holding that back from the new units.

Do yourself a favor and spring for the AirPods. Total game changer.
iOS FTW. So much better.

The corded headphones that Apple provides now should be lightening by default anyway; no adapter needed. But if they aren't, the adapter is included. But yeah, AirPods.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Upgraded from the Note4 to the Note9 8GB RAM/512GB storage..what a beast.

I have the Galaxy s9+ via work. It's a good phone but has some annoyances. Requires quite a bit of customization including the partial wrap-around screen sensitivity. There's a dedicated side button next to the volume buttons on the left side that controls some voice activated invasive service I don't use, so unless I mod it it's just a dummy button that gets in the way. And the damn thing is SO TALL that you have to support it with your pinky when talking, but the mic is in the exact wrong place for that, which muffles your voice. Pretty screen, tho. lol

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Yeah that dedicated bixby button is pretty ridiculous unless they finally allow it to be used for google assistance but one can 'ok google' anyways. I though the bit of the side curve would be overly sensitive gripping it but surprising hadn't had a problem with it. I generally use nova launcher but so far just rolling it stock for now.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I have the Galaxy s9+ via work. It's a good phone but has some annoyances. Requires quite a bit of customization including the partial wrap-around screen sensitivity. There's a dedicated side button next to the volume buttons on the left side that controls some voice activated invasive service I don't use, so unless I mod it it's just a dummy button that gets in the way. And the damn thing is SO TALL that you have to support it with your pinky when talking, but the mic is in the exact wrong place for that, which muffles your voice. Pretty screen, tho. lol

Sounds Like a design fail if you can’t reassign different functionality. They do make a pretty screen there is no doubt.

My iPhone 7+ was my last “phablet”. Same issue for me requiring an extra finger to support. ALSO not a great pocket fit although it was manageable, but not ideal. Was so happy with the larger screen and smaller body frame of the IPhone X.

No compelling reason for me to upgrade phones this year and I normally do annually, so I might finally get an Apple Watch 4.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
The US is always terrible at the alternating shot format so the afternoon play today is surprising IMO.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Rallying? more like the US can't do anything right. Europe is playing well considering the wind though.

Um rallying from 3-1 morning session? A point is a point.

US shit the bed on the front 9. I’d sure hope the Europeans can play in wind....lol...

Makes for an interesting day tomorrow. Love Ryder Cup weekend!

Last edited:

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Um rallying from 3-1 morning session? A point is a point.

US **** the bed on the front 9. I’d sure hope the Europeans can play in wind....lol...

Makes for an interesting day tomorrow. Love Ryder Cup weekend!

Yeah. No i agree. I just think the US team more or less gave them the easy wins. You were more talking about the general rally as opposed to a more narrow definition.

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad