OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Other than wonder woman nothing on the DC side is interesting to me (haven't seen Aquaman yet) but fully admit I've always been Marvel biased back in the ye olden days of collecting comics.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Not a comic book fan, so I don't have a preference to DC or Marvel, but I really digged the Christian Bale version of Batman and this new Joker film seems to have that vibe. I might actually see it in the movies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Greg "The Shark" Norman, just caught a massive Hammerhead Shark, that just ate another Shark.

"Hey Anna, I am not going to make this call I am on a 1300 pound hammerhead right now.......I can't do 2 things at one time" :laugh:

Greg Norman = Stud.

I caught a sailfish 2 thanksgiving's ago that was about 50lbs and I was sucking wind when that fight was done. Can't imagine fighting a 1300lb shark. Crazy.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Marvel movies appear to be storyboarded just like comic books and then filmed that way. There's hardly a wasted shot or line. They're live-action comics that typically capture the atmosphere of their entire Universe at all times.

The DC movies mostly seem like actors trying to pull off superhero attitudes while stuffed into modernized, darker versions of superhero outfits, as directed by someone trying to make just another CGI-enhanced action movie.

Marvel has embraced the "comic come to life" model while DC still seems to want to half-ass "what if superheroes really existed" authenticity while telling stories about indestructible flying aliens and wealthy ninjas in bat suits.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I think that's a bit harsh. Elektra sucked. Daredevil (movie) sucked. Aquaman had its entertaining moments and some suck.

The directors cut of the Daredevil movie definitely was much better than the theatrical. Jennifer Garner in Elektra makes this movie excellent no matter how terrible a movie, heh.

Have to say pretty interested in how Marvel/Disney incorporates Xmen in whatever they consider this next cycle. I wonder if they will do sort of an epic world rebuild that both Marvel/DC have done in the comics.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
A quote from a poster over at PPRUNE about the 747 Max8 seems to make sense....

"We always used to say, if it looks right, it'll fly right, etc., but I can't recall ever having such an uneasy feeling about an aircraft's ground clearance. Remember, this is the core of the problem we're discussing.

Fuel, payload and a bit of the thumper (hard landing) will make it even more critical, and that's before a hefty cross wind.

max_short_legs_2e52839eed24c7697e18903347393fbc500b11b8.jpg

@Raikkonen It just seems a matter of time before an engine scrapes a runway

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Insanity.101

Transportation has been relegated to us getting into cars with a stranger driving, riding scooters parked on street corners and hoping to not hit a huge pothole, and flying in planes in which the manufacturer is contracted out by the FAA to certify their own products. You can't make this stuff up.

And here I was thinking we'd all by flying around in jet packs by now...

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
A quote from a poster over at PPRUNE about the 747 Max8 seems to make sense....

"We always used to say, if it looks right, it'll fly right, etc., but I can't recall ever having such an uneasy feeling about an aircraft's ground clearance. Remember, this is the core of the problem we're discussing.

Fuel, payload and a bit of the thumper (hard landing) will make it even more critical, and that's before a hefty cross wind.

max_short_legs_2e52839eed24c7697e18903347393fbc500b11b8.jpg

@Raikkonen It just seems a matter of time before an engine scrapes a runway

Guyz you are getting this all wrong Boeing is trying to keep it realz with the Gen Y/Z'ers by stancing the 737...

Stanced-1280x640.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad