OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 2 - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Less afraid of the big coasters than the carney death traps. I'd probably get on that. But not right after lunch.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
So my wife just came home from the grocery store with a Prepper's wet dream. Canned goods for 6 months, TP and Paper Towels for what feels like a decade. About 12 boxes of Cheerios.

I asked her what the hell she was doing. She said "The radio just had someone on that told us to go out and stock up on everything in case the 'Coronans' come for us."

All we need now is an RV and a crossbow.

source.gif

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I don't want to post this anywhere else because I don't want people to think I am not aware that this is serious but I swear this is how I feel right now:

Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 11.57.28 AM.png

I never watch the news because of stuff like this but you can't escape it even here with all the active threads about it. :(

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don't want to post this anywhere else because I don't want people to think I am not aware that this is serious but I swear this is how I feel right now:

View attachment 333141
I never watch the news because of stuff like this but you can't escape it even here with all the active threads about it. :(

That meme is shit.

Are coronavirus diseases equally deadly? Comparing the latest coronavirus to MERS and SARS.

While we shouldn't be cracking open each others skulls and feasting on the goo inside, it's ridiculous for people to be acting cavalier and dismissive about this, as though it's some hoax or media construct. It's not.

Reactions: Calicaps

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I always have a single question for the conspiracy theorists is: who benefits from making an outbreak like this look worse than it is?

The markets are tanking and people aren't patronizing the retail industry, so ads (i.e., where news media earns the vast majority of their money) hold far less value.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I always have a single question for the conspiracy theorists is: who benefits from making an outbreak like this look worse than it is?

The markets are tanking and people aren't patronizing the retail industry, so ads (i.e., where news media earns the vast majority of their money) hold far less value.

There is no rational explanation. It's just a coping mechanism.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

People watch too much TV. They think if it's not the zombie apocalypse that it's not a real problem.

No one is saying this will "kill us all," but it will cause serious problems and will sicken and kill a lot of people and strain many systems. And when you overwhelm the healthcare system, you create collateral damage among people who need access to it for other reasons, such as people with chronic disease.

And people are also selfish. They're more worried about being inconvenienced than helping to protect those more vulnerable than them.

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad