OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 2 - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
For the Chic-Fil-A fans out there, definitely download their app. You rack up points for free food fairly quickly if you go even semi often. The mobile ordering is the easiest experience there is. We always pull into the parking lot, order on the app and walk right in to the restaurant and pick up within a few minutes. Easiest way to avoid the long drive thru wait times. Our Chic-Fil-A has been great at distancing everyone inside during the pandemic.

Also, Royal Farms sucks in PA. I’ve been to two different ones and their chicken gave me the shits both times. Won’t eat there again.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
For the Chic-Fil-A fans out there, definitely download their app. You rack up points for free food fairly quickly if you go even semi often. The mobile ordering is the easiest experience there is. We always pull into the parking lot, order on the app and walk right in to the restaurant and pick up within a few minutes. Easiest way to avoid the long drive thru wait times. Our Chic-Fil-A has been great at distancing everyone inside during the pandemic.

Also, Royal Farms sucks in PA. I’ve been to two different ones and their chicken gave me the shits both times. Won’t eat there again.

Yeah I have their app, but my local Chick Fil A doesn't really do social distancing for people picking up their mobile orders, otherwise I'd have been doing that pre-vaccination.

I used to eat inside Chick Fil A for my lunch break every once in a while, and it was great when you could order from your phone and enter your table number and they'd bring the food to you. The only thing I disliked about eating inside Chick Fil A is that you couldn't refill your own beverage, you had to ask an employee to do it for you. I get it because otherwise the fountain machine/iced tea area would be absolutely packed with people given how busy Chick Fil A usually is, but it's still annoying.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I do CFA mobile order and they bring it out to me.

Yeah mine used to do that, but they stopped doing curbside I think because the drive thru was so busy they couldn't handle doing both curbside and drive thru. When I did do curbside a couple of times, it often took them 15-20 minutes to bring the food out to me, which was hardly convenient.

I think my Chick Fil A is just extremely busy even for Chick Fil A standards.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I do CFA mobile order and they bring it out to me.
Ours had the for the beginning of the pandemic. They then did some remodeling of their kitchen and drive thru and had to do away with the parking spaces for mobile orders. They now have the normal two lane ordering system with 4-5 workers walking around taking orders

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I don’t even get fast food other than CFA, maybe Chipotle. McDonalds, Wendy’s, Taco Bell no thanks. If I’m eating unhealthy it’s either order a pizza, CFA, chipotle with occasional maybe twice a year Chinese food.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I have never eaten:
  • Chick Fil-A anything
  • a McDonald's hamburger
  • Burger King anything other than fries
  • a Wendy's hamburger
  • Bojangles anything
  • Royal whatever anything
  • Taco Bell anything
Long Live Roy Rogers!

And I have not eaten hardly any fast food in years. We do occasionally go to In n Out when on road trips, but of course, we haven't done that since Covid. And we eat a lot of burritos, but from local independent taquerias.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I have never eaten:
  • Chick Fil-A anything
  • a McDonald's hamburger
  • a Wendy's hamburger
  • Bojangles anything
  • Taco Bell anything
Long Live Roy Rogers!

And I have not eaten hardly any fast food in years. We do occasionally go to In n Out when on road trips, but of course, we haven't done that since Covid. And we eat a lot of burritos, but from local independent taquerias.

I've had almost all that stuff in the distant past. No fast food or any take out since COVID. Not much before that since quitting all meat but fish 7 or 8 years ago.

BUT....after a long hot day of golf on a road trip, a few Filet-o-Fish and a large fries from McD's on the way home hits the spot.

Grew up on McDonalds because (true story) my dad was one of the guys who worked at McDs in the 60s and invented the Big Mac in Uniontown, PA. He's mid-70s and still eats that crap like it's totally normal. He was a McD's HS All-American basketball player so the whole McD's thing runs deep.

But I have no brand loyalty. I will totally f*** up an ImpossiWhopper. Like right now. If anyone has one.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I have never eaten:
  • Chick Fil-A anything
  • a McDonald's hamburger
  • a Wendy's hamburger
  • Bojangles anything
  • Taco Bell anything
Long Live Roy Rogers!

Roy Rogers was the best, at everything. Roast Beef, Burgers, Chicken, all good. I miss those places.

Reactions: Calicaps

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I've had almost all that stuff in the distant past. No fast food or any take out since COVID. Not much before that since quitting all meat but fish 7 or 8 years ago.

BUT....after a long hot day of golf on a road trip, a few Filet-o-Fish and a large fries from McD's on the way home hits the spot.

Grew up on McDonalds because (true story) my dad was one of the guys who worked at McDs in the 60s and invented the Big Mac in Uniontown, PA. He's mid-70s and still eats that crap like it's totally normal. He was a McD's HS All-American basketball player so the whole McD's thing runs deep.

But I have no brand loyalty. I will totally f*** up an ImpossiWhopper. Like right now. If anyone has one.
Invented the Big Mac. That's both amazing and so indicative of how bizarre the American relationship to food is. Just another functional item to be invented. Like it's the printing press or something. :laugh:

Reactions: g00n

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I have never eaten:
  • Chick Fil-A anything
  • a McDonald's hamburger
  • a Wendy's hamburger
  • Bojangles anything
  • Taco Bell anything
Long Live Roy Rogers!

How have you not had chick fil a?!?!
upload_2021-4-7_15-54-44.gif

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I have never eaten:
  • Chick Fil-A anything
  • a McDonald's hamburger
  • a Wendy's hamburger
  • Bojangles anything
  • Taco Bell anything
Long Live Roy Rogers!

wow wild...love Roy’s also!

Reactions: Calicaps

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Pizza with ranch is my six year old’s favorite food :laugh:

I love pizza but I try to eat pretty clean and pizza just ruins me. I feel sluggish and terrible for like three days after I eat it. Sucks, because it might be my favorite food in the world.
I make my own pizza so I know what's in it.

Actually, I make almost all my own food, even Chinese. That's how I eat what I want and keep it clean.

Reactions: g00n

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I make my own pizza so I know what's in it.

Actually, I make almost all my own food, even Chinese. That's how I eat what I want and keep it clean.

that I can respect, but the effort is incredibly high to eat that clean and maintain a solid variety unless you’re a fantastic chef.....which no one in my house is above “pretty good” lol....

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
wow....did you grown up in a remote CA hippie compound? ;)

LOL. My mom grew up in a kosher home. She didn't keep kosher as an adult and we mostly ate frozen crap when I was a kid because she was a single mom who worked all the time. But I think a lot of iconic American foods like that were just not part of her consciousness because of her upbringing. And then for me, after eating garbage all my childhood, I became a vegetarian in high school and started learning how to cook. I'm not a veg anymore, but I eat pretty healthy.

EDIT: but I did love a good tastycake as a kid!

that I can respect, but the effort is incredibly high to eat that clean and maintain a solid variety unless you’re a fantastic chef.....which no one in my house is above “pretty good” lol....
At the risk of sounding like an asshole, I am a fantastic chef.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->