OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 2 - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
They built a BoJangles here in Dulles about 15 minutes away from my house.

If you want to understand how shocking this is consider there are only 3 BoJangles within a driving distance of DC. New Carrolton, Union Station, and this one.

Before if you wanted Bo you would have to drive to the last 2. Now you can just drive to Dulles.

Very exciting times.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
They built a BoJangles here in Dulles about 15 minutes away from my house.

If you want to understand how shocking this is consider there are only 3 BoJangles within a driving distance of DC. New Carrolton, Union Station, and this one.

Before if you wanted Bo you would have to drive to the last 2. Now you can just drive to Dulles.

Very exciting times.

How does BoJangles compare to other chicken places? There is one near where I live but I’ve never been.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Bojangles, former client. If you can get a good location, solid. Like most fast food hit or miss at times.

I like the chicken breakfast biscuit.

Reactions: twabby

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Chick fil A spicy chicken sandwich with pepper jack cheese is my go to fast food, though I usually only go once a month or so. I thought the Popeyes spicy sandwich was ok but nothing special.

I’ll probably give BoJangles a shot soon.

Reactions: max21

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
As someone that lived in South Carolina for 4 years and has done the drive down 95=>85 and back dozens of times, My chicken place rankings:

1 - Bojangles
2 - Zaxby's
3 - Chick Fila (though this can be 1 or 2 if a craving strikes)
4 - Church's
5 - Popeye's
6 - KFC

Sep 19, 2008
Royal Farms chicken is tasty.
I found out a few months ago there was a RoFo in Virginia near Dulles. So around here there is

- RoFo

- Zaxby's (more south of Dulles near route 50)

- Wegmans

- 2 Wawas

- 2 Chick Fil As

- BoJangles

Crazy

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
ROFA for fried chicken, CFA for the spicy chicken sammie. No contest.

Bojangles stinks. Wife is from North Carolina and made me eat it a bunch of times -- I think it's garbage.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
agree, but they semi-disqualify themselves by not offering whole pieces of chicken IMO.

OVERALL, from a quality and experience perspective, CFA is the best no doubt.
I agree, I left my wallet at home one time and ordered at the drive through didn’t realize till I was at the window. Gave me the meal for free and I even had the audacity to ask for chick fil a sauce on top of that and they still hooked me up lol. Try the diet lemonade next time it’s better than the regular (also great with a splash of Vodka for when you get home of course)

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Not sure if any of them still offer it, but when I lived in NoVa (Sterling) in the late 90s, the Wendy's just outside of the Cascades on Rt 7 served fried chicken. It was by far the best fast food fried chicken there was, much better than all the ones listed above with the possible exception of Royal Farms which I never tried. Crispy, juicy, big pieces, perfectly seasoned batter... just perfect. Would not think of the hamburger chain being good at fried chicken but they nailed it. When I moved to CA in 2001, none of the Wendy's here offer it and I haven't had it since 2001. But damn it was good.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The only problem with my Chick Fil A is that since the pandemic hit it has been absolutely swamped in the drive thru, probably because they don't allow dine-in customers yet. They are generally pretty fast getting orders out but the drive thru line wraps around the building and then uses an empty parking lot nearby as an overflow for the line. It takes like 15-20 minutes to get through the line even outside of the normal lunchtime window from like noon-2 pm. And they stopped doing curbside pickup I guess since my store couldn't keep up with the demand of the drive thru.

Once I'm fully vaccinated in a few weeks I'm just going to do mobile ordering with inside pickup, but for now I'm still trying to avoid strangers.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I’m surprised to see so many Royal farms supporters in here, I used to always stop at one for fuel on my work trips north and think that place sucks, always has dirty bathrooms and never clean inside. Didn’t think the chicken was very good either. Wawa or die

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
So many guys I work with drink bang energy drinks, things are disgusting. I’ll have an occasional redbull but I’ll never get the obsession for energy drinks. I’d rather have a coffee or juice/water

Reactions: kicksavedave

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
So many guys I work with drink bang energy drinks, things are disgusting. I’ll have an occasional redbull but I’ll never get the obsession for energy drinks. I’d rather have a coffee or juice/water

Energy drinks. Taste like chemicals, nothing but caffeine and sugar. Hard pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad