OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 2 - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Mando episode 7 was great. Sucks we have to wait until the 27th for episode 8 now. Hopefully they can get some more Star Wars series on Disney+ after the success of this show. I know the Obi Wan series is coming but some more live action series would be great, especially since Marvel has about 100 coming out on their side of Disney+ :laugh:

Side note for those with Disney+, if anyone is a nerd about Disney and their parks, the Imagineering documentary series has been great so far. Highly recommend it and it has lots of behind the scenes shots of the parks

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Mando episode 7 was great. Sucks we have to wait until the 27th for episode 8 now. Hopefully they can get some more Star Wars series on Disney+ after the success of this show. I know the Obi Wan series is coming but some more live action series would be great, especially since Marvel has about 100 coming out on their side of Disney+ :laugh:

Side note for those with Disney+, if anyone is a nerd about Disney and their parks, the Imagineering documentary series has been great so far. Highly recommend it and it has lots of behind the scenes shots of the parks
The Obi Wan series is being helmed by the director of Mandalorian episodes 6 and 7. I'm optimistic.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Maybe Star Wars should stick to TV: Clone Wars, Rebels and now Mandalorian, all succesful. Forget the feature films and just stick to television.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The Expanse season 4, The Witcher season 1, Lost in Space season 2....shaping up to be a good Christmas break....

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The Expanse season 4, The Witcher season 1, Lost in Space season 2....shaping up to be a good Christmas break....

I just started re-watching The Expanse after stopping after watching the first 2 episodes. Just started Season 2. Its definitely grown on me despite the guy who plays Holden.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I just started re-watching The Expanse after stopping after watching the first 2 episodes. Just started Season 2. Its definitely grown on me despite the guy who plays Holden.

I like Steven Strait surprisingly, the character is annoying at times however. Season 3 was really strong. One episode into season 4 and it was solid.

For space SYFY, they have a lot of cool moments observing more real effects of gravity in the various ships. Smart syfy in that sense. In a limited option genre, among the if not the best there is right now IMO.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
The Expanse is the greatest. It needs more exposure than it gets. I used to get annoyed by Holden as well, but ever since *spoiler* happened to him in season 3, I've came around on him kind of. Because now he's attached to one of my favorites I guess.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Whoa, The Witcher is a lot more dark and violent than I expected.....me likey.

How is it so far? I saw mixed reviews for it so far although I loved the games. The story for Hearts of Stone DLC was one of the most fascinating things I've seen in gaming even though it's another version of the Faustian tale. But it was so well made.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Whoa, The Witcher is a lot more dark and violent than I expected.....me likey.
Gave it a brief 1st episode look late on Thursday but will give it a more series watch this weekend.

Saw this today across my twitter feed that made me laugh.

‘The Witcher’ Producers Assure Gamers Netflix Series Will Include All 400 Side Quests From ‘Wild Hunt’
‘The Witcher’ Producers Assure Gamers Netflix Series Will Include All 400 Side Quests From ‘Wild Hunt’

“We understand fans’ worries about their favorite characters or quests from the Witcher games not making it into the show, but rest assured that viewers will be treated to hours of Henry Cavill killing drowners and helping villagers clear spirits from their farms,” executive producer Sean Daniel told OGN. “You won’t just see Yennefer and Dandelion, but also fan favorites like Hattori the Dumpling Swordsman and Niellen, the Blackbough hunter who lost his wife.

“We also have a great 10-minute short that’s just Geralt sitting in a chair at the Oxenfurt barber and deciding on a new hairstyle,” he added.

Witcher completionists are sure to be thrilled that the show’s creators are dedicated to keeping intact the series’ well-known regard for immersion and worldbuilding, including hours of footage where Geralt collects white myrtle and blowball and painstakingly crafts oils and potions in preparation for some killer fight scenes. With over 3,000 spoken roles and episodes that will run between several minutes and 20 hours, it’s really everything a Witcher fan could hope for!

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Went and saw Rose of Skywalker last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nonstop action and IMO a great ending to the Skywalker saga. Don’t listen to the Rotten Tomatoes critic scores. They are way off on this one.

Very interested to see where Disney takes the franchise from here.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I also Rise of Skywalker, it was like one, giant LSD trip. Its had a few fun moments, but ultimately not a movie I would want to see again.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
How is it so far? I saw mixed reviews for it so far although I loved the games. The story for Hearts of Stone DLC was one of the most fascinating things I've seen in gaming even though it's another version of the Faustian tale. But it was so well made.

Finished episode 4 of 8. Digging it. Cavill is a little stiff early on IMO.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Went and saw Rose of Skywalker last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nonstop action and IMO a great ending to the Skywalker saga. Don’t listen to the Rotten Tomatoes critic scores. They are way off on this one..

I just got back from seeing it also and feel similarly. Were there a couple cliche like and somewhat eye rolling scenes? Sure but overall it was very entertaining and I really enjoyed it.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
As long as you’re entertained, that’s a win in my book. Saw Knives Out.....wanted it to be better, but decent.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
As someone who never played the games or read the books, I'm loving the Witcher. Agree that Cavill can be a bit wooden (though I think that's largely intentional), and some of the critiques of the writing have merit. But this is similar for me to Carnival Row on Prime--they've both created and engrossing and interesting world where familiar fantasy elements meld with a period drama. Very entertaining, and I'd bet on the quality improving a la the Expanse if the show is popular enough to throw more money towards production staff.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It could very easily be named Dungeon and Dragons “whatever”.....but the world is impressive. It delivers grit though and that is huge.

Other than the story being a little choppy (jumping back and forth in time) and some scenes a bit campy, I like Witcher.

It’s what I had hoped Shannara would be so far.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
It could very easily be named Dungeon and Dragons “whatever”.....but the world is impressive. It delivers grit though and that is huge.

Other than the story being a little choppy (jumping back and forth in time) and some scenes a bit campy, I like Witcher.

It’s what I had hoped Shannara would be so far.

Was pretty impressed with Witcher. My expectations were low but as other have said didn't expect it to be that dark (which is fine with me). Like the time they spent on the backstories especially Yennifer.

Shannara and the books I consider classic fantasy..mosdef no the grim dark variety. But I actually didn't mind the show.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
"Oh no. She's a good person and I like her but she is like a sister to me. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd do her if she let me."

The Expanse is truly a great show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad