OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 2 - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
make the switch and you’ll never look back.

can’t wait for the Apple Watch 6.
That's what I keep hearing. Do you have GPS + Cellular or just GPS?

I want to pull the trigger but I keep reading about the Series 6 watch supposedly being released in September and I'm not thrilled with the idea of buying a watch now only to have the newer and improved model released in a few months.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
That's what I keep hearing. Do you have GPS + Cellular or just GPS?

I want to pull the trigger but I keep reading about the Series 6 watch supposedly being released in September and I'm not thrilled with the idea of buying a watch now only to have the newer and improved model released in a few months.

just gps.....can’t really make a use case for the cellular for myself. I always have my phone with Me when out of the house or near me in. I work from home regularly, always rotate one AirPod in an ear all day long. With the watch and good Bluetooth range, I can take a call pretty much anywhere on 3 levels and can do pretty much everything from watch in a pinch.

I have a 4, cannot wait for the 6. I want the always on feature that the 5 (and future models will have), but I think it’s a 2-3 year device, so I’ll wait to upgrade. September“Ish for the 6.

If I were you and had nothing today I’d pull the trigger on a 5 and worry about a potential upgrade later. If you’re active you don’t want to miss a summer’s worth of use. The data analytics are great.

I don’t think the difference in the 6 to 5 Is going to be so massive you’ll be left wanting immediately. Even so, in a year you’ll get sweet deals on a 6 if you want one badly.

I’ve become a A little of Apple Watch band junkie....There are some really nice high quality options.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
No offense but.....pshhh.....Garmin. My mom took that stance until she got an Apple Watch. ;)

They’re all pretenders. I use golf shot app., it’s fantastic and links nicely into all the fitness/activity analytics as you would expect.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
No offense but.....pshhh.....Garmin. My mom took that stance until she got an Apple Watch. ;)

They’re all pretenders. I use golf shot app., it’s fantastic and links nicely into all the fitness/activity analytics as you would expect.

No offense taken. It was a gift.

I didn’t know how much it was until Alex asked his question. Surprised how much it was compared to an Iwatch. My wife has an Iwatch, it’s cool. She can answer texts and phone calls on it. Mine just lets me read texts and notifies me of a call. She also needs to charge hers every 2-3 days where my Garmin lasts about 2 weeks on a charge.

What I really like about mine is it tracks where I walk with my dog, I don’t run. I only run when chased. Anyway, download my walking session to my phone and it gives me a cool map with distance and other info. I’ll try to include my map from our excursion today to Patapsco State park.

Attachments

• BC04E99B-1CFC-4BD5-98F8-D10FAA01D415.jpeg
    BC04E99B-1CFC-4BD5-98F8-D10FAA01D415.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 5698AEFA-E62D-4BC3-8FE6-849D5C478191.jpeg
    5698AEFA-E62D-4BC3-8FE6-849D5C478191.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

I didn’t know how much it was until Alex asked his question. Surprised how much it was compared to an Iwatch. My wife has an Iwatch, it’s cool. She can answer texts and phone calls on it. Mine just lets me read texts and notifies me of a call. She also needs to charge hers every 2-3 days where my Garmin lasts about 2 weeks on a charge.

What I really like about mine is it tracks where I walk with my dog, I don’t run. I only run when chased. Anyway, download my walking session to my phone and it gives me a cool map with distance and other info. I’ll try to include my map from our excursion today to Patapsco State park.

yep, pretty things come at a power consumption cost. I don’t sleep with my watch so it goes on the charger at night.

I use mapmyfitness for tracking walking/runs/etc.....love that stuff.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

I think you and my wife have the exact same watch, given those screenshots. Either that or all Garmin tracking looks the same regardless of product type. She loves hers, though she really doesn't like how she can't turn off message notifications without disconnecting the watch entirely from her phone.

I ended up buying the smaller 38mm Apple Watch Series 3 on sale for about $175. Figured that's a reasonable price to see if I like the Apple Watch before the Series 6 comes out this fall with all the bells and whistles. I checked the Garmin site too and was shocked at how pricey the Garmins are... definitely no discounts comparatively there. Only saw one watch under $200 and that model was on sale.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think you and my wife have the exact same watch, given those screenshots. Either that or all Garmin tracking looks the same regardless of product type. She loves hers, though she really doesn't like how she can't turn off message notifications without disconnecting the watch entirely from her phone.

I ended up buying the smaller 38mm Apple Watch Series 3 on sale for about $175. Figured that's a reasonable price to see if I like the Apple Watch before the Series 6 comes out this fall with all the bells and whistles. I checked the Garmin site too and was shocked at how pricey the Garmins are... definitely no discounts comparatively there. Only saw one watch under $200 and that model was on sale.

wait....you bought the women’s version? Are you dainty? Lol....;)

Good interim price buy. I’d be shocked if you don’t upgrade.

Now, integrate with AirPods and your life will be changed forever.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
wait....you bought the women’s version? Are you dainty? Lol....;)

Good interim price buy. I’d be shocked if you don’t upgrade.

Now, integrate with AirPods and your life will be changed forever.

Hah! I did. I'm short and stocky so it doesn't look too "dainty" on me and the plan is to have my (very petite) wife use this one once the Series 6 comes out, and she wanted the smaller one. Her work precludes her from wearing watches that have messaging capability so she doesn't want to spend a ton of money on an Apple Watch since she can't wear it most of the time but still wants one for outside of work and for weekends, so this plan should work out well.

Just integrated and yeah, it's terrific. I was an Apple hater for a long time -- Android phone user, non-MacBook laptops, Bose or BeatsByDre headphones (which, perhaps unsurprisingly, have turned into total dogshit since Apple acquired them) -- but my employer issues MacBooks and my wife has all Apple stuff so I reluctantly switched to an iPhone from the Galaxy S6. Now I have a MacBook Pro, an iPhone, an Apple Watch, and the AirPods (which my wife bought me as a hostile takeover bid to get me to switch to the iPhone) so yeah, I guess I'm an Apple guy now.

I think I'm most excited about not having to check my phone 50 times a day. I hate how much I look at that thing and getting important notifications to my watch will let me only check my phone when necessary.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I was going suggest, the size will at least allow for an easy handmedown.

welcome to the collective...lol.

AirPods are a game changer. I love having Siri read my texts to me in my one AirPod I rotate through the day.

you’ll appreciate the larger screen when you upgrade in September.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I joined this board on May 23rd 2015

But right now, I've just receive this message "Veteran. You've been here 5 years!"

And we're May 21st 2020.

So it means HF doesn't know that leap years exists lol :laugh:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

This is awesome. FIrst off, she's what, a string octet (or a dual quartet?), all by herself.

Second, John Williams is one of the greatest composers of all time. Take Star Wars the movies out of the picture, his music would stand on its own and be great and stand the test of time. Hard to believe that song, and Star Wars, is 40 years old TODAY!

May the Force truly be with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->