Injury Report: Injuries Thread | Bear (Head), Lagesson (Wrist), Kassian (Hand/Weeks), 4K (CollarBone/Months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
It really just depends on whether or not he wants to come back.

Andrew Ference was definitely able to pass a physical when he sat on LTIR. Many players have been.

Reactions: tabs

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Will Sekera be worse than Benning upon return? I think that is the only marker that will determine his addition to the lineup.

Who knows. But I think Sekera/Benning was a fine pairing in the past. That being said, it's likely Jones > Sekera.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
It really just depends on whether or not he wants to come back.

Andrew Ference was definitely able to pass a physical when he sat on LTIR. Many players have been.
Sekera may love to play hockey, but he isn’t dumb. I’m sure he’d be able to acknowledge that he can’t keep up anymore after two injuries in a row and missing so much time of that truly is the case. He won’t want to come back and be an anchor. That wouldn’t benefit him or his team.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Sekera may love to play hockey, but he isn’t dumb. I’m sure he’d be able to acknowledge that he can’t keep up anymore after two injuries in a row and missing so much time of that truly is the case. He won’t want to come back and be an anchor. That wouldn’t benefit him or his team.

Hockey players, and most elite athletes (and elite people in general actually), are arrogant, and proud. That can help or hinder our desire to have Sekera on LTIR. Sekera might be too proud to hold his team back and be a minus while on the ice, or he might be too arrogant to realize this, or so arrogant as to think he could work his way back to top form through sheer will. I guess we'll find out. Ideally, he is able to continue rehabbing for the next 9 months, and is able to show up to camp fairly healthy next year.

This is all only valid should he prove to be ineffective of course. If Sekera comes back and is able to be 80% the player he was, I think most of us would gladly take that player back on our team.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I think he will give it some sort of shot. Lets keep in mind the guy is only 32 and all he knows is hockey. I don't see him just up and retiring/sitting without trying one last time.

I think if he gives it an honest try and sees that he just can't keep up that he'll step aside and go on LTIR.

Well by all accounts, he IS giving it one more try as we speak. He is practicing with the team, and trying to come back. So far the reports are that he is simply incapable of keeping up with the other players. That of course can change with more healing and rehab though, so it's a "wait and see game" at the moment.

I hope he he the self-awareness to hang them up if he can't keep up anymore.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Well by all accounts, he IS giving it one more try as we speak. He is practicing with the team, and trying to come back. So far the reports are that he is simply incapable of keeping up with the other players. That of course can change with more healing and rehab though, so it's a "wait and see game" at the moment.

I hope he he the self-awareness to hang them up if he can't keep up anymore.
The real tough part is that he's going to miss the locker room. A lot of guys in there look at him as a leader too. Tough to give that up, but we shall see. I haven't hear much new in the past couple weeks to be honest.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
It is only 2 weeks longer, almost double, the time that Gaudreau came back from the same injury, lol. So give Klefbom another 2-3 weeks, and he might be ready to come back. Yup, typical Klefbom.
As I understand it, Gaudreau vs Klefbom: broken bone vs broken bones, broken finger vs broken fingers. 6 weeks maximum vs 6-8 weeks normally.

From that info alone I am guessing it's really not the same injury.

If there is one player though that I would suggest avoiding pushing deadlines for a comeback though it's Klefbom.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Just kinda sorta...checking things out whenever I remember or have a slow day at work. This new layout still throws me off.

The new layout does take some getting used to for sure. It took me a while as well...didn't like it at all at fist but have since adjusted. Kind of like how I have adjusted to watching a .500 team. :D

Reactions: Rin

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
As I understand it, Gaudreau vs Klefbom: broken bone vs broken bones, broken finger vs broken fingers. 6 weeks maximum vs 6-8 weeks normally.

From that info alone I am guessing it's really not the same injury.

If there is one player though that I would suggest avoiding pushing deadlines for a comeback though it's Klefbom.

Yup, 100% true

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
The new layout does take some getting used to for sure. It took me a while as well...didn't like it at all at fist but have since adjusted. Kind of like how I have adjusted to watching a .500 team. :D

giphy.gif

Reactions: guymez

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Klef being back will not be that significant. He wil need time to build up to speed and he wasn't that great in the first place.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Klef being back will not be that significant. He wil need time to build up to speed and he wasn't that great in the first place.
I don't know to be honest. It was after all just a finger and he should have his conditioning at a pretty solid level.

Half the team is probably going on a pisser the next 10 days, so how hard is it going to be for Klef to keep up with the guys that gain 10lbs of booze?

Unless of course Klef goes on a good pisser too

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
anyone know the record with and without Klefbom after Hitch took over?
7-2-1 after Hitch showed up. Then the injuries to both Klef and Russell was a win against Colorado. Then with both out we were 1-6-1. Then Russell came back and we went 5-6-0. Losing both sunk us. We’ve hovered around 0.500 with just Klef out. But long story short, 7-2-1 with Klef, 6-12-1 without.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
We have completely nose dived without him. It will be significant. Also he broke his fingers he didn’t break a leg. He is probably back to speed already.

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
7-2-1 after Hitch showed up. Then the injuries to both Klef and Russell was a win against Colorado. Then with both out we were 1-6-1. Then Russell came back and we went 5-6-0. Losing both sunk us. We’ve hovered around 0.500 with just Klef out. But long story short, 7-2-1 with Klef, 6-12-1 without.

It’s almost like you need good Dmen to win games regardless of who is coaching. Anyone who thinks Klefbom isn’t one of the most important players on the club is clueless.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
If the Oil want to LTIR Sekera, I don’t think the league would fight it too much.

I mean look at Robidas island, or Lupul, Zetterberg being allowed to walk (RE: limb) away without repercussions.

Though I don’t think we’re quite at that point yet. I mean look at Myers, he seems completely broken down two years ago, and has completely bounced back.

Reactions: Mr Positive

steam whistle

Nov 27, 2013
Ontario
come in peace please.
just one thing bothering me, back to few years ago, why oil org didn't make the trades like RNH-JONES or Eberle -JONES OR HALL-JONES happen? back then, I knew most of your guys certainly want to keep Leon. Or the guy like John Carlson?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
come in peace please.
just one thing bothering me, back to few years ago, why oil org didn't make the trades like RNH-JONES or Eberle -JONES OR HALL-JONES happen? back then, I knew most of your guys certainly want to keep Leon. Or the guy like John Carlson?
May or may not have been there's always these things floating around, I assume they get attached to the players they have (the organizations I mean)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad