Injury Report: Injuries Thread | Bear (Head), Lagesson (Wrist), Kassian (Hand/Weeks), 4K (CollarBone/Months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I still can't believe how dumb of a play that was by Smith. Haven't seen a worse "dump in" since Alfredsson ripped one at Niedermayer.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Wonder what happened to Lucic.

8dp09q39q3s21.jpg

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Anyone catch what they said on 1260? Something about a bouncer? I got the tail end haha anyone know?

some random commentor on a stupid hockey website said lucic got in a fight with a bouncer, how that ended up on the radio waves in Edmonton is a mystery

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Makes you wonder why his surgery wasn't done sooner?

I remember his injury. I was at the game and was watching him when he hurt his wrist. He went right to the bench doubled over in obvious pain holding his wrist and TD was looking at it for quite a while on the bench - he didn’t play much after that. It didn’t look good at the time.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I remember his injury. I was at the game and was watching him when he hurt his wrist. He went right to the bench doubled over in obvious pain holding his wrist and TD was looking at it for quite a while on the bench - he didn’t play much after that. It didn’t look good at the time.
How did it happen?

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I honestly don't get why people are so low on him. He's 20 years old.

He was gifted some pretty incredible opportunities. Far more than Puljujarvi for example. Was drafted for his speed and offense, so far very little of that to be seen. He is an older draftie so there was a bit of hope he might be able to come in a bit sooner. Right now I think he is years away from being ready for the nhl if ever.

He was absolutely mishandled. Should not have even seen an nhl game yet. But what we have seen from him, especially for the opportunity he had, is disappointing.

I got caught up in the hype that he could help at the nhl level. Many did. But originally I didn't even think he would get an nhl game until this year and only a few. So it's more a case of readjusting expectations than being low on him.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
He was gifted some pretty incredible opportunities. Far more than Puljujarvi for example. Was drafted for his speed and offense, so far very little of that to be seen. He is an older draftie so there was a bit of hope he might be able to come in a bit sooner. Right now I think he is years away from being ready for the nhl if ever.

He was absolutely mishandled. Should not have even seen an nhl game yet. But what we have seen from him, especially for the opportunity he had, is disappointing.

I got caught up in the hype that he could help at the nhl level. Many did. But originally I didn't even think he would get an nhl game until this year and only a few. So it's more a case of readjusting expectations than being low on him.
He had a great camp in his first year and got 9 games. Last year he also looked good in camp and got 17 games on a team that had injury issues and no depth on the wings. I don't see this as a big deal. In his draft plus 2 year he started slow in the AHL but then played very well until getting hurt. It's way to early for this type of assessment.

And by the way he was not drafted for his speed because he has never been that fast. It is his creativity and tenacity that was his calling card.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I was just thinking that Puljujarvi had surgery first.
Then Yamamoto who coincidentally was drafted the year after.
Does this mean that Bouchard will have surgery next? /s

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Has anybody heard anything regarding McDavid's injury? I believe the original diagnosis was "around 3 months", but that they were going to closely monitor. It's only been 2 months since the injury, but I was just curious if anybody has heard anything at all. Thanks for info you you have it.

Edit: After a little digging, this is the most recent update I can find:

Seems like he isn't sure how much ice-time he'll get this offseason, which I guess makes sense as the injury was early April, which means the "3 months" won't be over till early/mid July. So really only 5-7 weeks on the ice before training camp, and that is if everything goes well with rehab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->