Injury Report: Injuries Thread | Bear (Head), Lagesson (Wrist), Kassian (Hand/Weeks), 4K (CollarBone/Months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

That is freaking huge for this team. With this defence in tact and Sekera getting up to NHL game speed with every game the defence overall is actually just fine. They can win some games with that crew IMO.

If Klefbom was to go down however the defence wouldn't be able to absorb that.

Reactions: The Batman

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
That is freaking huge for this team. With this defence in tact and Sekera getting up to NHL game speed with every game the defence overall is actually just fine. They can win some games with that crew IMO.

If Klefbom was to go down however the defence wouldn't be able to absorb that.

Klefbom returning and being able to play 25+ minutes per night is definitely huge. The trickle down effect means less minutes for guys like Nurse and Benning. Edit: Even Russell who I think played poorly with Klefbom out.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Klefbom returning and being able to play 25+ minutes per night is definitely huge. The trickle down effect means less minutes for guys like Nurse and Benning. Edit: Even Russell who I think played poorly with Klefbom out.

I think that every dman struggled to an extent with Klefbom out. IMO the reason for that is because every dman now has to play above their pay grade...it affects very dman including Larsson.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
I think that every dman struggled to an extent with Klefbom out. IMO the reason for that is because every dman now has to play above theur pay grade...it affects very dman including Larsson.
Tbh I thought Larsson has looked off this entire season. Earlier in the year I still saw a lot of odd decision making, getting turned inside out, the sort of plays that are out of the ordinary for him. He (and the rest of the D) just looked worse without Klefbom. He's played a bit better lately but there's definitely something up with him.

A lot of players have regressed this season. Larsson, Talbot, Rieder, etc. All players I am confident will rebound though. The lack of depth and constant losing has affected everyone whose last name isn't McDavid/Draisaitl. Which is why I'm hesitant to criticize anyone's performance during a season where a GM and head coach was fired.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I think that every dman struggled to an extent with Klefbom out. IMO the reason for that is because every dman now has to play above their pay grade...it affects very dman including Larsson.
Classic Oilers problem. It's such a fragile group and really we need all of them to play for the D to function properly. We saw the difference when Larsson came in 16/17, not that he was carrying the group or anything, but adding a good top 4 D man suddenly had most of the others playing at their right pay-grade.

I think the three most significant pieces right now are Klefbom, Nurse and Larsson. Any one of those three out for a significant amount of time and we are in big trouble. I do hope they address this issue in the summer. I'd definitely try to add another top 4 D without touching the current group, so that the D as a whole becomes more robust even when of them is either struggling or is out with injury.

Reactions: guymez

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Tbh I thought Larsson has looked off this entire season. Earlier in the year I still saw a lot of odd decision making, getting turned inside out, the sort of plays that are out of the ordinary for him. He (and the rest of the D) just looked worse without Klefbom. He's played a bit better lately but there's definitely something up with him.

A lot of players have regressed this season. Larsson, Talbot, Rieder, etc. All players I am confident will rebound though. The lack of depth and constant losing has affected everyone whose last name isn't McDavid/Draisaitl. Which is why I'm hesitant to criticize anyone's performance during a season where a GM and head coach was fired.
He has looked off, I think it was discussed in the Larsson thread lately. It is strange since normally he is a guy known to be consistent and not have big ups and downs. I was saying the other week that I am am not overly worried because he still manages to have good games from time to time so it is not that he has forgotten how to play the game. But he do needs to get his head, or whatever, together and start playing up to his level again. It is still a bit annoying to me that his best seasons to date imo are his last two with NJD (and the playoffs with the Oilers in 16/17).

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Slash? I thought he got a slap shot in the nuts.
I posted that 2 weeks ago. But with all the injuries Klefbom sustains it's easy to get the timelines mixed up.;)

Here was the the slapshot to the Swedish meatballs:

Him straightening up so that the puck's trajectory nails him right in the nuts is so Klefbomesque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad