Injury Report: Injuries Thread | Bear (Head), Lagesson (Wrist), Kassian (Hand/Weeks), 4K (CollarBone/Months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
how can he possibly be better suited if he is worse in every facet of the game. Benning isn’t better suited at anything compared to Larsson.

Benning = cheaper so that's about the only way that he fits that role better.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Well that's really good news. Archibald doesn't score, but he helps our PK for sure. Nygard has looked pretty good in limited views so far, and has a TON of speed. Also, it will create a lot of internal battle for playing time and roster spots.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I'm honestly feeling pretty good to see a

Nurse - Bear
Klefbom - Larsson
Russell - Benning

Defense
If Larsson regains half of his 14/15-16/17 form I think this will be the most well-balanced D group we've seen a while. Better than 16/17. Obviously not perfect, but still.

We'll see, I know lots of people have serious doubts about Larsson.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
If Larsson regains half of his 14/15-16/17 form I think this will be the most well-balanced D group we've seen a while. Better than 16/17. Obviously not perfect, but still.

We'll see, I know lots of people have serious doubts about Larsson.

Larsson in a 2nd pairing role isn't what most people have a problem with. Most don't like him in top-pairing role. You could certainly still argue that a Klefbom/Larsson pairing is our top pairing, but with the emergence of Nurse/Bear, its really a 1a/1b scenario. I can't see a situation where having Larsson isn't better than having Persson or Jones (on his off-side) in that spot.

Reactions: Homesick

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Larsson in a 2nd pairing role isn't what most people have a problem with. Most don't like him in top-pairing role. You could certainly still argue that a Klefbom/Larsson pairing is our top pairing, but with the emergence of Nurse/Bear, its really a 1a/1b scenario. I can't see a situation where having Larsson isn't better than having Persson or Jones (on his off-side) in that spot.

Anyway you slice it, Larsson is a 21-22 minute d-man who likely plays the most minutes on the team on the penalty kill whereas Persson and Jones are 15-16 minute d-men who only play 5 on 5 save some mop up time on the PP. That extra 6 minutes of ice at minimum allows Russell or Benning to play less minutes, or if Bear starts to struggle at some point you can drop a minute or two from his game, also helps distribute some of the PK minutes away from everyone as Klefbom and Russell's PK minutes are getting a little high.

Last edited:
Reactions: Homesick

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Nuge is on the shelf due to hand-injury? Only heard about it during the Yotes game tonight.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Nuge is on the shelf due to hand-injury? Only heard about it during the Yotes game tonight.

Apparently he’s been playing with the injury for a couple of games. I think he hurt it vs San Jose. I remember him holding his hand heading to the bench and thought of the time he broke his hand. He maybe cracked a bone or something.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Apparently he’s been playing with the injury for a couple of games. I think he hurt it vs San Jose. I remember him holding his hand heading to the bench and thought of the time he broke his hand. He maybe cracked a bone or something.

It would seem strange to only be out for another 2 games for a broken game, which is apparently the case with RNH. I'm not sure what kind of hand injury keeps a guy out for less than a week though? Maybe he was "mostly healed" or something, and they are just giving him a week or so to finish healing? No idea.

If they keep him out until the Kings game on Dec 6th, RNH can only miss 4 games, but have 2 weeks off though. So with a bit of a lull in our schedule, it might the perfect time to give him a few games off.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
It would seem strange to only be out for another 2 games for a broken game, which is apparently the case with RNH. I'm not sure what kind of hand injury keeps a guy out for less than a week though? Maybe he was "mostly healed" or something, and they are just giving him a week or so to finish healing? No idea.

If they keep him out until the Kings game on Dec 6th, RNH can only miss 4 games, but have 2 weeks off though. So with a bit of a lull in our schedule, it might the perfect time to give him a few games off.
Could be a nasty bruise that makes certain movements tough

Reactions: Oilhawks

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
This is the Oilers. They always say 'x days" and it turns out o be 10x longer.

If he is out for a while, it will hurt us. From the Oilers itmeline, he is supposed to be back for the two games against VAN.

If he is seeing doctors, it must be something lingering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->