Injury Report: Injuries Thread | Bear (Head), Lagesson (Wrist), Kassian (Hand/Weeks), 4K (CollarBone/Months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Yes, McLeod needs more time but they should call him up for now. Can see how he does at one of the bottom 6 C and he can PK.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I guess you just reinsert Jurco.

Chiasson RNH Neal
Khaira Sheahan Granlund
Jurco Gagner P. Russell

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Colby Cave would be the more logical call up I think. He already knows Tippet's system having played here for a bit.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
When was the last time we heard of Nyguard's return?
Glad to hear Persson is coming back soon. He was starting to grow on me before he got hurt.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
closing in on the one month mark on Larsson now.
2 more weeks or 4 more weeks?

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
closing in on the one month mark on Larsson now.
2 more weeks or 4 more weeks?

There is something wrong with Larsson. Between the ears? Physically? Not happy with/in Edmonton?

I got nothing but speculation but he went from the Devils best defenseman and an absolute beast for us in 2016-2017 to a weaker #4 on a relatively weak team.

I watch him in the international tourneys and he is the best defenseman in the whole dang tourney. Sure it's easier than the nhl but his play looks so different.

The longer Larsson is away the better. Bear has taken his spot handily but I'd like to see more before he comes back.

When he does get back i imagine he takes Bennings spot on the bottom pairing. Although in all honesty, as huge a fan of Larsson as I still am, Benning is better in that role with Russell.

This will be the first time Larsson will have any actual competition for his top 4 slot. I am hoping the competition wakes up the real Larsson. With the defense playing the way it is, adding a motivated Larsson would be huge for our chances to make and do well in the playoffs. And if Bear cements his spot in the top 4, which looks likely, and injuries stay away from the blueline moving forward you can trade Larsson for much needed forward help.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
There is something wrong with Larsson. Between the ears? Physically? Not happy with/in Edmonton?

I got nothing but speculation but he went from the Devils best defenseman and an absolute beast for us in 2016-2017 to a weaker #4 on a relatively weak team.

I watch him in the international tourneys and he is the best defenseman in the whole dang tourney. Sure it's easier than the nhl but his play looks so different.

The longer Larsson is away the better. Bear has taken his spot handily but I'd like to see more before he comes back.

When he does get back i imagine he takes Bennings spot on the bottom pairing. Although in all honesty, as huge a fan of Larsson as I still am, Benning is better in that role with Russell.

This will be the first time Larsson will have any actual competition for his top 4 slot. I am hoping the competition wakes up the real Larsson. With the defense playing the way it is, adding a motivated Larsson would be huge for our chances to make and do well in the playoffs. And if Bear cements his spot in the top 4, which looks likely, and injuries stay away from the blueline moving forward you can trade Larsson for much needed forward help.
You lost me when you said Benning is better than Larsson...

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
You lost me when you said Benning is better than Larsson...

Benning versus Larsson as our #6 defenseman = Benning being better suited, not better.

Having that depth would/will be awesome. But Benning at 2.25 moving forward is expensive enough for our #6 and can do well enough against low competition. Larsson as our 5/6 is just overkill and overpaying.

Last edited by a moderator:

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I know your just trolling but I will reiterate/clarify. Benning versus Larsson as our #6 defenseman = Benning being better suited, not better.

Having that depth would/will be awesome. But Benning at 2.25 moving forward is expensive enough for our #6 and can do well enough against low competition. Larsson as our 5/6 is just overkill and overpaying.

With the emergence of Bear (who I agree we need to see more of before making any moves) and Persson (same comment applies), I wonder if we'll see the team move on from Benning in the offseason. Nurse is going to command a very large raise. Even if you double both Bear/Persson salary, it would still be less than Benning's 2+ we would have to spend to qualify Benning. Benning could maybe be moved with a pick or Pulj for some help up front in the middle six. Gotta figure a serviceable 3rd pairing guy and a reclaim offensive project could land a decent 3rd line winger.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
With the emergence of Bear (who I agree we need to see more of before making any moves) and Persson (same comment applies), I wonder if we'll see the team move on from Benning in the offseason. Nurse is going to command a very large raise. Even if you double both Bear/Persson salary, it would still be less than Benning's 2+ we would have to spend to qualify Benning. Benning could maybe be moved with a pick or Pulj for some help up front in the middle six. Gotta figure a serviceable 3rd pairing guy and a reclaim offensive project could land a decent 3rd line winger.

We have a great "problem" on our blueline moving forward.

If we didn't need help at forward I would say keep em all, and really that's a solid route to take anyway.

But if we are trying to upgrade the forwards one of Russell or Larsson is traded for sure.

Benning, somewhat unfortunately, as one of our few nhl worthy right shooting defensmen AND still a RFA is a good assets to retain. Moving on from Benning this year and then losing Larsson to UFA the following year would leave us only Persson, Bear, and Bouchard of note in the AHL and NHL...

Larsson is better but a UFA and getting completely outplayed by Bear and Persson.

Also. If Persson and Bear play this well through the season + post season you lock them up for multi year contracts. In the current nhl young top 4 puck moving defensemen get more than 2 million per year with any term. The only leverage we would have is their small sample size.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Benning versus Larsson as our #6 defenseman = Benning being better suited, not better.

how can he possibly be better suited if he is worse in every facet of the game. Benning isn’t better suited at anything compared to Larsson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TB12

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
So in the next two months Bear and Persson need to solidify their rolls as the top two RD’s on the roster. When Larsson returns 5,6 and 7 are filled with expensive veterans so it makes sense that one is moved by the trade deadline. Benning needs a contract, is the youngest and cannot play above 6D. Moving him saves enough to resign Bear and Persson. Bury Manning and bring up Lagesson and/or Jones. Play them in a mentored situation so as to decide if they are NHL ready. I see Lagesson and Larsson as a PK/shutdown pairing. In the off season you can decide to move Russell or risk losing Jones. By the time Larsson’s contract ends Bouchard should be NHL ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad