Injury Report: Injuries Thread | Bear (Head), Lagesson (Wrist), Kassian (Hand/Weeks), 4K (CollarBone/Months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
It is only 2 weeks longer, almost double, the time that Gaudreau came back from the same injury, lol. So give Klefbom another 2-3 weeks, and he might be ready to come back. Yup, typical Klefbom.
Not all broken fingers are alike mind you. If he had a pin in its not strange he's not back yet.

Quokka

Oct 17, 2012
Regina, SK
Not all broken fingers are alike mind you. If he had a pin in its not strange he's not back yet.

I thought I had heard it reported that Klefbom broke multiple fingers but only required surgery on the pinky. Three is the number I seem to recall but can't find at the moment and looking at the reports, most seem to say that Klefbom had broken fingers, plural. That seems worse than the injury Gaudreau suffered so it makes sense it would take longer to heal.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It is only 2 weeks longer, almost double, the time that Gaudreau came back from the same injury, lol. So give Klefbom another 2-3 weeks, and he might be ready to come back. Yup, typical Klefbom.
The earliest date that was even speculated was maybe the 19th and even then it was just maybes from everyone reported it.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
what is the latest on Sekera? He was skating with the team a month ago but now there seems to be talk that he might be out for the season???

I think the concern is that he basically can't skate anymore. When Stauffer, the mouth piece of the Oilers organization, is publicly tweeting things about Sekera not having any explosiveness in his skating, you know things must be bad. I won't be shocked if Sekera is LTIR for the remaining 2 years on his contract. He turns 33 this upcoming June, so he will be 35 when those 2 years are over (ending his current contract). There is a very real possibility that this is the end of his career.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If Sekera is on IR for the remaining for his contract. The Oilers might just dodge a bullet there

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Doubt that happens.

Having no explosiveness in his skating isn’t an applicable reason to LTIR someone
How is it any different than any other reduced ability to play due to injury? If a player can walk around and skate normally without issue but can’t stop and start or board battle effectively based on a bad back, that would count wouldn’t it? How is this any different since he can skate but can’t at a level necessary to compete due to the injury?

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
How is it any different than any other reduced ability to play due to injury? If a player can walk around and skate normally without issue but can’t stop and start or board battle effectively based on a bad back, that would count wouldn’t it? How is this any different since he can skate but can’t at a level necessary to compete due to the injury?

Yeah, I don't see how this would be a problem. The team just wouldn't have him pass a medical you would think.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
There’s a difference between being injured and being bad and no longer a nhl player.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
A previous injury yes, but he will pass his physical.
Says who? He has to be able to perform at the nhl level to be considered healthy. If he can barely get around the ice then he isn’t fit to play at that level.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Yeah, I don't see how this would be a problem. The team just wouldn't have him pass a medical you would think.
If he does in fact go on LTIR for the remainder of his contract, that would actually be moveable to a team looking for the cap hit but not having to pay if it’s insured.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Says who? He has to be able to perform at the nhl level to be considered healthy. If he can barely get around the ice then he isn’t fit to play at that level.
Being able to perform at the nhl level has nothing to do with healthy?

We have players in the AHL who are healthy and can’t perform at a NHL level

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Being able to perform at the nhl level has nothing to do with healthy?

We have players in the AHL who are healthy and can’t perform at a NHL level
But the reason he can’t is due to the injuries he sustained. It’s not like he chilled at home for the last 6 months and just isn’t in shape. His body physically can’t do it anymore because of the injury. If his skating went out from age then I’d agree with you. But that’s not the case.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
But the reason he can’t is due to the injuries he sustained. It’s not like he chilled at home for the last 6 months and just isn’t in shape. His body physically can’t do it anymore because of the injury. If his skating went out from age then I’d agree with you. But that’s not the case.
If his surgery healed fine, he will pass a physical, doesn’t matter if he can’t skate at a nhl level anymore

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
If his surgery healed fine, he will pass a physical, doesn’t matter if he can’t skate at a nhl level anymore
I disagree. You can be both healthy and not fit for your work at the same time when your work requires more than just being healed.

Reactions: Oilhawks

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think the concern is that he basically can't skate anymore. When Stauffer, the mouth piece of the Oilers organization, is publicly tweeting things about Sekera not having any explosiveness in his skating, you know things must be bad. I won't be shocked if Sekera is LTIR for the remaining 2 years on his contract. He turns 33 this upcoming June, so he will be 35 when those 2 years are over (ending his current contract). There is a very real possibility that this is the end of his career.
I think he will give it some sort of shot. Lets keep in mind the guy is only 32 and all he knows is hockey. I don't see him just up and retiring/sitting without trying one last time.

I think if he gives it an honest try and sees that he just can't keep up that he'll step aside and go on LTIR.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Will Sekera be worse than Benning upon return? I think that is the only marker that will determine his addition to the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad