Injury Report: Injuries Thread | Bear (Head), Lagesson (Wrist), Kassian (Hand/Weeks), 4K (CollarBone/Months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Heard on tsn 1260 this afternoon that Klef isn’t back until February.

That would make sense, as it would be after the all-star break. We have 8 more games until the all-star break, and then a 10 day break before our next game on February 2.

Those 8 games are not exactly elite teams either, so I'm guessing the team is hoping to trade water and maybe go .500 during that time. Then Klefbom comes back in early February, and Sekera in mid-February. I'm sure that is what the "brain trust" is thinking (quotes because they are all idiots, of course).

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't love the player, but that sucks for him, I hope he's ok.

Edit: I think the League should go to standard where if you hit a guy from behind and he ends up on IR, you're automatically suspended for a game or 2. I know that all of these hits are concerning, but you have to start somewhere.

Funny Gregor was talking about this yesterday. Seems like no one really cares right now.

13. Alex Petrovic is out with a concussion suffered on this hit by Timo Meier. It isn’t suspension worthy, but why does the NHL allow blatant hits from behind? I’ve spoke to GMs about it and others in the NHL office and they say there hasn’t been an appetite for change. Why not? The league wisely wanted to crack down on head shots, and since they started penalizing and suspending players hits to the head are now a rarity. Why not do the same for hits from behind? It makes no sense. Wake up NHL. Hits from behind do not make the game better. They are unnecessary and players will adapt quickly and stop delivering these blows if you penalize them.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
According to Hitchcock Klefbom will hopefully be cleared to go on ice today or tomorrow. From that point to playing could be quick, but they still count on having him back in Feb after the break.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
According to Hitchcock Klefbom will hopefully be cleared to go on ice today or tomorrow. From that point to playing could be quick, but they still count on having him back in Feb after the break.
Just cleared to go on the Ice? It's a broken finger, not sure why he couldn't be skated all along.

Sure hope he was doing some sort of cardio while out.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Just cleared to go on the Ice? It's a broken finger, not sure why he couldn't be skated all along.

Sure hope he was doing some sort of cardio while out.

Probably to skate with the team and/or use the stick. Anyhow, Hitch talked about it in the post-game yesterday and it sounded like 'cleared to go on ice'.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Update today (Hitchcock):

"... he is still a few days away from being allowed to go on the ice"

"Looking right now it's a bit quick to ask him to play before that break. Ideally with the last three break (before the break) we were hoping to catch a break, but we'll have to wait until after the break"

Edit: about Klefbom

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I see Benning or Gravel dealt to be honest. The other thing I'd logically do is send JP down. I'd damn near do the same with KY, but maybe they want to give him a bit more time

I think Benning is dealt or Gravel sent to Bako. JP dealt or sent to Bako. :popcorn:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I think Benning is dealt or Gravel sent to Bako. JP dealt or sent to Bako. :popcorn:

I'd say KY is likely the one sent down. Only got one game on his return, so it's an easy call. Go get him back into game shape.

As for the defense, I have no idea. But I don't think Petro is actually on the IR so they don't actually need to move anyone. None of the defense are overly good, but Gravel is the cheapest and as such more likely a waiver risk vs. Manning. If there is any chance at all that Sekera is coming back, they'll need the smaller salary of Gravel to balance the cap.

For Sekera to come back, they need to clear over $3M. They are currently carrying 26 including the injured players, which means they'd have to demote 3 players that each offer about $1M in cap relief or else they'd have to go with less than a 23 man roster.

That said, the day they grabbed Manning it made cap management basically impossible with a 23 man roster barring trades, so it's likely they did that because the latest on Sekera is season ending.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I'd say KY is likely the one sent down. Only got one game on his return, so it's an easy call. Go get him back into game shape.

As for the defense, I have no idea. But I don't think Petro is actually on the IR so they don't actually need to move anyone. None of the defense are overly good, but Gravel is the cheapest and as such more likely a waiver risk vs. Manning. If there is any chance at all that Sekera is coming back, they'll need the smaller salary of Gravel to balance the cap.

For Sekera to come back, they need to clear over $3M. They are currently carrying 26 including the injured players, which means they'd have to demote 3 players that each offer about $1M in cap relief or else they'd have to go with less than a 23 man roster.

That said, the day they grabbed Manning it made cap management basically impossible with a 23 man roster barring trades, so it's likely they did that because the latest on Sekera is season ending.

I was referring to when Klefbom comes back, at that point they will need to move another body off the roster and pretty sure it’s going to be another D and probably a trade.

I wonder if we see Sekera this year at all hence why we brought in the 2 D and added salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->