Injury Report: Injuries Thread | Bear (Head), Lagesson (Wrist), Kassian (Hand/Weeks), 4K (CollarBone/Months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Its ******ed we have this many defenseman if Sekera is back
and the saviour Dmen Sekera and Klefbom won't even be 100%. It will be like a whole team of 2nd and 3rd pairing guys. Although I do think Larsson is top pairing, but he's only really top pairing if he can complement a more well rounded guy like Klefbom (when Klef is healthy that is)

Numz

Oct 7, 2013
knowing Klef he made some meatballs back home in Sweden and one was somehow still frozen. He bit into it, broke his tooth, developed an infection that spread, and he's out for the season...

Man I read this yesterday and was like lol but then I got home from work today and read that Klefbom had a setback today and immediately remembered this post and started laughing my ass off.

Not that Klefbom being injured or having a setback is funny but my god.

Anyway, lets hope he's ok and will be back ASAP.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I would probably argue that he is not made of glass as much of being a living incarnation of Murphy's law...

I wanted ask why the f*** is someone waving around his stick close to Klefbom's hands at this time, but I guess practice should reflect games so no holding back.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Marc Methot literally had his finger chopped off by Crosby and missed 9 games and 1 playoff game. Like really Klef?

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Marc Methot literally had his finger chopped off by Crosby and missed 9 games and 1 playoff game. Like really Klef?
I broke my finger last December. It is not just the bone healing that is the issue. When there is that kind of force it is the ligaments that get stretched/strained. That is the part that takes the longest. To be honest, it was still uncomfortable 8-10 months after and once in a while when it is really strained I can still feel it now. It doe snot affect me at all.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I had read he broke three fingers but only required surgery on one. All reports at the time said he broke "fingers".
And bones, not bone.

Some just need to find any reason though. Last year it was very easy and man did he get shit on hfoil, it was unbearable. This year it has been harder but this fingers story is the perfect excuse. So right back at it I guess.

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
Whats the deal with Sekera? There hasn't been anything in the media about him. He has to be close to a conditioning stint by now you'd think ?

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Whats the deal with Sekera? There hasn't been anything in the media about him. He has to be close to a conditioning stint by now you'd think ?
Hitchcock said that he is skating but in terms of starting to play he is still a few steps out. Not there yet basically.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I’m pretty sure it’s just one and it’s been over 8 weeks.

No it was multiple, either 2 or 3. My memory is saying 2. But yeah, I know what you are saying. If Klefbom gets injured, he is guaranteed to be out of action for whatever the maximum "normal time" is, plus a 20-40% variance on that time. I've never seen anything like it. He must have some weird medical condition, like a lack of stem cells or something, lol.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
No it was multiple, either 2 or 3. My memory is saying 2. But yeah, I know what you are saying. If Klefbom gets injured, he is guaranteed to be out of action for whatever the maximum "normal time" is, plus a 20-40% variance on that time. I've never seen anything like it. He must have some weird medical condition, like a lack of stem cells or something, lol.
He did play injured for most of last year.
The staph infection came because he/they did not let a wound on his foot heal properly. So he's obviously played injured quite a bit.

I just think people are over-doing it a bit at the moment and taking it in the wrong direction (edit: not directed at you). We know almost nothing about the severity of different injuries, but we know that most if not all players play injured and that Klefbom has been no different so far.

Edit: I am still gonna guess that he's playing tomorrow.

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
He did play injured for most of last year.
The staph infection came because he/they did not let a wound on his foot heal properly. So he's obviously played injured quite a bit.

I just think people are over-doing it a bit at the moment and taking it in the wrong direction (edit: not directed at you). We know almost nothing about the severity of different injuries, but we know that most if not all players play injured and that Klefbom has been no different so far.

Edit: I am still gonna guess that he's playing tomorrow.
To me it sounds like his hand is still messed up if you can't even make it through a practice. How's it going to make it through a game?

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
To me it sounds like his hand is still messed up if you can't even make it through a practice. How's it going to make it through a game?
He seemed to be doing fine until he got slashed. To me it makes perfect sense that less than two months after a finger operation you can probably play, but if you get hit on that sore spot it will hurt like hell.

I've broken one finger and dislocated another and the dislocated one hurt like a ****er and got all swollen up even after 3-4 months when I happened to touch something in the "wrong" way. Can't imagine how it would feel to get slashed on it...

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Hitchcock said that he is skating but in terms of starting to play he is still a few steps out. Not there yet basically.
Kind of been like this for a month already. Won't be surprised if he is a few steps out for the rest of his career

It’s going to be tender for awhile. Unlucky slash to the hands by a boneheaded teammate.
I mean it's unfortunate, but odds were this could happen to him anyway in a real game.

How hard of a slash was it anyway? Or is Klef really just that injury prone

Always something with him. No wonder PC was looking at moving him last year

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I feel I missed something, Klefbom is not out. He is playing, right?

To me it sounded like he got slashed on his hand where he had the operation, i.e. probably hurt like hell, and therefore took it easy the last 15 mins of the practice. In a game I bet he wouldn't have missed more than a couple of shifts (enough time to get some pain killers working).

But I it is possible I missed a bit of the info.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I get the feeling this team's medical staff likes to over promise, or rather under sell issues.

If Klef is needing to wear a glove like that, I think saying he had a "broken finger" is under selling it, or only giving part of the full story. Clearly the dude shattered his hand in multiple spots.

Also this is his left hand, the one that flexs his stick while shooting. So... how much do we want to bet that he's still going to be on the PP and the main trigger man when he gets back into the lineup? :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->