Injury Report: Injuries Thread | Bear (Head), Lagesson (Wrist), Kassian (Hand/Weeks), 4K (CollarBone/Months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
come in peace please.
just one thing bothering me, back to few years ago, why oil org didn't make the trades like RNH-JONES or Eberle -JONES OR HALL-JONES happen? back then, I knew most of your guys certainly want to keep Leon. Or the guy like John Carlson?

Because those deals weren't entertained by Nashville. The rumour was Nuge was offered but the Preds far preferred RyJo. They weren't looking for a winger in that deal, they needed a 1C, so Hall wasn't going to get it done either.

What they should have done is put more onus on drafting D at the beginning of the rebuild.

steam whistle

Nov 27, 2013
Ontario
Because those deals weren't entertained by Nashville. The rumour was Nuge was offered but the Preds far preferred RyJo. They weren't looking for a winger in that deal, they needed a 1C, so Hall wasn't going to get it done either.

What they should have done is put more onus on drafting D at the beginning of the rebuild.
oh, I see. They prefer RyJo, not RNH.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
PEUJp9a.png

31 Thoughts: Three key decisions holding up NHL trade deadline dominos - Sportsnet.ca

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If the Oil want to LTIR Sekera, I don’t think the league would fight it too much.

I mean look at Robidas island, or Lupul, Zetterberg being allowed to walk (RE: limb) away without repercussions.

Though I don’t think we’re quite at that point yet. I mean look at Myers, he seems completely broken down two years ago, and has completely bounced back.

How about Hossa? Just because he's only making 1M per year for the last few years of his contract he can say "yeah I've got a rash and it's uncomfortable but I'd like you guys to pay me so just put me on LTIR" and the league says "OK Bro". Richard Matvichuk is the oldest example I can remember. Dude was saying in interviews that he could actually play hockey if the team really wanted him to, but he was content to get paid 3.5M per year to spend time with family.

Really Ryan Whitney should have been on LTIR for life before he was even traded to Edmonton, but he didn't want to accept that his carer had gone down the toilet.

For Sekera, only way we can put him on LTIR for the rest of his contract is if he's totally cool with it. If he envisions hockey being a part of his every day life for years beyond his current contract no way we'll be able to get away with putting him on LTIR.

7-2-1 after Hitch showed up. Then the injuries to both Klef and Russell was a win against Colorado. Then with both out we were 1-6-1. Then Russell came back and we went 5-6-0. Losing both sunk us. We’ve hovered around 0.500 with just Klef out. But long story short, 7-2-1 with Klef, 6-12-1 without.

Russell is the guy we never talk about because his game isn't at all flashy but since coming to Edmonton it's been hard to argue his usefulness.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
knowing Klef he made some meatballs back home in Sweden and one was somehow still frozen. He bit into it, broke his tooth, developed an infection that spread, and he's out for the season...
Except that the concept of frozen meatballs is offensive to those of Swedish descent

Reactions: LaGu

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
People really think they're going to cut the oilers slack on some LTIR shenanigans just because the precious leafs/blackhawks got a break? hahaha

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Sooooo...

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Sekera-Petrovic/Benning
Petrovic/Benning, Manning, Gravel

They're going to lose Gravel on waivers, instead of jettisoning of Manning, aren't they :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->