Dec 18, 2005
McIntyre needs to be better
D dysfunctional but survived
Still a 3 point Cushion

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Glad they were able to hang on. I didn't really notice Zech tonight but I tried to really focus on Berglund. My quick take on the player after my first viewing is good offensively but needs mass and work in his own end. He scored a nice goal in the slot, and almost had his second in similar fashion. Smart player and knows when to jump up and when to start getting back. He had a few nice breakups in the neutral zone, showing a good stick. I thought there were a few times in the defensive zone where he was just standing there watching too much.

BruinsNetwork

Glad they were able to hang on. I didn't really notice Zech tonight but I tried to really focus on Berglund. My quick take on the player after my first viewing is good offensively but needs mass and work in his own end. He scored a nice goal in the slot, and almost had his second in similar fashion. Smart player and knows when to jump up and when to start getting back. He had a few nice breakups in the neutral zone, showing a good stick. I thought there were a few times in the defensive zone where he was just standing there watching too much.

Pretty much agree with that as Berglund has been that type of player for a while now, but his skill is undeniable and I think he would have been drafted earlier had he gotten more exposure. He's really young and has plenty of room to grow, also this is the kid that Axelsson and other Euro scouts were "pounding the table" for when he was drafted, so there's definitely something there.

I had interviewed him tonight after the game, but he politely requested that we don't shoot a video segment as he's still working on his English and didn't feel comfortable. He said he's okay with an audio interview, but I could tell her wasn't comfortable with that either so out of respect for him, I won't be posting the audio. I will transcribe his answers and post them on my site tomorrow though, along with a small write up about him.

I did however interview Jay Leach after the game and let me tell you, he's absolutely the right man for this job. I've had my reserves about him, but any doubt I may have had is gone after speaking with him tonight. Aside from being concise and very intelligent, he's on top of things with player development and seems to know exactly what these kids need down here. Very impressed by him, but I feel bad he had to listen to my word vomit for three entire minutes. I'll post that interview tomorrow too after some editing.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Pretty much agree with that as Berglund has been that type of player for a while now, but his skill is undeniable and I think he would have been drafted earlier had he gotten more exposure. He's really young and has plenty of room to grow, also this is the kid that Axelsson and other Euro scouts were "pounding the table" for when he was drafted, so there's definitely something there.

I had interviewed him tonight after the game, but he politely requested that we don't shoot a video segment as he's still working on his English and didn't feel comfortable. He said he's okay with an audio interview, but I could tell her wasn't comfortable with that either so out of respect for him, I won't be posting the audio. I will transcribe his answers and post them on my site tomorrow though, along with a small write up about him.

I did however interview Jay Leach after the game and let me tell you, he's absolutely the right man for this job. I've had my reserves about him, but any doubt I may have had is gone after speaking with him tonight. Aside from being concise and very intelligent, he's on top of things with player development and seems to know exactly what these kids need down here. Very impressed by him, but I feel bad he had to listen to my word vomit for three entire minutes. I'll post that interview tomorrow too after some editing.

Do you think Berglund will come over here for a full season after the summer? As a Modo fan i would love to see him stay with us in Allsvenskan for another season. We will be pushing hard for a SHL promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->