Providence Bruins General Discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Wish I had the pallet and know how to make this top 10 list. I just know the wine in ontario is pretty darn good. I should know better than to debate with a Toronto native. :naughty:
Lol.
I'm a native of the Azores.
Grow up in Montreal, being in Toronto for past 4 years.
Lived in 4 different continents.

Reactions: DKH

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
Absolutely. Depending on who inevitably goes down in Boston and who gets recalled from Providence, this team could be poised for a deep run in the Spring.

I think that we're going to be seeing Bjork and Senyshyn sooner than late win Boston, though. Whether that be on the right-side for Kuhlman or Ritchie at 2RW and 3RW is TBD.

Would love to see Senyshyn start playing next to Captain Jack, though. It's nice that he has some skill on his line with Fitzgerald and Gaunce, but his best plays in the P3 (where @Saxon Eric) said he looked good, seemed to come when he was on the ice with different players. His best chances and shifts came from the few moments he had with Studnicka.

A lot of people are still down on Senyshyn, but he looks good out there and I like where his head is at. Been noticing so far this season he's showing more patience and playmaking with the puck.
love reading this.. i follow the p-b's but never actually sit down to watch . so thank you to all who give their input..but, it drives me crazy to think what this kid was in junior, a goal scoring machine, and i get that he needed to learn all facets of the game, but does that mean neuter his offensive abilities? boston is going to need a pure goal scorer. put senyshyn on 1st pp, give him some minutes with captain jack and let him get his confidence as high as it can be.. i still would love to see him with krejci some more.

Reactions: Estlin

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Fine wine: anything that doesn't come out of a box or have a screw off top :laugh::laugh:
Funny you say that,tiny Portugal was having a hard time keeping up with the demand of cork that many wines switched over to the screw top
And there's some decent boxed wines out there,not all mind you,buyer beware lol

Reactions: Dr Hook

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Are you familiar with German Pinot Noir?
It's hard to find outside of Boston but worth the effort

Pinot Noir is just a grape variety - that is the core grape variety for red in Burgundy. Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy have some very nice Pinot Noir based wines. Hard grape to grow as fickle with weather as it blooms early and you risk the pollen being washed away and no germination...and mildew and other things later in the season.

Not sure which one you're referring to for "German" and hard to find outside of Boston. If you have a winemaker in particular in mind let me know - I get over there often and will check it out if nearby.

Reactions: Spooner st

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Fine wine: anything that doesn't come out of a box or have a screw off top :laugh::laugh:
You know every brand of whisky, Whiskey or Scotch have their own different taste and flavor.
Imagine wine, from the same grape variety and same terroir can all have different taste, character and flavor. Even with the same climate.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Funny you say that,tiny Portugal was having a hard time keeping up with the demand of cork that many wines switched over to the screw top
And there's some decent boxed wines out there,not all mind you,buyer beware lol
There is a somewhat new man made cork that does a good job replacing the traditional cork.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Pinot Noir is just a grape variety - that is the core grape variety for red in Burgundy. Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy have some very nice Pinot Noir based wines. Hard grape to grow as fickle with weather as it blooms early and you risk the pollen being washed away and no germination...and mildew and other things later in the season.

Not sure which one you're referring to for "German" and hard to find outside of Boston. If you have a winemaker in particular in mind let me know - I get over there often and will check it out if nearby.
Long story short,I'm at a Wine expo a few years back, find my way to Saint Urbans Hof table for Riesling and they talked me into trying a few Reds,one of them being their Pinot Noir ,blew me away how good it was and I was a big Red drinker at the time with a better than average palate,It's been a few years since I've had any as I'm all into craft breweries right now..

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Reactions: wintersej

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
No... never heard of it. Is there a brand, Will look for it anyway, thanks.
Saint Urbans Hof vineyards was the first
I was drinking only German grown Pinot Noir and Californian Petite Sirah near the end,i then discovered Miss Swiss American Porter from Purgatory brewery and the rest is history lol

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Lot of wine...ing going on in here:sarcasm: Really don't care for the stuff. T.dot is a nice place to visit, then leave. Horrible traffic, houses are expensive and too much gun crime lately.

Like to Seny raise his stock this year. I think Gaunce could be a Kuraly with way better hands and less speed. Steen and Bjork may get a shot, I hope.

Niagara Icewine ranked #2, in the world in 2017 (Peller Estates Signature Series –Best Splurge) and had 4 more in the top ten. Niagara region is at roughly the same latitude as Northern Italy. Lake Ontario along its northern edge moderates the climate, which is similar to that of Burgundy, France. For a connection to hockey you can try Wayne Gretzky Estates in Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Hook

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
it drives me crazy to think what this kid was in junior, a goal scoring machine, and i get that he needed to learn all facets of the game, but does that mean neuter his offensive abilities? boston is going to need a pure goal scorer. put senyshyn on 1st pp, give him some minutes with captain jack and let him get his confidence as high as it can be.. i still would love to see him with krejci some more.

I was thinking about this the other day. While I never saw Senyshyn play live in the OHL, I watched a good number of video highlight clips of his games and there were numerous instances of him dangling around defenders and showing a lot of skill. In my limited viewing of him in his pro games, I haven't seen many instances of that skill level he demonstrated in junior.

Is is just that pro defenders are too good for him to pull those moves off? Is it a confidence thing? Or has that part of his game been coached out of him in order to avoid turnovers/mistakes? It's probably hard to say for sure but it would be a shame if it was the latter...I would rather a kid with a high skill level make some mistakes while trying to make a play vs. forcing them to abandon that part of their game in order to fit into a mold that jives with what the organization wants out of that player.

I would think that's not the case considering that Pastrnak and Marchand often make boneheaded turnovers while over-stickhandling and that hasn't stopped them from becoming go-to offensive guys...but it just feels like you never hear Sweeney, Leach, etc. talk up Zach's offensive skills. It's always quotes about how his defensive game is improving, and how willing he is to learn, and how it's important that he be able to play in the bottom 6 if he wants to play in Boston....it just seems like they've gotten in their minds that he is never going to be a top 6 scoring winger despite never really being given a chance in that role since turning pro.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Saint Urbans Hof vineyards was the first
I was drinking only German grown Pinot Noir and Californian Petite Sirah near the end,i then discovered Miss Swiss American Porter from Purgatory brewery and the rest is history lol
I will say one of my all time favorite Wines has a screw cap, I really enjoy a lot of the Chilean reds which are very dry for the most part. But I'm with you and am way more invested in the American microbrew scene at the moment, it's crazy the number of wonderful beers being produced at the moment. If you ever make it to Tampa I'll give you some suggestions on the better breweries around if you are looking to try some.

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
Via Joey Mac at the Athletic. I think that those that watched the games this weekend would agree with this, I do. But the good news is that they are planning on bringing him up in 10-12 games.

Anders Bjork: No doubt he wasn’t happy about his assignment to Providence, but the forward handled it as a pro and proved it on the ice. The plan is for him to play 10-12 games in the AHL to build his confidence since the start to his pro career was derailed by a pair of shoulder injuries and surgeries. Once he finds his game on a consistent basis, Bjork has the ability to be a top-six forward in the NHL. Once Boston does come calling, he could be a solid fit on the Bruins’ third line with Charlie Coyle.

“He was excellent,” Leach said. “Arguably our best forward. You just noticed him from start to finish. I’ve been super impressed with him since coming down here. He’s on a mission. He’s working his tail off.”

Case in point: Against Hershey, Bjork was attempting to make a play at the offensive blue line, but turned the puck over. The Bears created a 2-on-1 but Bjork backchecked, separated his opponent from the puck, gained possession and created a chance down the other end of the ice.

“It was one of those big-time shifts like you see from Patrice Bergeron,” Leach said.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Are you familiar with German Pinot Noir?
It's hard to find outside of Boston but worth the effort

Having worked in the "biz" for some time now, in the last 10 years, German Pinot Noir`s have really made some great inroads, we used to stock one at the joint I worked at in Halifax and it sold very well, it was Villa Wolf Pinot Noir

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

Don't you dare knock the screw off top. I love them! You can actually find some real good wine with the screw off top in all seriousness. To me there isn't much difference in a 10-15 dollar bottle and a 30-50 dollar bottle (obviously depends what you're getting)

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Shouldn't all this wine talk be in an OT thread or something?

Not seeing the relationship to the PBs......
It's better to talk about wine than whining about in which line they should play.
It's all about a healthy relationship enjoying a good wine with good company, while whining about calls from the refs.

See the relationship!!!

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Don't you dare knock the screw off top. I love them! You can actually find some real good wine with the screw off top in all seriousness. To me there isn't much difference in a 10-15 dollar bottle and a 30-50 dollar bottle (obviously depends what you're getting)
Agree... although in the end what matters is what ever makes you feel good. Sometimes a really good wine can be found at a really good price. The problem with a economical wine is they dont age well, so enjoy while they're still young.

Reactions: TwineTickler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad