Providence Bruins General Discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

Will have some of my final thoughts written in a a couple days about the prospects and players in Providence. In the meantime, let me say I’ve been very impressed by Jakub Zboril and he steadily progressed throughout the season. He was very good against Charlotte in the playoffs, as well.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Will have some of my final thoughts written in a a couple days about the prospects and players in Providence. In the meantime, let me say I’ve been very impressed by Jakub Zboril and he steadily progressed throughout the season. He was very good against Charlotte in the playoffs, as well.
Encouraging news on Zboril. What do you think his chances are for competing for a spot on the big club next year? Goodness, Vak and Lauzon too?

BruinsNetwork

And then there's this

The leadership and experience would actually go a long way for the young defensemen in the system.

Encouraging news on Zboril. What do you think his chances are for competing for a spot on the big club next year? Goodness, Vak and Lauzon too?

Well, here's the thing: Moore, Chara, Grzelcyk and Krug are all LHD with Boston. There isn't even enough spots for all of them to play, so how would there be enough for Zboril, Urho or Lauzon?

Now with that being said, I think Zboril is absolutely capable of playing in the NHL right now and he probably should be doing so– same with Lauzon. Bruins will have some hard decisions to make for sure. Vaakanainen probably won't compete for a spot, although he could, and needs more time anyways as the injuries definitely took a toll on him this season.

Reactions: Trizz617

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
We don't have all the information but it's possible these 2 would like a change of scenery and have asked out

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So on all those twitter rumors:

1.) Anton Blidh returning would surprise me, but I wouldn't be against it as he's a good AHL veteran. I think many here have speculated he'd try for the NHL elsewhere or even return home to Sweden.

2.) Tommy Cross would be a welcomed re-addition to the defense, especially on just an AHL deal. You could say they missed him back there. He may not be an NHL option at this point, but he is a solid AHL defenseman who can play in every situation. He knows the organization and would be a great guy to have around with all these young defenseman coming up.

3.) No problem with moving on from Cehlarik, but with JFK, I hope they're more patient on him. I'm not against using him in a package for legit NHL talent.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think if accurate, they are giving up on JFK way to soon

is it "giving up" on a prospect? They have Bergy, DK and now Coyle up the middle, JFK doesn`t have the game built for 4th line C and he`s sure not pushing any of the 3 mentioned out of the conversation.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
is it "giving up" on a prospect? They have Bergy, DK and now Coyle up the middle, JFK doesn`t have the game built for 4th line C and he`s sure not pushing any of the 3 mentioned out of the conversation.

Bergeron and Krejci are on the wrong side of 30. Boston is weak at center in terms of prospects, especially ones who could take over the reins of those two. Studnicka has the potential, but that's all it is at this point.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Bergeron and Krejci are on the wrong side of 30. Boston is weak at center in terms of prospects, especially ones who could take over the reins of those two. Studnicka has the potential, but that's all it is at this point.

and "potential" is all JFK has at this point too, while he`s looked ok in his stints, he`s done little to convince me he`s remotely close to claiming a full time NHL role in this organization, might be a simple case of numbers and opportunities for him and those are limited.

Yes Bergy and DK are on the wrong side of 30, and while Bergy appears a bit off thus far in the playoffs, IMO, that isn`t an age thing, I think something is bothering him and it`s not the opponent he`s facing but he had a terrific season as did DK. I see both being able to put together another 2 solid years and then we`ll likely see a decline but that hasn`t happened yet and the B`s are working on succession plans with Frederic/Studsy and who knows who they`ll draft this year.

Frederic didn`t do a ton with his opportunity either but he`s a rook who I would wager the B`s could see playing a bottom 6 role far easier than JKF down the road

Reactions: trenton1

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
and "potential" is all JFK has at this point too, while he`s looked ok in his stints, he`s done little to convince me he`s remotely close to claiming a full time NHL role in this organization, might be a simple case of numbers and opportunities for him and those are limited.

Yes Bergy and DK are on the wrong side of 30, and while Bergy appears a bit off thus far in the playoffs, IMO, that isn`t an age thing, I think something is bothering him and it`s not the opponent he`s facing but he had a terrific season as did DK. I see both being able to put together another 2 solid years and then we`ll likely see a decline but that hasn`t happened yet and the B`s are working on succession plans with Frederic/Studsy and who knows who they`ll draft this year.

Frederic didn`t do a ton with his opportunity either but he`s a rook who I would wager the B`s could see playing a bottom 6 role far easier than JKF down the road

as tough as you are on JFK, the good news is that he looked better when called up this time around vs last season

I sincerely believe, his issue is lack of tip top conditioning and some more mass. He needs to live at the gym this offseason

Frederic 1st stint with the parent club I thought was positive. He didn't score a point but did most of the "little" things well. Good at FO. Used his body well in regarding to protecting the puck and throwing bodychecks around

near the end of his stints he tried to get fancy with passes, stick handling (guessing to notch a point?) that he got himself in trouble. If he can develop/translate skills at the next level that would be nice, otherwise he should stick to simple plays and model his game after Jenner/Foligno

Reactions: trenton1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad