Providence Bruins General Discussion VI - Providence AHL affilation with B's extended until 2029

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Eric your opinion of Clifton?
Did Zane have a good game tonight
Clifton is a rock star,my money is on him replacing K Miller next season
McIntyre outstanding again
I'm convinced Vaakanainen is playing hurt,lower body ?, he's struggling
Zboril with another solid game,he's certainly not a bust,he'll make it but where?
Senyshyn has Frederic and Blidh, both of them very noticable throughout the game, Senyshyn wasn't, he's gone ice cold scoring wise,I question his hockey IQ,I'm concerned

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Zboril with another solid game,he's certainly not a bust,he'll make it but where?
Senyshyn has Frederic and Blidh, both of them very noticable throughout the game, Senyshyn wasn't, he's gone ice cold scoring wise,I question his hockey IQ,I'm concerned

First game I've watch Vaakanainen and he didn't really have that explosive feel on the back end. I was expecting his usual graceful skating. I do really like how he gets involved in the offensive zone. He's not afraid to go down low and involve himself in the cycle. It's nice to see he has this kind of "O" in his game. If the points translate, he could be an excellent two-way defenseman.

McIntyre was an absolute stud and was the reason this game was winnable for the Bruins. Like you said last night, it could have easily been 4-0 in the first.

Agreed on Zboril. He was very steady back there. Fluid skater and excellent on the breakouts.

Senyshyn was not very noticeable like you said. However, I'm just disgusted by how Leach uses him. He's an offensive player and doesn't get a sniff in offensive situations. He really can't find that second unit more than 30-40 seconds of PP time? They only came on the ice after the puck was dumped late in the PP's. I mean, Mark McNeill (who is f***ing awful) plays with better offensive players than Senyshyn. ZS9 seems to play 3rd line minutes, and 2nd unit PP. He does get on the PK and looks good. I will say that I was ready to blow a gasket when 3v3 started, and player after player after player came over the board that wasn't Senyshyn. He's the fastest player on the team, and is has offensive skill. I didn't get how he didn't get out there until like the 5th pairing.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
First game I've watch Vaakanainen and he didn't really have that explosive feel on the back end. I was expecting his usual graceful skating. I do really like how he gets involved in the offensive zone. He's not afraid to go down low and involve himself in the cycle. It's nice to see he has this kind of "O" in his game. If the points translate, he could be an excellent two-way defenseman.

McIntyre was an absolute stud and was the reason this game was winnable for the Bruins. Like you said last night, it could have easily been 4-0 in the first.

Agreed on Zboril. He was very steady back there. Fluid skater and excellent on the breakouts.

Senyshyn was not very noticeable like you said. However, I'm just disgusted by how Leach uses him. He's an offensive player and doesn't get a sniff in offensive situations. He really can't find that second unit more than 30-40 seconds of PP time? They only came on the ice after the puck was dumped late in the PP's. I mean, Mark McNeill (who is ****ing awful) plays with better offensive players than Senyshyn. ZS9 seems to play 3rd line minutes, and 2nd unit PP. He does get on the PK and looks good. I will say that I was ready to blow a gasket when 3v3 started, and player after player after player came over the board that wasn't Senyshyn. He's the fastest player on the team, and is has offensive skill. I didn't get how he didn't get out there until like the 5th pairing.
Wishing there was a way to petition Coach Leach to utilize and help maximize Seny's offensive traits. He should be getting top 6 minutes by now.

BruinsNetwork

Stylistically speaking, if you throw Krug, Colin Miller and a bunch of gunpowder into a blender, I bet Connor Clifton is what comes out of it.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I think we were all impressed with Connor in his brief call up. Standing up to and whipping a veteran star like Spezza in his first game showed me he has the confidence he needs to establish himself here.

I also watched clips of his play at Quinnipiac and there again, showed a guy in control and taking charge.

I definitely see a slot for him next season. Miller could be traded as well as Kampfer. Andersson,if he signs, will need some time to acclimate to NA style hockey. All in all, while the left side of our D looks solid, so too, does starboard.

Reactions: TwineTickler

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think we were all impressed with Connor in his brief call up. Standing up to and whipping a veteran star like Spezza in his first game showed me he has the confidence he needs to establish himself here.

I also watched clips of his play at Quinnipiac and there again, showed a guy in control and taking charge.

I definitely see a slot for him next season. Miller could be traded as well as Kampfer. Andersson,if he signs, will need some time to acclimate to NA style hockey. All in all, while the left side of our D looks solid, so too, does starboard.

Clifton is such a weird kid, in that he is a high risk player, and can move the puck. But he has never really produced offense at any level.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
No, He's a 4th liner in the NHL. He has just under 100 games with 14 points. Yes he is on the hottest scoring streak of his career right now, but while he is a guy who would give you an honest day work at the NHL level if you had to, he's not a top 6 player in the NHL
Lol, who said he could be a top 6. I meant as a depth guy, see what he can do maybe on the 3rd line for a game or two. He has outplayed a lot of AHL guys this year.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lol, who said he could be a top 6. I meant as a depth guy, see what he can do maybe on the 3rd line for a game or two. He has outplayed a lot of AHL guys this year.

My point may have been a bit too implied. Bostons 4th line is loaded, and Carey is a 4th line player at best in the NHL.

Reactions: FanSince72

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Wishing there was a way to petition Coach Leach to utilize and help maximize Seny's offensive traits. He should be getting top 6 minutes by now.
Maybe he should earn those minutes? Face facts it looks like he may wind up being a complete bust, not skilled enough to be a top 6 player and not gritty or smart enough to be a bottom 6.

Well it's not like they passed on anybody in that draft to take him

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Maybe he should earn those minutes? Face facts it looks like he may wind up being a complete bust, not skilled enough to be a top 6 player and not gritty or smart enough to be a bottom 6.

Well it's not like they passed on anybody in that draft to take him
Christ...

Give it up.

Pointing out someone on one off night when you don’t post for days until it happens doesn’t make you knowledgeable.

It makes you a....

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Two clutch wins in a row over Hershey, this time a 4-3 OT result. That moves Providence just ahead of Hershey for the #3 spot in the Atlantic. Well done.
icon_e_biggrin.gif

Carey (#1 star) got both the tying goal (PP) in the third and the GWG in OT. Frederic and Vaakanainen (PP) had the other goals.

Lots of assists tonight: Fitzgerald (2 and the #3 star), Smith, Senyshyn, Kuhlman, Clifton (2) and Szwarz. The team had 34 SOG.

Vladar had 19 saves on 22 SOG.

Game report: https://lscluster.hockeytech.com/game_r ... &lang_id=1

Reactions: FanSince72

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Sorry I posted these backwards.
- Winner 1st in OT, Providence wins 4-3
- next is the Frederic Fight
- Carey tying goal 3-3
- Vaak making it 2-1
- and last Frederic opening the score 1-0

OT winner Carey 6'1" 200 lbs -14 goals in 20 Providence games if my math is correct like to see what he can do with the 3rd line or with Krech till the injured guys get back

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
CAREY at 12:53 assists KUHLMAN and CLIFTON 3-3 TIE!!!

nice hands in tight, guy can flat out score

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Vaak, well he tried to pass it bit it went in. Nice plays by Seny and Fitz

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
FREDERIC LIGHTS THE LAMP, weird bounce but it worked, 1-0 Providence