Providence Bruins General Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
good lord, is that kid injury prone or what at the AHL level? Every time I check in, seems he`s out again, what happened this time?

Well he’s coming back from an “upper body” injury which was a concussion so hopefully not that

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
If you're gonna say that you have to include Wagner who has been an excellent find at 2x min salary

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Players like Blidh are why you don't need to go out and sign a guy like Nordstrom day 1 of free agency.

still have no idea how nordstrom got a 2 year deal for a million bucks a year, coming off a stellar 2 goal season.
he's a nice depth guy, but as you said, dime a dozen.

blidh would be a nice 4th line guy. am sure he'll catch on somewhere else soon, just like cave.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If you're gonna say that you have to include Wagner who has been an excellent find at 2x min salary

You know you can quote me, right? I wanted Wagner in the offseason so I didn't mind them getting him on the first day, and while he's a 4th liner himself, he's a step above Nordstrom. Wagner is a guy I can see going on Day 1 to a team who targets what he brings; physicality. Nordstrom doesn't bring anything.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Vaakanainen was much better yesterday aside from an awful turnover in the first.

Gemel Smith's skating is great. Guy has an engine. I think his board play at this level is pretty good, I don't know if it translates at the big time. He has good chemistry with Stempniak.

Providence pretty much dominated this game, the refs allowed Springfield to hang around with some generous calls that included some pretty awful embellishment. Springfield is loaded with clowns like Farnham, Zolnierczyk and Paul Thompson.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
You know you can quote me, right? I wanted Wagner in the offseason so I didn't mind them getting him on the first day, and while he's a 4th liner himself, he's a step above Nordstrom. Wagner is a guy I can see going on Day 1 to a team who targets what he brings; physicality. Nordstrom doesn't bring anything.

He has future in the speed skating competitions. No need for stick there.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
still have no idea how nordstrom got a 2 year deal for a million bucks a year, coming off a stellar 2 goal season.

blidh would be a nice 4th line guy. am sure he'll catch on somewhere else soon, just like cave.

Probably the same guy that signed Black Hole Backes (One even strength pt since Xmas.) to 6 million for 5 years when we needed a vet deeman.

I would like to see Blidh get a shot next year on the 4th. Sure would take the heat off Marshy, give the other teams someone else to hate on.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

Yes Blidh might catch on somewhere and he is exactly like Cave, hard working, zero offence, aka Nordstrom. Except neither Cave nor Blidh bring the defensive responsibility Nordstrom does, not close that is the reason they went with Nordy. Next year Blidh may well make the Bs, at Nordstrom’s salary he is easily moved or sent to the AHL without a cap penalty. They also could move Blidh at the draft or this summer. When discussing those three players the only separation is experience, and Nordstrom comes out ahead.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Nordstrom hasn't been the same player since returning from injury. Really liked his game prior to that, seemed like a good bargain.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yes Blidh might catch on somewhere and he is exactly like Cave, hard working, zero offence, aka Nordstrom. Except neither Cave nor Blidh bring the defensive responsibility Nordstrom does, not close that is the reason they went with Nordy. Next year Blidh may well make the Bs, at Nordstrom’s salary he is easily moved or sent to the AHL without a cap penalty. They also could move Blidh at the draft or this summer. When discussing those three players the only separation is experience, and Nordstrom comes out ahead.

Blidh might have more offensive upside than Nordstrom. He has a decent shot. That said, I don't expect Cassidy to play him over Nordstrom at this point. I would like to see Blidh on the B's next year, or at least getting a real shot at earning a 3rd/4th line role in place of Nordstrom. Nordy in that situation still might be the better option, but I'd like to see Blidh get another look and opportunity. We know what we have with Nordstrom.

Reactions: BBB24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad