Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
End of year grades
Goalies A , Didn't matter who was in net they all performed well, sure a soft goal now and again but that doesn't effect their overall grade, they were solid, Boston is in excellent shape at this position
Andrew Peski C+ Played 6 games and was a +2, didn't stand out in any particular area but also wasn't a determent, contract is up and might be worth keeping him around for depth
Curtis Hall C+ All things considered (long layoff, injury, full class load at Yale)wasn't that bad, struggled to find a role till the last few games, big boy with soft hands, decent vision, skating needs work as does fitness and engagement but I think there's a lot there and we have to be patient
Nick Wolff B- I think we can all agree we over rated him a bit coming into the season, for positives he's huge and as the season wore on he was more comfortable throwing his weight around, an excellent PKer and showed surprising offensive instincts for such a big dude, for negatives he's still very stiff and decision making is a bit slow, would obviously like more sandpaper, contract is up ,I'd like to see him in a full year and go from there
Joel Messner C He's been in/out of the organization for years now, he's a strong ECHL player and a mediocre AHL one, he's been good in a pinch but you can't count on him long term, I wish him good fortune in the wars to come
Urho Vaakanainen D waste of talent, bad attitude, bad pick, time to move on
Ian McKinnon B+ favorite of the Neanderthal wing of our fan base ,the kid can actually play a bit of hockey though, would love to see him rewarded with a contract extension, very entertaining player, he has an interesting hockey resume
Pavel Shen C- there didn't seem to be much development in his game, still takes bad penalties and doesn't chip in nearly enough to stay in the lineup, occasionally he teases you but it never last, 1 more year left to make an impression
Eduards Tralmaks B lots to like, big and feisty, skates well, drives to the net, responsible, looks like you can use him anywhere, they did well getting him
Matt Filipe B hard worker who grew into his role, started slow, became more aggressive showed above average pace and decent skill, suffered an undisclosed injury and missed last few games, keep an eye on him in the future
Joona Koppanen C- he fell off the map, started well then ?.... I assume we've seen the last of him
Jack Studnicka C 11 games 7 assist no goals -4 not very Captain Jack like, I didn't like his pouty body language and it wasn't till last few games he played to standards, while I'm concerned with the Providence player, Boston Coaching staff disconnect Jack has to do a better job pushing through it
Cooper Zech B would have been a B+ if his play didn't fall off after missing a few games to injury, development wise he's been hitting his marks and meeting expectations, able to play both sides of D and is a PP weapon when given the room to operate, his 5v5 play has improved and he's been able to gain a bit of muscle, points wise a little disappointing but he's also rounded out his overall game, contract is up and would love to see him back
Alex Olivier Voyer B+ I'll admit, I was skeptical but he's won me over, plays every shift hard, chips in offensively protects his teammates, seems like a coach's dream, if he can clean up his skating we might have something, happy he volunteered to continue playing in Jacksonville, good on Sweeney bringing in him, Tralmaks and Filipe, big dudes that are hard to play against
Jack Ahcan A- legit talent that in a normal year probably isn't rushed to the NHL like he was this season, runs the PP like a Boss, so competitive, yes seize is an issue, a big issue.. the kid's a winner though, lets see how this plays out
Oskar Steen B- Will the real Oskar Steen stand up? There are times when he should be in our top 10 prospect discussions and then there are times you forget he's on the ice, NHL release, plus skater, combative at times, need more consistency! hoping for a big season next year, we'll see
Zach Senyshyn B+ dude was a machine down here but his call ups were a bit disappointing, at this point I think you have to let him go, a very likeable kid who just didn't get there in time, I don't know what else to say
Paul Carey B- The Captain has been a warrior and has a lot of hard miles on him but it's obvious to me he's in decline, would like to wish him the best where ever he ends up
Brady Lyle A outstanding free agent signing that now has an NHL contract, nice combination of seize, skill, grit, cannon of a shot, went from a curiosity to a mainstay in rather quick time, he's going to need more seasoning so keep expectations within reason, skating isn't poor but it isn't great either, interested to see if he dropes off playing 70+ games next year, be happy though, so far so good
Robert Lantosi B in a way he disappointed me but I clearly over rated him, started slow but picked up his offensive play to where he was last year, I didn't see growth in the other parts of his game though, rumored to be heading to the KHL and wasn't a Black Ace so writing is on the wall, I'd like to give him a lower grade but he did deliver some timely goals , was worth the experiment and I bet he finds success elsewhere
Samuel Asselin A- just a solid hockey player, started on the 4th line ended up on the 1st, can play PP and PK ,hard to play against, really good player, improved at every level he's played at, should be resigned and will drive the vets crazy at training camp, energizer bunny, fun player to watch
Jakub Lauko A- only question I had for him was did he have the hands to play top 6 in the NHL and I'm happy to say he does, another player that's relentless and brings it every shift, loved watching him blossom offensively ,fearless that oozes machismo on the ice, needs to stay healthy though, he's very close to NHL ready, strange he didn't play Monday
Cam Hughes A+ Saved the best for last, does everything for the team, should be offered a one way deal and should be the next Captain, hopefully he sticks around another few years

Finally thanks to Providence for pulling this off, wasn't always pretty but they got 25 games in plus tons of practice time in
October 15 is right around the corner!
Thanks and I will do mine this weekend.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Saw voyer play in jax on sunday. Definitely one of the best players on the ice Goaltending and defense atroicious in that league

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Saw voyer play in jax on sunday. Definitely one of the best players on the ice Goaltending and defense atroicious in that league

Oh yeah, it's a rude shock going from watching the NHL and even the AHL to the E. When I was following the old Central League regularly before it folded (and it was a step below E) it was just jarring to see the sloppy, lazy stuff that went on, and just about every player (and the E is a lot like this too but not as bad) tends to do one or maybe two things pretty well and the rest of his game is crap.

aguineapig

The Central League as I remember it circa 1966
latest

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
End of year grades
Goalies A , Didn't matter who was in net they all performed well, sure a soft goal now and again but that doesn't effect their overall grade, they were solid, Boston is in excellent shape at this position
Andrew Peski C+ Played 6 games and was a +2, didn't stand out in any particular area but also wasn't a determent, contract is up and might be worth keeping him around for depth
Curtis Hall C+ All things considered (long layoff, injury, full class load at Yale)wasn't that bad, struggled to find a role till the last few games, big boy with soft hands, decent vision, skating needs work as does fitness and engagement but I think there's a lot there and we have to be patient
Nick Wolff B- I think we can all agree we over rated him a bit coming into the season, for positives he's huge and as the season wore on he was more comfortable throwing his weight around, an excellent PKer and showed surprising offensive instincts for such a big dude, for negatives he's still very stiff and decision making is a bit slow, would obviously like more sandpaper, contract is up ,I'd like to see him in a full year and go from there
Joel Messner C He's been in/out of the organization for years now, he's a strong ECHL player and a mediocre AHL one, he's been good in a pinch but you can't count on him long term, I wish him good fortune in the wars to come
Ian McKinnon B+ favorite of the Neanderthal wing of our fan base ,the kid can actually play a bit of hockey though, would love to see him rewarded with a contract extension, very entertaining player, he has an interesting hockey resume
Pavel Shen C- there didn't seem to be much development in his game, still takes bad penalties and doesn't chip in nearly enough to stay in the lineup, occasionally he teases you but it never last, 1 more year left to make an impression
Eduards Tralmaks B lots to like, big and feisty, skates well, drives to the net, responsible, looks like you can use him anywhere, they did well getting him
Matt Filipe B hard worker who grew into his role, started slow, became more aggressive showed above average pace and decent skill, suffered an undisclosed injury and missed last few games, keep an eye on him in the future
Joona Koppanen C- he fell off the map, started well then ?.... I assume we've seen the last of him
Jack Studnicka C 11 games 7 assist no goals -4 not very Captain Jack like, I didn't like his pouty body language and it wasn't till last few games he played to standards, while I'm concerned with the Providence player, Boston Coaching staff disconnect Jack has to do a better job pushing through it
Cooper Zech B would have been a B+ if his play didn't fall off after missing a few games to injury, development wise he's been hitting his marks and meeting expectations, able to play both sides of D and is a PP weapon when given the room to operate, his 5v5 play has improved and he's been able to gain a bit of muscle, points wise a little disappointing but he's also rounded out his overall game, contract is up and would love to see him back
Alex Olivier Voyer B+ I'll admit, I was skeptical but he's won me over, plays every shift hard, chips in offensively protects his teammates, seems like a coach's dream, if he can clean up his skating we might have something, happy he volunteered to continue playing in Jacksonville, good on Sweeney bringing in him, Tralmaks and Filipe, big dudes that are hard to play against
Jack Ahcan A- legit talent that in a normal year probably isn't rushed to the NHL like he was this season, runs the PP like a Boss, so competitive, yes seize is an issue, a big issue.. the kid's a winner though, lets see how this plays out
Oskar Steen B- Will the real Oskar Steen stand up? There are times when he should be in our top 10 prospect discussions and then there are times you forget he's on the ice, NHL release, plus skater, combative at times, need more consistency! hoping for a big season next year, we'll see
Zach Senyshyn B+ dude was a machine down here but his call ups were a bit disappointing, at this point I think you have to let him go, a very likeable kid who just didn't get there in time, I don't know what else to say
Paul Carey B- The Captain has been a warrior and has a lot of hard miles on him but it's obvious to me he's in decline, would like to wish him the best where ever he ends up
Brady Lyle A outstanding free agent signing that now has an NHL contract, nice combination of seize, skill, grit, cannon of a shot, went from a curiosity to a mainstay in rather quick time, he's going to need more seasoning so keep expectations within reason, skating isn't poor but it isn't great either, interested to see if he dropes off playing 70+ games next year, be happy though, so far so good
Robert Lantosi B in a way he disappointed me but I clearly over rated him, started slow but picked up his offensive play to where he was last year, I didn't see growth in the other parts of his game though, rumored to be heading to the KHL and wasn't a Black Ace so writing is on the wall, I'd like to give him a lower grade but he did deliver some timely goals , was worth the experiment and I bet he finds success elsewhere
Samuel Asselin A- just a solid hockey player, started on the 4th line ended up on the 1st, can play PP and PK ,hard to play against, really good player, improved at every level he's played at, should be resigned and will drive the vets crazy at training camp, energizer bunny, fun player to watch
Jakub Lauko A- only question I had for him was did he have the hands to play top 6 in the NHL and I'm happy to say he does, another player that's relentless and brings it every shift, loved watching him blossom offensively ,fearless that oozes machismo on the ice, needs to stay healthy though, he's very close to NHL ready, strange he didn't play Monday
Cam Hughes A+ Saved the best for last, does everything for the team, should be offered a one way deal and should be the next Captain, hopefully he sticks around another few years

Finally thanks to Providence for pulling this off, wasn't always pretty but they got 25 games in plus tons of practice time in
Great stuff

ouch on Uhro ~ took over Robert Thomas when they agreed to take Thomas as they sat at the table according to lore

very intrigued by Felipe

I’m the Flames or Oilers I grab Senyshyn ~ I liked his game at Providence and my team source says he’s been very good

Renewed my Providence tickets excited to watch them

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
End of year grades

Thank you for all the effort and time you've invested to keep meatheads like me informed with these kids.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
P-BRUINS ANNOUNCE OPENING NIGHT FOR 2021-22 SEASON AT THE DUNK | Providence Bruins

The Providence Bruins announced today the dates for six 2021-22 regular season home games at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center, highlighted by Opening Night in Providence fueled by Dunkin’ on Saturday, October 16.

Opening Night in Providence fueled by Dunkin’ will feature a special double banner raising to celebrate the P-Bruins Atlantic Division championships in each of the last two seasons. This special night will mark the return of hockey and P-Bruins fans to The Dunk.

Including Opening Night, the home games confirmed for the 2021-22 season at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center are:

Opening Night fueled by Dunkin’ • Saturday, October 16 • Time/Opponent TBD
Saturday, October 23 • Time/Opponent TBD
Friday, November 19 • Time/Opponent TBD
Sunday, January 16 • Time/Opponent TBD
Saturday, March 12 • Time/Opponent TBD
Saturday, March 26 • Time/Opponent TBD

The full schedule for the 2021-22 season will be released later this summer.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
P-BRUINS ANNOUNCE OPENING NIGHT FOR 2021-22 SEASON AT THE DUNK | Providence Bruins

The Providence Bruins announced today the dates for six 2021-22 regular season home games at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center, highlighted by Opening Night in Providence fueled by Dunkin’ on Saturday, October 16.

Opening Night in Providence fueled by Dunkin’ will feature a special double banner raising to celebrate the P-Bruins Atlantic Division championships in each of the last two seasons. This special night will mark the return of hockey and P-Bruins fans to The Dunk.

Including Opening Night, the home games confirmed for the 2021-22 season at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center are:

Opening Night fueled by Dunkin’ • Saturday, October 16 • Time/Opponent TBD
Saturday, October 23 • Time/Opponent TBD
Friday, November 19 • Time/Opponent TBD
Sunday, January 16 • Time/Opponent TBD
Saturday, March 12 • Time/Opponent TBD
Saturday, March 26 • Time/Opponent TBD

The full schedule for the 2021-22 season will be released later this summer.
Curious - What is the seating capacity at DD and what does Prov typically draw in non-pandemic times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->