Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XIII -2021 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I mean I've been high on Swayman since we drafted him, but I didn't think he's start out this strong.

6-0-0-1 / 1.50 GAA / .945 SV% / 1 SO

That's just a stupid line for a kid whose in his first pro year and coming into the season with a short camp. I know Vladar also has some solid numbers in Providence this year, so for those who watch regularly has Swayman been that lights out or is Providence just that good of a team?

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
I mean I've been high on Swayman since we drafted him, but I didn't think he's start out this strong.

That's just a stupid line for a kid whose in his first pro year and coming into the season with a short camp. I know Vladar also has some solid numbers in Providence this year, so for those who watch regularly has Swayman been that lights out or is Providence just that good of a team?

Theres a lot of things going on in Providence right now, including them benefitting from playing the same few teams that really don’t bring much to the table consistently outside of physical play.

Providence’s defense is definitely good, but the goalies are legit. Though, I find Vladar to still be making saves sometimes that are only due to his sheer size in net and I think there’s a chance he could get exposed in the NHL.

Swayman, though? Looks like he’s still playing in Maine and it’s just that easy for him. I’ll put him up against the best of the best in regards to goalie prospects in the AHL or below, that’s for sure.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018

I think it's been a little bit of both. He certainly got lucky tonight with a goal called back and one ringing the inside post without going in. But overall you can tell that the team is confident that they will win with him in net. Also he did have that bad giveaway for one of his goals.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
GOT a sneaky suspicion had the pandemic not wrecked the end of 2019/2020 , AS well as the holding pattern forced the hiatus until 8-10 weeks ago for 2021..... things might be different for Providence and the relationships they've built regarding prospect development etc.....

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
2008-2009 season @DKH ,his daughter, my son and me are at meet the Providence Bruins event, our kids go off to shake down more players for pictures and autographs, it's just Dan and myself with the Head Coach who was Rob Murray, we're talking hockey when he goes " do you know the player I've taken the most calls about"? So we start guessing Rask?, Marchand? Boychuk? Lashoff? Nope, he says he gets the most calls from other teams scouts for Byron Bitz, we couldn't believe it, so the moral of the story is, you never know whom the other teams are interested in
True bleeping story

hey Bitz dressed and scored in game 7 vs Canes they lost and was second star

maybe his last goal in nhl

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Theres a lot of things going on in Providence right now, including them benefitting from playing the same few teams that really don’t bring much to the table consistently outside of physical play.

Providence’s defense is definitely good, but the goalies are legit. Though, I find Vladar to still be making saves sometimes that are only due to his sheer size in net and I think there’s a chance he could get exposed in the NHL.

Swayman, though? Looks like he’s still playing in Maine and it’s just that easy for him. I’ll put him up against the best of the best in regards to goalie prospects in the AHL or below, that’s for sure.

I want so hard to keep my expectation in check with Swayman, but its so hard to not get excited/hyped about this kid. Watching him play for Maine, the kid was just a rock, night in and night out. If he gave up a bad goal, he shook it off and went right back to work. Kid was just so calm and cool behind the net it was amazing. If he pans out he certainly makes things easier for life after Tuukka.

Last edited:

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com

Probably lies somewhere in the middle. But wow, those are hella impressive stats for a 1st year goalie prospect.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Thanks for everyone for posting updates and providing detailed reports on prospects. I can't watch the games closely due to the 1 p.m. starting times, but glad to see Lauko, Senyhsyn, Swayman, Ahcan playing well. I gave up on Zach last year; hope he proves me wrong. I thought the team would struggle a bit given the makeup of the forward group but they have handled Hartford and Bridgeport for most of the season.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
It’s nice to see an exciting goalie prospect. I haven’t seen one in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad