Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XI - Providence Bruins to play abbreviated season in Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I think so

it’s probably not answerable right now. Also if this has been mentioned above I apologize. but anyway. A question and a comment:

Q: If you had to make a prediction, which goalie do you think makes the Providence Bruins out of Swayman and Keyser.

C: I wonder if the plan is to go with Vladar and Booth in the AHL and loan both Keyser and Swayman out to ECHL teams that they could start on.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
it’s probably not answerable right now. Also if this has been mentioned above I apologize. but anyway. A question and a comment:

Q: If you had to make a prediction, which goalie do you think makes the Providence Bruins out of Swayman and Keyser.

C: I wonder if the plan is to go with Vladar and Booth in the AHL and loan both Keyser and Swayman out to ECHL teams that they could start on.
Swayman could petition NCAA to get his remaining year of eligibility back, while he does have a pro contract he hasn't played a game

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

member 96824

Swayman could petition NCAA to get his remaining year of eligibility back, while he does have a pro contract he hasn't played a game

Do signing bonuses impact that? He did get a $92K signing bonus which I could see the NCAA saying "no way"

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Do signing bonuses impact that? He did get a $92K signing bonus which I could see the NCAA saying "no way"
Possible, probably probable, though the NCAA is handing out exemptions like candy right now,it's a mess

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Providence Bruins should have a very strong lineup again this year and I'm really looking forward (praying) the AHL season to begin again.
Off the top of my head the traing camp roster could look something like this.
I'm sure Jack Studnicka, Trent Frederic, Zach Senyshyn and Jakub Zboril all will be in Boston from the start, especially if Pastrnak and Marchand miss some games. But we'll see. Pretty exciting about this team.

Goal:
Daniel Vladar, Jeremy Swayman, Kyle Keyser, Callum Booth

Left defense
:
Urho Vaakanainen, Nick Wolff, Jack Ahcan, Cooper Cech, Derek Sheppard
Right defense:
Brady Lyle, Josiah Didier, Steven Kampfer, Joel Messner

Center:
Greg McKegg, Oskar Steen, Cameron Hughes, Pavel Shen, Samuel Asselin
Left wing:
Matt Filipe, Paul Carey, Anton Blidh, Joona Koppanen, Brendan Woods
Right wing:
Robert Lantosi, Karson Kuhlman, Jakub Lauko, Alex-Olivier Voyer

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Providence Bruins should have a very strong lineup again this year and I'm really looking forward (praying) the AHL season to begin again.
Off the top of my head the traing camp roster could look something like this.
I'm sure Jack Studnicka, Trent Frederic, Zach Senyshyn and Jakub Zboril all will be in Boston from the start, especially if Pastrnak and Marchand miss some games. But we'll see. Pretty exciting about this team.

Goal:
Daniel Vladar, Jeremy Swayman, Kyle Keyser, Callum Booth

Left defense
:
Urho Vaakanainen, Nick Wolff, Jack Ahcan, Cooper Cech, Derek Sheppard
Right defense:
Brady Lyle, Josiah Didier, Steven Kampfer, Joel Messner

Center:
Greg McKegg, Oskar Steen, Cameron Hughes, Pavel Shen, Samuel Asselin
Left wing:
Matt Filipe, Paul Carey, Anton Blidh, Joona Koppanen, Brendan Woods
Right wing:
Robert Lantosi, Karson Kuhlman, Jakub Lauko, Alex-Olivier Voyer
They should be gritty and fun to watch if nothing else. Goals maybe hard to come by even with Kuhlman and Senyshyn back which I expect as soon as the Bruins get healthy.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Having the 3 Western Canadian NHL teams with US based affiliates really tosses a monkey wrench into the situation. I don't think the AHL (and to a lesser extent ECHL) situation gets enough press. These aren't the multi-million dollar operations that the NHL is, nor do they have big fat TV contracts propping up their revenues. I have a hard time believing the AHL or ECHL can operate under the current circumstances. I guess some owners are willing to eat the loss if it means saving the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->