Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XI - Providence Bruins to play abbreviated season in Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Dennis Bernstein, is hearing the latest news is with the Olympics canceling the NHL is still considering starting in late July. The only change the lost remaining regular season games are gone. He’s hearing a one week training camp straight scrimmaging and onto the playoffs . Every series four out of seven but with empty arenas. He’s a Senior Writer The Fourth Period. With the Olympics called off the the network is losing tons of money they wanna get something back in revenue. He’s hearing they will set it up like a NCAA Basketball Tournament style. That’s what they are talking about now. I only go by what I was hearing.. who knows! The teams will play on neutral buildings and ice arenas. Just thought I post this considering they are other important things going on but just thought I pass it along.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Dennis Bernstein, is hearing the latest news is with the Olympics canceling the NHL is still considering starting in late July. The only change the lost remaining regular season games are gone. He’s hearing a one week training camp straight scrimmaging and onto the playoffs . Every series four out of seven but with empty arenas. He’s a Senior Writer The Fourth Period. With the Olympics called off the the network is losing tons of money they wanna get something back in revenue. He’s hearing they will set it up like a NCAA Basketball Tournament style. That’s what they are talking about now. I only go by what I was hearing.. who knows! The teams will play on neutral buildings and ice arenas. Just thought I post this considering they are other important things going on but just thought I pass it along.

no thanks, don`t give a rats arse about what revenue is or isn`t lost by the league. My wife and I prior to all of this had scrimped and saved almost $50,000, put it in a diverse account where it was gaining modest returns but still gaining. That account now barely above the $30,000, this money was to be our backbone to securing a mortgage and now who knows what will happen as there is a realistic chance we`ll have to access it the longer this goes

I feel no sympathy towards any sports league for losing revenue. My wife and I are one of the fortunate one`s as we, at least have this money to help us out, so many have 0

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Samuel Asselin is signed by Providence Bruins through 2020-21 season. He had a fine rookie season in the ECHL with Atlanta Gladiators. I thought some might be interested.

ECHL ANNOUNCES 2019-20 ALL-ROOKIE TEAM
7 hours ago

The ECHL on Thursday announced its All-Rookie Team for 2019-20 as determined in a vote of ECHL coaches, broadcasters, media relations directors and media, who were asked to select a goaltender, two defensemen and three forwards.
A rookie is defined as a player who has played in less than 25 professional games at the “AA” level or higher prior to the start of the current season.

2019-20 ECHL All-Rookie Team
G – Billy Christopoulos, Toledo Walleye (24 gp, 23-3-3, 2.29 GAA, .932 save pct.)
D – Justin Baudry, Cincinnati Cyclones (61 gp, 11g, 17a, 38 pts.)
D – Joseph Duszak, Newfoundland Growlers (34 gp, 9g, 26a, 35 pts.)
F – Samuel Asselin, Atlanta Gladiators (53 gp, 26g, 26a, 52 pts.)
F – Justin Brazeau, Newfoundland Growlers (57 gp, 27g, 28a, 55 pts.)
F – Tyler Sheehy, Allen Americans (47 gp, 26g, 44a, 70 pts.)

The ECHL will announce its First-Team All-ECHL and Second-Team All-ECHL teams on Friday.

Billy Christopoulos of the Toledo Walleye led the ECHL with a .932 save percentage while finishing first among rookies, and third overall, with 24 wins. Christopoulos was sixth in the league with a 2.29 goals-against average.

Justin Baudry of the Cincinnati Cyclones led rookie defensemen with 38 points, while his 11 goals were tied for first among rookie blueliners and tied for sixth overall among defensemen. He also led first-year defensemen, and was fourth among all blueliners, with 165 shots on goal.

Joseph Duszak of the Newfoundland Growlers finished second among rookie defensemen with 35 points (9g-24a) in 36 games, despite spending the final six weeks of the season with Toronto of the American Hockey League. Duszak’s nine goals were fourth among rookie blueliners.

Samuel Asselin of the Atlanta Gladiators finished the season tied for second among rookies with 26 goals and third with 52 points. His six power-play goals and five game-winning goals were tied for third among first-year players.

Justin Brazeau of the Newfoundland Growlers led all ECHL rookies, and was tied for fifth overall in the league, with 27 goals in 57 games. He ranked second among first-year players with 55 points, second with nine power-play goals and tied for first with six game-winning goals.

Tyler Sheehy of the Allen Americans led rookies, and was third overall in the ECHL with 70 points in 47 games. Sheehy tied for the overall league lead with 44 assists, while he was tied for second among first-year players with 26 goals.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Don’t see a problem here. how many Bruins players are there with the Gladiators? Even Samuel Assel in is under a Providence contract.
It probably has more to do with business than Hockey. People in The P-Bruins Ticket and Sales offices are probably afraid of losing fans or sponsorship's from the area in between Worcester and Providence on i46
Screenshot (88).png

CLIFFY HOCKEY

Jan 27, 2008
Norton MA
Did anyone who has P bruins tickets get a phone call ? I had a disturbing conversation with someone trying to ''help'' me out with a refund or a credit, I had bought a Package that included 6 tickets and a hat, 95$ . Game on march 21st was canceled, the tickets I have are prime ''45$'' center ice in the lower 100's, I was expecting a simple even exchange, tickets to a different game in the future, similiar section etc no biggie, figured that was a simple thing, I never even bothered to call as I felt there would be no problems, But instead I had a person offer me 60$ credit so I could re buy same package and pay 35$ more?? I explained to the person who called me a simple exchange to any future game with similiar seats would be fine, his respone was , '' I dont know what your problem with this offer is, people have been very happy with it'' I explained to him that although I never went to college I do know basic math and this offer made no sense, he then told me they are ''trying hard to make people happy'', even stated he was working on a saturday to show how dedicated blah blah..I told him no ty, I will hold onto tickets and see what happens, did anyone else recieve a similiar call? Anybody reading this have opinion to offer? Should i be flattered with this deal, or is it a ripoff as I believe it is?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Did anyone who has P bruins tickets get a phone call ? I had a disturbing conversation with someone trying to ''help'' me out with a refund or a credit, I had bought a Package that included 6 tickets and a hat, 95$ . Game on march 21st was canceled, the tickets I have are prime ''45$'' center ice in the lower 100's, I was expecting a simple even exchange, tickets to a different game in the future, similiar section etc no biggie, figured that was a simple thing, I never even bothered to call as I felt there would be no problems, But instead I had a person offer me 60$ credit so I could re buy same package and pay 35$ more?? I explained to the person who called me a simple exchange to any future game with similiar seats would be fine, his respone was , '' I dont know what your problem with this offer is, people have been very happy with it'' I explained to him that although I never went to college I do know basic math and this offer made no sense, he then told me they are ''trying hard to make people happy'', even stated he was working on a saturday to show how dedicated blah blah..I told him no ty, I will hold onto tickets and see what happens, did anyone else recieve a similiar call? Anybody reading this have opinion to offer? Should i be flattered with this deal, or is it a ripoff as I believe it is?
I have been busy criticizing Jacob's ownership of the Bruins so I will let one of the many qualified Providence posters talk about Pbruin ownership. Let's just say the apple dosen't fall far from the parent club

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

The sales staff is like something out of "Boiler Room". And H Buffoon NoClue makes Jacobs look like Santa Claus. I'm just surprised they didn't hold all the games with just the kids groups singing three patriotic songs and youth hockey and make us pay twenty dollars to witness it. Guy's a tool.

For the record as a season ticket holder, I've gotten no call since they sent an email a few weeks ago saying they'd "be in touch".

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Still have $25 in "Bruins bucks" to spend in the Pro shop. I guarantee they'll hold fast to the March 31 deadline to have used them. With no Calder Cup playoffs, I wonder what they'll do to make it worth my time and money to have already renewed. Likely nothing.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I don't get how having an ECHL team in Worcester would eat into the P Bruins profits. That was never the case in the past when the Icecats or the Falcons were AHL teams competing against them. Why would it matter now?
None of those AHL teams had ties to the Boston Bruins people in New England want to wear black and gold jerseys and route for players that will eventually make their way to causeway street.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
None of those AHL teams had ties to the Boston Bruins people in New England want to wear black and gold jerseys and route for players that will eventually make their way to causeway street.

I don't know. I used to go to Icecats games as a youth instead of P Bruins games because Worcester was closer to me at the time and I enjoyed seeing the different players like Barrett Jackman and the like.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
I got a call from a ticket rep Friday. He told me any unused games I have from this season and any flex tickets will be applied to next season, if they don't resume this year. Surprisingly generous from a team never noted for giving the fans great bang for their buck (quality hockey notwithstanding).

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I got a call from a ticket rep Friday. He told me any unused games I have from this season and any flex tickets will be applied to next season, if they don't resume this year. Surprisingly generous from a team never noted for giving the fans great bang for their buck (quality hockey notwithstanding).

Spoke to my rep yesterday. Considering I was already on the monthly payment plan for next year there was really nothing they could offer me other than more games credited to my 20 game package. I said "we'll see if fans can get in the building even if they play" and he pretty much grudgingly agreed that might be an issue.

Reactions: 08SeaBass08
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->