Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XI - Providence Bruins to play abbreviated season in Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I assume no attendance?

also, what’s the deal with AHL.tv? I paid for this season that’s not happening. If this does start up will I get to watch that?
Providence won't have attendance to start,the Pa teams might,Charlotte? Possible
We're owed a credit for last season once they come up with a schedule they'll give us the prorated cost minus the credit

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

I was curious about Booth. Could become something. 6 '4' mobile quick goalie.

Callum Booth

October 2020 – Booth has signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Bruins. He will likely spend the majority of the season in the ECHL, where he has played well since turning pro. The Bruins have a backlog of goalies vying for AHL ice time, so this is likely a depth singing for the team. It is unlikely Booth will see time in the NHL in 2020-2021. Chris Mazza

May 2019 – Booth started 30 games during the 2018-19 season, with 10 coming at the AHL level and the other 20 split between two organizations at the ECHL level. He posted solid numbers across the board in the regular season, but his best hockey has come during the Florida Everblades road to the Kelly Cup semifinals, where he appeared in 12 games, finishing with a 2.17 goals-against average and a .925 save percentage. Booth should battle Jeremy Helvig next season to see who makes the jump to the AHL full-time. Kevin LeBlanc

December 2017 – Following his four-year QMJHL run, including a league-best .911 save percentage last year between Quebec and Saint John, Booth is getting his professional feet wet in the ECHL as a Florida Everblade. He’s having some decent results too with a 2.33 goals-against average (sixth-best in the league) and .913 save precentage as the club has sped out to an 18-2-3 record. That tops the 27-team league. Kevin Wickersham
November 2016 – Booth has taken a big step forward this season, his third as the starter of the Quebec Remparts. The goaltender is on pace for career highs in wins and save percentage and a career goals against average. Currently, Booth has a 8-4 record on the season with a 2.60 GAA, and a .920% save percentage.
He has been named to the QMJHL Team for the CHL’s Canada-Russia series. Kevin LeBlanc
June 2015 – The Carolina Hurricanes selected goaltender Callum Booth with the 95rd pick of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. Brendan Ross

June 2015 – Prototypical size for today’s netminder, Booth has strong legs and moves quickly from post to post. He uses his size well down low, taking away a lot of the net as he plays his angles pretty well when facing the shot. Can get caught on his knees and out of position at times and good shooters can pick corners as his reflexes only seem average at the moment. Does face question marks regarding mental toughness as he was unhappy when hearing that Zach Fucale was on the way to Quebec. Not always ready mentally in spot duty. His resume is does have key experience of note, as he represented Team Canada as backup at the U-18’s, and most recently as relief for Fucale and the Memorial Cup winning Quebec Remparts. Mike Barrett

Reactions: JOKER 192

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I suspect a goaltender will be part of a taxi squad, which means Vladar in Boston (he's on his way back to Beantown if not already).

Which means one of Booth or Keyser will be back in Providence. I don't know what to think of that yet. Would like Vladar to play in as many games as possible.
Agreed, Vladar needs a heavy workload
Can he play games in Providence while being on the Taxi squad?

Reactions: PepeBostones

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
My u understanding is no. But we'll see once the rules come out.
There's some good to that if that's the case,no lost assets to waivers and a place on the roster for fringe NHLers
I know there's a maximum on the number of veterans on an AHL roster that can dress but is there a minimum? Bruins do have the numbers to ice a team completely of prospects ,that would be interesting

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
From tomorrow’s Globe:

John Ferguson Jr. said the Bruins remain in search of site options in Providence. The Dunkin’ Donuts Center, home to the WannaBs, is currently being used as a COVID-19 testing site and also has been designated as a vaccination center. All of which likely will force a change of venue for the Providence Bruins, possibly to Schneider Arena at Providence College, often a backup site for the AHL franchise …

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
I haven't signed on here in a age. I discovered my username still works so I thought I'd come in here and post

I started again with a discussion about cable cutting and I wound up saying how NHL online is hot garbage with all the blackout restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->