Providence Bruins General Discussion thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
With all the folderol about the Bruin’s schedule, the baby Bs also have their travel woes. After playing last night in Bridgeport they had to bus back home to play again today at 3:00.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Watching later

What does it say about Senyshyn that here in AHL Season #3, he's on the 4th line with a couple of plugs in Gaunce and Woods? Meanwhile, a never-will-be like Ryan Fitzgerald is on the 1st line playing his off-wing.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
With all the folderol about the Bruin’s schedule, the baby Bs also have their travel woes. After playing last night in Bridgeport they had to bus back home to play again today at 3:00.

That’s a frequent AHL sked plan. And it usually comes with a Friday game.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
What does it say about Senyshyn that here in AHL Season #3, he's on the 4th line with a couple of plugs in Gaunce and Woods? Meanwhile, a never-will-be like Ryan Fitzgerald is on the 1st line playing his off-wing.
It's all part of the plan, Apparently...

Reactions: JOKER 192

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
It's all part of the plan, Apparently...
Absolute crap. This just doesn’t happen. It’s not how you developed a player in his third year of AHL hockey. He’s going to be hard to trade for a decent return at the deadline He has to make the roster next year or he’s waiver eligible. How do you get anything for a guy with his stat line? Oh I get he looks great some games but he is a good size guy who can flat out skate but can’t put up points. He must not have a tool box. As for a few points when called up that means squat just look at all the guys in the past who have done this. If he was the real deal he would be playing. Crazy situation

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
Absolute crap. This just doesn’t happen. It’s not how you developed a player in his third year of AHL hockey. He’s going to be hard to trade for a decent return at the deadline He has to make the roster next year or he’s waiver eligible. How do you get anything for a guy with his stat line? Oh I get he looks great some games but he is a good size guy who can flat out skate but can’t put up points. He must not have a tool box. As for a few points when called up that means squat just look at all the guys in the past who have done this. If he was the real deal he would be playing. Crazy situation

Yup. I was on the bandwagon, and OK with the 'grooming' explanation for the first couple of years, but he's now 160+ games into his professional career and hasn't really budged, playing a position that has been a revolving door in Boston. Something is amiss. Really wish Boston had given him a longer leash at some point. At this point I can't imagine he'll have much value at the deadline except as maybe a throw-in.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It’s bizarre.

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
Is Providence really viewing the lines the way Driver texts them out? Is Guance really a fourth liner? It just seems like they split up the talent pretty equally most nights which would make me assume they roll out all four consistently...are his minutes reflective of fourth line when they announce the lines like this? Just asking, don't see any Providence games.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Is Providence really viewing the lines the way Driver texts them out? Is Guance really a fourth liner? It just seems like they split up the talent pretty equally most nights which would make me assume they roll out all four consistently...are his minutes reflective of fourth line when they announce the lines like this? Just asking, don't see any Providence games.
Generally the 4 lines play about the same 5 on 5,guys like Studnicka and Senyshyn play more due to PP and PK responsibilities, same for Gaunce ,there has been times when the 4th line is a true 4th line in terms of players available and minutes played but it isn't often

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

It's definitely a weird move. One complaint that I have with this management group is that I don't think they do a good job of propping up their prospects' values. The focus is on developing them to play in Boston, but you want to be able to use them as trade chips if necessary. It's also part of their drafting as well, where they value certain types of players more than other teams. That can make it difficult to make trades where you don't have players that are valued as highly. It's tough to sell a two-way player, who's ceiling isn't as high, as a valuable trade chip.

You'd love for every prospect to play in Boston, but that's just not going to happen and and I worry that trade value isn't considered as part of a player's development because they're mostly focused on rounding out a player's game, and maybe not enough focus on improving their strengths.

Reactions: barstool

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

What does it say about Bruins management that Ryan Fitzgerald is a never-will-be if you recall his rookie AHL year?

BruinsNetwork

FWIW: Gaunce-Woods-Senyshyn make a pretty solid line and all compliment each other quite well, honestly. Gaunce and Senyshyn are fast, strong wingers who can move and play a high-tempo game. Woods isn’t great, but he’s strong down the middle and knows what his wingers need.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
It's definitely a weird move. One complaint that I have with this management group is that I don't think they do a good job of propping up their prospects' values. The focus is on developing them to play in Boston, but you want to be able to use them as trade chips if necessary. It's also part of their drafting as well, where they value certain types of players more than other teams. That can make it difficult to make trades where you don't have players that are valued as highly. It's tough to sell a two-way player, who's ceiling isn't as high, as a valuable trade chip.

You'd love for every prospect to play in Boston, but that's just not going to happen and and I worry that trade value isn't considered as part of a player's development because they're mostly focused on rounding out a player's game, and maybe not enough focus on improving their strengths.
.......”they’re mostly focused on rounding out a player’s game and maybe not enough focus on improving their strengths.” I’m confused.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad