Providence Bruins General Discussion thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
We watched Adam McQuaid get hurt because of this **** and yet they still continue to do it. Disgusting. I'm so tired of embarrassing officiating on all levels. They are grown men. Let them fight.

Yes and except for the rare, odd psycho, they know when to stop too. They don't need linesmen in there grabbing and causing more problems.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Disappointing to see Studnicka, Frederic, and Lauzon get in fights or pick them.

Studnicka had a reason to be mad from a previous shift when hit up high dirty but hacking that guy for 200 feet and giving him one final whack before attacking him is not good sportsmanship

Also, Frederic should tone down unprovoked aggressiveness and try to convert the posts he hit into goals

I haven't seen the Providence games so I may be off base, but I love that Studnicka, Frederic and Lauzon all have that edge. Getting angry and crossing the line physically during a losing streak isn't always a bad thing.

I hope all three of them are playing for the Boston Bruins by the end of this year/beginning of next year. In the past couple of years I've read and heard through the media that they all have leadership qualities and that is something I think our current young core in Boston is lacking. I'm a huge fan of Studnicka, Frederic, Lauzon and Vaak.

BruinsNetwork

i don't think zboril is a stiff. he looks like a player to me, will definitely be in NHL
at some point. not a fan of his decision making and don't think he'll ever be more
than a bottom pairing guy who is prone to a bunch of oops moments.

cehlarik i'm done with, move this guy along and let someone else take his ice time.

I see a lot of Colin Miller in Zboril, except I found the former to be more North-South. Zboril is really nimble on his skates and has the ability to go East-West with ease. Sure, he makes mistakes, but he has the ability to get back and cover them if the lightbulb is on.

I like Zboril and think he’s come a long way since draft day. He’s reinventing himself to be a player that can help anywhere under any circumstance. I’m sure that’s not easy when you’ve always wanted to be THE guy on the ice. He needs to start seeing some shifts in the NHL— whether it’s Boston or elsewhere.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
I see a lot of Colin Miller in Zboril, except I found the former to be more North-South. Zboril is really nimble on his skates and has the ability to go East-West with ease. Sure, he makes mistakes, but he has the ability to get back and cover them if the lightbulb is on.

I like Zboril and think he’s come a long way since draft day. He’s reinventing himself to be a player that can help anywhere under any circumstance. I’m sure that’s not easy when you’ve always wanted to be THE guy on the ice. He needs to start seeing some shifts in the NHL— whether it’s Boston or elsewhere.
non zboril related. but i know that you watch a lot of ahl games since im a twitter/hfboard lurker.. whats your thoughts on springfield's Owen Tippett? ive always been enamored by his game and feel like he would be a type of player that would fit this bruins roster going forward. i made a proposal in the trade thread saying vak for tippett straight up and got laughed at but i was curious on your thoughts.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
non zboril related. but i know that you watch a lot of ahl games since im a twitter/hfboard lurker.. whats your thoughts on springfield's Owen Tippett? ive always been enamored by his game and feel like he would be a type of player that would fit this bruins roster going forward. i made a proposal in the trade thread saying vak for tippett straight up and got laughed at but i was curious on your thoughts.
To butt in..
I like Tippett, he's grown on me,I also like how Florida has handled him,the kid would look real good next to Krejci
I'd do that trade easily

Reactions: TCB

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I would do this in a heartbeat, Springfield is the team I probably watch the most bedsides Providence and I love his game. Not sure if his offense translates to the NHL but he is at least a 3RW with size who plays a decent physical game without taking a lot of penalties. He is 21 next month and should make the NHL full time next year.

To me it's a trade from strength for Boston in they have depth on D to a position they have very little depth or prospects at.

Reactions: CDJ

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
How about Zboril, 1st round #13, for Tippett, 1st round #10? Sound fair enough? Even throw in Cehlarik.

Reactions: bbfan419

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA

Is Zobril really 6’ 2”?

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Really want to see Lauzon and Zboril in the lineup sooner than later. I mean, Moore and Kampfer are both 7-8 at this point. Let the kids have a shot.

you know I don’t normally say much regarding management but I agree. I love Moore’s skating but he so soft and he makes the wrong decisions Some times. He is the bruins worst defence from what my eye can tell. He is a good defender too. He just the bruins worst. Bruins are stacked on D. And from what I’ve seen from these two ahl defence (in the couple games they both played for the bruins) they look more then capable of playing at the nhl level. Moore is expandable. Zboril, vaak and lauzon all look nhl ready. Maybe Sweeney just padding up for the expansion or maybe he sees more in Moore then I do. I like kampfer more then Moore. He cheaper. And he provides the same quality defence imo. He also does well moving in and out of the line up.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Maybe it is simply what Dom mentioned, that they are strictly limited by the cap on who they can bring up. That starts a whole other argument on sending down a fourth liner or two. No real need to regurgitate that right now though.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Any chance they give Bremen a chance to maybe add some toughness back there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad