Providence Bruins General Discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Senyshyn draws a penalty thanks to his good skating. Really good when he moves his feet. Has had several chances but can't put the puck in the net.

Reactions: Chestus

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
I took a couple weeks off but have watched the last 5 or 6 games...a couple comments:

-- A team with this much talent shouldn't have so much trouble scoring. Number of goals in the last 5 games: 0, 0, 4, 1, 1. Newflash: you can't win games if you don't score.
-- A big part of the problem is that their PP is (still) atrocious...0 for 16 in those 5 games.
-- There were games early in the season where Cehlarik was arguably the B's best player...that guy has vanished. He looks disinterested and has 0 points in the last 5 games.
-- The good news is that Senyshyn is getting plenty of scoring chances. The bad news is that he has been completely incapable of burying those chances. He is approaching the Daniel Paille "hands of stone" label for me.
-- Petrovic & Didier = useless. Hopefully Kampfer is back in the lineup soon.
-- On the bright side, Zech has been excellent during this recent stretch...their best D even though the points haven't been there.
-- He's hit a bit of a dry patch (as has the whole team) but the development of Studnicka from early in the season to now is nice to see.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Borderline embarrassing. Just plant the kid in the top 6 with PP time and give him a chance.

For all of the slack management has received for selecting Seny at 15, they sure aren't endearing themselves either by using the kid exclusively on the bottom 6 w/o PP time. I'm not giving up on him. Hopefully management gets wise and puts their investment in better situations.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
For all of the slack management has received for selecting Seny at 15, they sure aren't endearing themselves either by using the kid exclusively on the bottom 6 w/o PP time. I'm not giving up on him. Hopefully management gets wise and puts their investment in better situations.

He's actually been on the #2 PP unit for the past few games.

Reactions: Trizz617

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He's actually been on the #2 PP unit for the past few games.

Does the #2 PP unit get more than 30 seconds? I didn't watch tonight but I feel like they really ride that first unit.

A big complaint when I watched last year was that he was on PP2 but they'd come on the ice with 30-45 seconds left and would barely be able to do anything.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Providence vs Hartford
Blidh almost scored 45 seconds in
Frederic on a 2 on 1 should have shot, he's got to recognize that
Carey's shorthanded goal was a beauty
First goal against Providence was self inflicted by Vladar, he's come a long way but he's got to make better decisions ,nevertheless I'm ready to give him more starts
How Senyshyn missed that open goal....
By my very unofficial clock, Senyshyn had around 12 minutes tonight ,I was happy with his game though
Vaakanainen had a very tough game
Gaunce looked slow tonight ,he was effective but didn't seem to have much burst
Blidh and Kuhlman got their shifts in,little rusty at times Blidh had 5 shots
Sweeney was in the house with $Gold$
Cehlarik looked disinterested for much of the game,he's got to be moved
Team played well enough to win,tragic ending

BruinsNetwork

Grzelcyk is out, Moore hasn’t looked great and the team needs a much needed shot in the arm. Do they call up Jakub Zboril, Jeremy Lauzon or even Urho Vaakanainen? No, they call up Steven Kampfer.

When did this team get so safe?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
SE anxious to hear your takes on Coolman, Senny, Cehlarik (very cold), Stud, and Gaunce?
Figure Kuhlman and Blidh play Sunday night then it gets interesting, it's possible that Ritchie gets waived and Backes takes a conditioning assignment, keeping those 2 up for the week to light a fire under a few of them,we'll see
Senyshyn had a good game in somewhat limited minutes
Cehlarik gots to go, as does Fitzgerald
Studnicka...the temptation is there to call him up right now but he's not better than Coyle at Center
Gaunce still doing his thing
I feel Providence has mismanaged the roster a bit which is unusual

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Vaak and Cehlarik were both terrible last night. Vaak has had some rough gameszlately but still has a future here, not sure if his upside. As Saxon Eric said Cehlarik had to ho, uninterested, zero effort with management watching. Fitzgerald will bounce around the minors for years, AHL level player.

I haven't been thrilled with Woods play this year but thought he was very good last night.

Reactions: PepeBostones

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Bruins $237,00 in cap space as of today according to Capfriendly. Think they save more money to the cap recalling Kampfer than Zboril or Vaakaninen even though not much, but every dollar counts I guess. I'm not the expert though and would like to hear Dom's take on this

Root

Feb 22, 2010
To those that watch Providence regularly...how about Studnicka at right wing in Boston? Not long term but maybe after the TDL they give it a shot? I don't want to rush him and I know he is a center, but it would give them some added flexibility.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-TRADE
Bjork-Coyle-Studnicka

Like I said, do not want to rush the kid but it's tempting

Reactions: bbfan419

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
To those that watch Providence regularly...how about Studnicka at right wing in Boston? Not long term but maybe after the TDL they give it a shot? I don't want to rush him and I know he is a center, but it would give them some added flexibility.

Debrusk-Krejci-TRADE
Bjork-Coyle-Studnicka

Agree, I'd like to see him, too. And I believe he'd fit in quite well. But I read that the FO thinking is that if he plays too many games he'd be subject to the expansion draft.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

Debrusk-Krejci-TRADE
Bjork-Coyle-Studnicka

Never seen him play Wing,always at Center
They move everyone else around but not him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad