Providence Bruins General Discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Excited for Lauzon, have been wanting to see him up for awhile. I'm hoping he can be the 8th D for the playoffs.

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Gryz - Lauzon
Moore - Clifton

Im kind of thinking he has a real good shot at being number 7. I think if he's given the opportunity he'll show he's more valuable than Moore.

Moore is a 5-6 for me, who has great wheels, he can play up and his size is nice but that's all it is. Its not like he throws thunderous hits or even makes the opponents keep their heads up.

He was a Sweeney signing and is a safe play so he charts in ahead of the likes of Lauzon,Vaak and Zboril, but if those three were given a fair shake ala Clifton, I think Moore would fall even further down the ranks.

BruinsNetwork

He makes the offensive plays that I wish McAvoy would do more— shooting hard and low to look for tips, rebounds and deflections. Have to feel for Zboril, though, he’s been a great soldier and deserves to be up.

Saw this on one of Lauzon’s first shifts today— hard, purposeful shots low on net and into traffic. When you have that size and power behind a shot, just let it rip and see what happens. Bruins have an abundance of forwards with high-end coordination, let them hang in rebounds, deflections and tips.

Only been one period so far, but Lauzon absolutely belongs in the NHL.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Saw this on one of Lauzon’s first shifts today— hard, purposeful shots low on net and into traffic. When you have that size and power behind a shot, just let it rip and see what happens. Bruins have an abundance of forwards with high-end coordination, let them hang in rebounds, deflections and tips.

Only been one period so far, but Lauzon absolutely belongs in the NHL.

He had a couple oops moments but overall he played with confidence and some much needed aggression.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He had a couple oops moments but overall he played with confidence and some much needed aggression.

The one that stood out was where he tried to turn away from the forechecker and stickhandle and got stripped and Halak saved his bacon. That move probably works in the AHL most of the time. Other than that, he played a strong game and I'd like to see more of him this season.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Providence might be better than Detroit, I’m only half-joking. That’s a loaded AHL team

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Providence might be better than Detroit, I’m only half-joking. That’s a loaded AHL team
What you mean the same Detroit that beat the Boston Bruins! Maybe we should just switch teams then and send the big boys down to ride the buses for a weekend. I wonder if that would put a little more urgency back into their game. Problem is that after it all shook out there could possibly be more players staying down than come back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad