Providence Bruins General Discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

They went with Lauzon, no complaints from me,he's a solid no thrills player,doesn't have the offensive upside that Vaakanainen or Zboril has but he's not Allen Pedersen either
Lineup just got tougher

He makes the offensive plays that I wish McAvoy would do more— shooting hard and low to look for tips, rebounds and deflections. Have to feel for Zboril, though, he’s been a great soldier and deserves to be up.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Really disappointing it isn't Zboril, I really don't understand. By all accounts he has just been a consistent force this year.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t think +\- is the best stat but I think it’s useful when comparing it across the same team...Lauzon is quietly leading a very good providence team in it

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
I'm really happy with this move. What a chance for Lauzon. He's come on lately in production with a couple of assist in the last two games. He's got 10 points, Zboril 10 points and Vaakalainen has 11 points and considering Lauzon never gets on the power play. Imo Lauzon definitey deserves this callup.

Lauzon will never be mistaken for a flashy offensive defenseman, but he can play. As of today he's a big strong D, (closer to 6'3 than the listed 6'1), has a that nice first out pass. He's also strong protecting the area in front of the net and make hits along the boards to knock opponents off the puck.

Imo Lauzon is better than both Zboril and Vaaks in positional play and defensively. He reads the game very well which helps him and also why he's a good penaltykiller.
Lauzon has shown remarkable improvement in those areas since joining the PBruins as he used to run around too much, tells the Bruins staff are really doing well working with the young incoming players both in theory and practice.

I'd like to see him become a little quicker in turns and faster with the puck in transistion. In that case Zboril and Vaaks are quicker. If Lauzon can be what Kevan Miller was in his best days I would be happy. A strong, no nonse D who can play.
It's a lot to like on all three, they are just different players.

Last edited:

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
A bit disappointed that they didnt call up Zboril. He played so nervously in his brief call up last year, they need to see if hes beyond that now. Maybe they have just moved on from him and will move him at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad