Providence Bruins General Discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Listening to Saturday's game,Hartford feed
Starts with a pregame interview with Leach,imagine if our feed could be bothered with such trivial nonsense
Shame on them

Reactions: Fenian24

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Until Providence invests in their own product , I won’t either. Not spending on subpar entertainment. It’s almost 2020. No reason to have a low level product. The big club should put their foot down. Neely?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Until Providence invests in their own product , I won’t either. Not spending on subpar entertainment. It’s almost 2020. No reason to have a low level product. The big club should put their foot down. Neely?
most of Providence's issues stem from a non-hockey standpoint, the only way to fix it is for Boston to buy the franchise outright as it actually is operated that way anyway......that started happening halfway through the Ed Anderson's tenure both in Portland, when Boston arrived here in 1987, most of the marketing was started in Portland, not Providence, then the fiasco about jettisoning the radio crew at the exact wrong time of year.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
most of Providence's issues stem from a non-hockey standpoint, the only way to fix it is for Boston to buy the franchise outright as it actually is operated that way anyway......that started happening halfway through the Ed Anderson's tenure both in Portland, when Boston arrived here in 1987, most of the marketing was started in Portland, not Providence, then the fiasco about jettisoning the radio crew at the exact wrong time of year.

I understand PBruins ownership is the primary issue, but surely the Bruins have some leverage here to push changes. They need to use it.

Reactions: TCB

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I understand PBruins ownership is the primary issue, but surely the Bruins have some leverage here to push changes. They need to use it.
how do we know Boston hasn't directed Providence to do that, that's the issue here, it's not like Providence is going anywhere anytime soon based off the affiliation extension until 2029

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
how do we know Boston hasn't directed Providence to do that, that's the issue here, it's not like Providence is going anywhere anytime soon based off the affiliation extension until 2029

You're right we don't. Then again, if they were dissatisfied with how things are run in Providence, why extend the affiliation out that far? My guess (just a guess here) is that the Bruins don't care all that much about the product delivery for fans.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Wouldn't read too much on ECHL sv%. It's a wacky league defensively.

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
Took my kid to "Meet the Players" event last night at the Dunkin Donuts Center.....my 6 year old got autographs and pictures with all of them. It was very well done and the players were absolutely fantastic with the kids. Obviously Vaakanainen, Senyshyn weren't there, but my kid got to meet Studnicka, Cehlarik, Lauko, Steen, Lauzon, Zboril, etc

His first year Mite team also got to skate at intermission a couple weeks ago.....good stuff

BruinsNetwork

Took my kid to "Meet the Players" event last night at the Dunkin Donuts Center.....my 6 year old got autographs and pictures with all of them. It was very well done and the players were absolutely fantastic with the kids. Obviously Vaakanainen, Senyshyn weren't there, but my kid got to meet Studnicka, Cehlarik, Lauko, Steen, Lauzon, Zboril, etc

His first year Mite team also got to skate at intermission a couple weeks ago.....good stuff

Awesome! Who did you and your son enjoy meeting the most? I always enjoy Zboril’s conversations. He’s really just happy to be down there and has never been anything but great to me. Lauko is hysterical and Lauzon is one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met.

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
Awesome! Who did you and your son enjoy meeting the most? I always enjoy Zboril’s conversations. He’s really just happy to be down there and has never been anything but great to me. Lauko is hysterical and Lauzon is one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met.

Frederic was great
Conway and Didier were extremely friendly and easy to chat with (smaller line of people obviouslyk)
Cehlarik, Lauko were together with Zech at a table, lots of smiles and great w the kids
Blidh was nice, talked a bit about his injury said he's still gonna be a bit
Paul Carey has flipped my kid a few pucks over the glass.....so it was cool to meet him and tell him
Studnicka and Petrovic were together
Steen and Zboril together

Honestly, they were all excellent....not one bad things to say and none of them looked like they were bored or not enjoying themselves

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Is this odd considering Miller Krug and Moore due back soon ... curious to know who the bruins can send to Providence without the risk of losing them to waiver rights?

Something has to give soon.

My guess Kampfer and Clifton are first on the list. Clifton can clear?

Going to be real interesting in Boston next few weeks.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Is this odd considering Miller Krug and Moore due back soon ... curious to know who the bruins can send to Providence without the risk of losing them to waiver rights?

Something has to give soon.

My guess Kampfer and Clifton are first on the list. Clifton can clear?

Going to be real interesting in Boston next few weeks.
With Vaakanainen up and Breen out they don't have any spares and they have 3 games in 3 nights again this weekend, there's always someone getting hurt.
I expect Clifton down by next weekend before he hits his game limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad