General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News), Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
so its OK for them to be bad since other players are bad

is your argument?

thats a losers mentality.

Yea thats exactly what I'm saying nice save there.

But going into defensive liability. Jagr is the only player on the team that has played 7 games and has less GA than Gionta. Thats including Giontas PK time.

But rationalize you thinking I'm biased because I use silly things like facts to back up my statements rather than strong arming my opinion on people with no evidence to back it up.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
if his line is going to click like that, im all for keeping gio (although preferably not at center). so no, you are not 'literally' the only person who thinks that

Yea, I know he is horrible at face-offs and never said otherwise.

And I know I'm not the only on who thinks it, but when someone is just spouting stuff out you have to give them a little bit.

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
The problems on this team go a bit deeper than one or two people's fault, obviously. Pointing blame doesn't really change the fact that the team isn't playing well as a team.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
probably to your boy Loktionov aka the ghost

Oh he's been awful the last few games. But here's the difference between me and you. I will be the first person to admit when I'm wrong. You, however, will hang on for dear life until, 30 pages later, people are left staring at a wreck of a thread wondering what the discussion was about in the first place.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Google Rangers roster and then just go over on the pictures until you see John Moore, trust me just do it.

john_moore.jpg

haha thats awesome

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Just now we are realizing Loktionov isn't that good ? Where was this when I was saying it after pre-season

Josefson is obviously the better player

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The problems on this team go a bit deeper than one or two people's fault, obviously. Pointing blame doesn't really change the fact that the team isn't playing well as a team.

Which was expected. There was a ton of roster turnover, it was always going to take a month or two for things to start clicking. We ALL knew this in the offseason. The problem is no one expected the team defense to be just as bad. Part of it is the forwards not knowing what to do, but a big part is the defense's inability to be in position.

Outside of last night the goaltending, while not good, hasn't been so bad that it is costing us games. It has almost entirely been team defense.

Pete hasn't been icing the best team possible with Fayne sitting for Harrold/Volch, but honestly do we really think it would have made that much of a difference when the whole team, including our best players aren't performing up to standards? Been running around in circles screaming about the same small potatoes in here.

Lou isn't pulling the self-destruct button because he knows there are 74 games left and he must of faith that the team he put together will come together and click. He sure doesn't give a rats ass about some random fan's "excitement" for the team that he will pull knee jerk moves to satisfy the arm chair GMs.

I get being pissed at the start here, its totally justified, but if you really have zero faith the current team can do anything, that Zajac, Henrique are overpaid and not worth it, Lou, Pete, Conte, everyone has no idea what they are doing, then why even bother anymore?

Edit: AGAIN with the Loki hate? Ugh this place just goes in circles literally.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
google rangers roster and look at the bar of pictures that comes up

Haha there's a lot of weird pictures coming up on there. One was Arron Asham in a Canadiens jersey which was probably over 10 years ago. I see the Moore picture too.:laugh::laugh:

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Oh he's been awful the last few games. But here's the difference between me and you. I will be the first person to admit when I'm wrong. You, however, will hang on for dear life until, 30 pages later, people are left staring at a wreck of a thread wondering what the discussion was about in the first place.

I've seen it, pretty refreshing to see once in a while.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Just now we are realizing Loktionov isn't that good ? Where was this when I was saying it after pre-season

We have a roster of misfits.

Our 3rd line center is a guy we picked up for a 5th round pick, we signed a bunch of "over the hill" players to plug holes here and there, our highest paid d-man is THE worst d-man on our team, our #1 center is a one way player (stricly defense), we have old legs up and down our lineup, we're not playing Fayne and we're still utilising Marty as if he's 28 years old.

I can go on and on and on and on....

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

I don't think anything is obvious at this point. Loktionov started off very well and was then scratched for defensive miscues. Josefson was good in the preseason and ok in the regular season before being scratched for similar miscues.

Neither player is supremely better than the other to warrant ultimate judgements. So no, nothing is obvious.

People are so quick to judge young players here. Like if there's a race or something and the very first person to get it right wins a prize.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

What's the over/under on our new owners just wanting to slash their wrists right about now?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think anything is obvious at this point. Loktionov started off very well and was then scratched for defensive miscues. Josefson was good in the preseason and ok in the regular season before being scratched for similar miscues.

Neither player is supremely better than the other to warrant ultimate judgements. So no, nothing is obvious.

People are so quick to judge young players here. Like if there's a race or something and the very first person to get it right wins a prize.

PEople rage on PEte for how he treats young players, but some are just as quick to want to yank them from the line up for "Their horse"

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
PEople rage on PEte for how he treats young players, but some are just as quick to want to yank them from the line up for "Their horse"

Seriously. And what's the deal with horses? We're all Devils fans. It seems like people carry agendas and carry stock in guys failing and succeeding.

News flash: no one cares if you quote a post 2 years from now about how you were totally right about Mark Fayne.

I will never understand the whole "this 22 year old is bad and has no room for growth but THIS one that my amateur scout eyes see is destined for greatness. Oh and this 20 year old is never going to amount to anything trade him!"

What's the point?

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Seriously. And what's the deal with horses? We're all Devils fans. It seems like people carry agendas and carry stock in guys failing and succeeding.

News flash: no one cares if you quote a post 2 years from now about how you were totally right about Mark Fayne.

I will never understand the whole "this 22 year old is bad and has no room for growth but THIS one that my amateur scout eyes see is destined for greatness. Oh and this 20 year old is never going to amount to anything trade him!"

What's the point?

707538ef3afa883c1d146b42cf01bac2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad