Prospect Info: General Discussion of Prospects

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Flip Cederqvidt getting bounced from one Swedish team to another “after not being able to find work all season long” per Bakes tweet. Two trades over two years for this, including the infamous 6th round swap with Tonto.

Member 308457

I'd like a shot at trading for G Ilya Sorokin from the Islanders. His GAA in Russia these last three years has been phenomenal. From Dec. 18 Eliotte Friedman 31 Thoughts:

A couple of my Russian contacts reached out after last week’s note about Islanders goaltending prospect Ilya Sorokin — who is considering an extension in the KHL. They think he’s trying to force a trade from New York to someplace with a clearer path to start. There would be interest — he’s very talented. We’ll see where this goes.

Ilya Sorokin at eliteprospects.com

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Has anyone watched a lot of Portillo this year? He is putting up fantastic numbers in the USHL. Going to Michigan. Might be a nice prospect after a couple years of development.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Has anyone watched a lot of Portillo this year? He is putting up fantastic numbers in the USHL. Going to Michigan. Might be a nice prospect after a couple years of development.

I’ve been finding it hard to find US HL streams. Leading and save percentage and goals against is certainly a very strong pre-collegiate season.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Abraham de Lacy

I'd like a shot at trading for G Ilya Sorokin from the Islanders. His GAA in Russia these last three years has been phenomenal. From Dec. 18 Eliotte Friedman 31 Thoughts:

A couple of my Russian contacts reached out after last week’s note about Islanders goaltending prospect Ilya Sorokin — who is considering an extension in the KHL. They think he’s trying to force a trade from New York to someplace with a clearer path to start. There would be interest — he’s very talented. We’ll see where this goes.

I just looked at his stats and they are indeed fantastic. Is there a SNAFU with him and Islanders?

Member 308457

I just looked at his stats and they are indeed fantastic. Is there a SNAFU with him and Islanders?

I heard there was a SNAFU with the Islanders but what do I know? I think the research I've done in finding Sorokin in the first place probably dwarfs the Sabres' GM or scouting staff's research. They don't seem to do a dam thing uncovering gold nuggets. All we get are the also-rans.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I haven't seen a prospect poll in awhile... here's my updates:
Removed due to:
1. games played: Jokiharju
2. projected completion of age 24 season: Pilut, Olofsson
3. projected non-tender: Glotov, Nyberg
upload_2020-2-21_10-2-41.png

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
What did you give prospects like Eichel/Reinhart/Dahlin in terms of rating?

Dahlin was a 9.1 right after the draft :
Talent: 5.0
Development: 3.5
Floor: 4.0
Projection: 5.0

And a 9.5 at the mid season polling:
Talent: 5.0
Development: 4.5
Floor: 4.0
Projection: 5.0

Unfortunately I used to delete players when they graduated from prospect status so I don't have older Eichel/Reinhart stuff.

Here's Mittelstadt's last rating: 6.95
Talent: 4.0
Development: 2.5
Floor: 3.0
Projection: 3.5

If he was still a prospect, it would be even lower now...

Reactions: EichHart

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Removed due to:
View attachment 324327

2 things:

1)Cedeqvist 3.35, and over two guys higher?

2) By the accounts I've read (not watched), Ryan Johnson is having himself a decent season, and Laaksonen has had a pretty rough one.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Removed due to:
View attachment 324327
Can anyone explain to me why Brett Murray doesn’t have a contract? They have at least 4 spots unfilled in their 50 roster spots. Boston are going to sign him and he will be a productive power forward for them in 2 years.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Can anyone explain to me why Brett Murray doesn’t have a contract? They have at least 4 spots unfilled in their 50 roster spots. Boston are going to sign him and he will be a productive power forward for them in 2 years.
If they sign Murray it would be to a two-year ELC due to his age. If they signed him now, year one of that ELC would be this season. However, if they wait until March 1, they can sign him to a two-year ELC that starts next season. I obviously don't know what this organization is thinking (does anyone?) but it's entirely possible that they've already got a deal agreed to and are just waiting until the 1st to put pen to paper.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
2 things:

1)Cedeqvist 3.35, and over two guys higher?

2) By the accounts I've read (not watched), Ryan Johnson is having himself a decent season, and Laaksonen has had a pretty rough one.

1. Oops
2. Ryan Johnson is playing NCAA hockey, Laaksonen is playing in a pro league, with men.

Member 308457

Latest rumors surround Sorokin; the Blackhawks (Lehner, Crawford) seem to be actively pursuing him. Buffalo needs to steal this guy!

NHL Rumors: Chris Kreider, Ilya Sorokin, Chicago Blackhawks, and the Calgary Flames - NHL Rumors

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Not neccassarily a 'Trade target" per say, but really think the Sabres need to be HARD after either Marc Michaelis, (Minnesota State University), Josh Dunne (Clarkson) or Alex Limoges (Penn State) as soon as NCAA free agency opens. All 3 offer up some skill at the C position & are seasoned enough to step right into the league potentially... Dunne also offers up some good size, whereas Michaelis & Limoges are probably a little undersized for the NHL...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->