Providence Bruins General Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Mike Hoffman, 7 goals in 74 AHL games. Full NHL seasons goal scoring at 27, 29, 26, and 22. 14 in just 28 games this year.

Yanni Gourde had 8 in 54 AHL games, 25 last year in the NHL.

Marchand had 18 goals in 79 AHL games his first pro season.

Hell, Bergeron only had 21 in the AHL in his 2nd pro season and never scored 30 at any level before the NHL yet has managed 4, 30 goal season in the NHL to date. 21 as a 2nd year pro in the AHL is a bar I'd feel confident Senyshyn will jump over this year assuming he stays healthy.

Personally, I think Mantha is a good comparison of a mid-first round, slow developing prospect with high end potential. He had 15 goals in 62 AHL games his 1st season. His 2nd season, he had 21 goals in 60 AHL games. As a 3rd year pro he had 17 goals in 60 NHL games while last year, his 4th, he had 24 and 24 in 80 NHL games.
Well colour me surprised. Hoffman and gourde definitely fit what I said. Marchand and bergy not so much. Way higher goals and points per game.

Mantha is a good example too. Makes me feel better about Senyshyn.

Reactions: 00BW

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Max Pacioretty: 6 goals/37 games

Mike Hoffman: 7 goals/74 games

Mark Stone: 15 goals/54 games

Kyle Okposo: 9 goals/35 games

Sean Coutier: 10 goals/31 games

Yanni Gourde: 8 goals/54 games

Brandon Saad: 8 goals/31 games
You got me on Hoffman and Gourde. I dont see the rest as being comparable to Senyshyns numbers tho.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I hope, before the Bruins engage in serious trade talks for Coyle, Tarasenko or any other RW, they give Seny a chance to show what he can do.

Tarenseko is a superstar, right at a perfect time in career, if he is available and the Bruins can make a deal happen without giving one of the core guys. (Bergy, Pasta, Marchy, mcavoy) you make the move.

On the other hand I'd agree. If the best you are going to get is Charlie Coyle, then yeah might as well give Senyshyn a shot first

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
It should be noted that McIntyre made some huge stops in the second period. He's having a bad year but the defense in front of him is not adequate right now.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
And that's what scares me. There were far better prospects available, guys who are good nhlers now. It is nice to see him scoring tho
It's not that scary honestly. The Bruins scouting staff has been very successful in the last years. It's inevitable to pick wrong here and there.

Reactions: PeanutButter37

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It's not that scary honestly. The Bruins scouting staff has been very successful in the last years. It's inevitable to pick wrong here and there.
There is no excuse in a historical first round. That said, one side is desperately propping him up while the other tears him down. He's somewhere in the middle. We need him to be at minimum a Kreider which would be fantastic. Not Paille.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Providence vs Bridgeport
Apparently Josh Ho Sang was recalled by the Islanders so I can't call him a dog tonight
Bruins on a 3 game losing streak
Vladar in the net
Clifton and Cuminsky on D
Szwartz Bjork Fitzgerald start
Zboril still out

Reactions: HustleB

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Fast moving period
After 1,Bruins down 1-0
Providence shot selection so far is very poor

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I cant understand it neither. He's diffidently a better option than Kampfer,Unless Sweeney/Cassidy wants to go with that all-american defense;)

Or they are keeping his games with the big club down for a reason? Not sure

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Second time this game Bjork could have used his backhand but tried to force to his forehand, didn't work x2
His skating is Elite though

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad