Providence Bruins General Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Vaak getting a year in the AHL doesn't seem so bad. Think he could come in and play for the Bruins right away though.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Thanks for the all the updates Eric.

Kuhlman contributing offensively is nice to see. I didn't expect much offense from him based on his NCAA numbers. I've never actually seen him play but from what I've read he sounds a bit like Acciari and Blidh.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Mid Season Grades Goalie and Staff addition

Zane McIntyre, no way around it,huge disappointment to start the season,couldn't make a timely save when needed and wins turned into ties and ties into losses and I would argue had he been better, Providence would be in much better shape,his body language was terrible,confidence shot,Lost his starting spot fairly early but has since pulled himself off the mat and has been much better,not quite returning to form of 2 years ago when he was at the top of the AHL.I'm a sucker for comeback story's but I have to grade from October to now.Grade C-
Dan Vladar, the opposite of ZM ,started strong,took over the starting spot,deserved imo but his performance has slipped in recent weeks,has holes in his game that hasn't been adequately addressed, he's almost unbeatable low with his huge frame but struggles glove side also at times looks strained getting back into position,gives up goals in bunches ,I do not like the way he's trending. Grade C-

Head Coach Jay Leach, while I'd like the team to have a better record 16-16-5 ultimately he's graded on how well his players do during recalls,don't think there's much room for complaints on how they've preformed, as others here have noted is inconsistent with certain players {Cehlarik and Senyshyn} ,it just shows he doesn't have the autonomy as Bruce does in Boston,I believe he's got a good mind for the game, there enough talent to make a serious run if they can get into the playoff's.Grade B+

Owner H.Larue Renfroe, There's 31 AHL teams and guess which one doesn't have game announcers?for a team that's consistently in the top 5 for attendance this is unacceptable. Been whispers of unhappiness from the parent organization,wouldn't surprise me if the team ends up in Worcester or Lowell in a few years. Grade F
Thanks Eric think Zane is starting to turn it up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad