Providence Bruins General Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Blidh's problem this year is that the B's have about six fourth line forwards in front of him already (Acciari, Cave, Wagner, Kuraly, Backes, Gemel Smith).

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Mid Season Grades Goalie and Staff addition

Zane McIntyre, no way around it,huge disappointment to start the season,couldn't make a timely save when needed and wins turned into ties and ties into losses and I would argue had he been better, Providence would be in much better shape,his body language was terrible,confidence shot,Lost his starting spot fairly early but has since pulled himself off the mat and has been much better,not quite returning to form of 2 years ago when he was at the top of the AHL.I'm a sucker for comeback story's but I have to grade from October to now.Grade C-
Dan Vladar, the opposite of ZM ,started strong,took over the starting spot,deserved imo but his performance has slipped in recent weeks,has holes in his game that hasn't been adequately addressed, he's almost unbeatable low with his huge frame but struggles glove side also at times looks strained getting back into position,gives up goals in bunches ,I do not like the way he's trending. Grade C-

Head Coach Jay Leach, while I'd like the team to have a better record 16-16-5 ultimately he's graded on how well his players do during recalls,don't think there's much room for complaints on how they've preformed, as others here have noted is inconsistent with certain players {Cehlarik and Senyshyn} ,it just shows he doesn't have the autonomy as Bruce does in Boston,I believe he's got a good mind for the game, there enough talent to make a serious run if they can get into the playoff's.Grade B+

Owner H.Larue Renfroe, There's 31 AHL teams and guess which one doesn't have game announcers?for a team that's consistently in the top 5 for attendance this is unacceptable. Been whispers of unhappiness from the parent organization,wouldn't surprise me if the team ends up in Worcester or Lowell in a few years. Grade F

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Mid Season Grades Goalie and Staff addition

Zane McIntyre, no way around it,huge disappointment to start the season,couldn't make a timely save when needed and wins turned into ties and ties into losses and I would argue had he been better, Providence would be in much better shape,his body language was terrible,confidence shot,Lost his starting spot fairly early but has since pulled himself off the mat and has been much better,not quite returning to form of 2 years ago when he was at the top of the AHL.I'm a sucker for comeback story's but I have to grade from October to now.Grade C-
Dan Vladar, the opposite of ZM ,started strong,took over the starting spot,deserved imo but his performance has slipped in recent weeks,has holes in his game that hasn't been adequately addressed, he's almost unbeatable low with his huge frame but struggles glove side also at times looks strained getting back into position,gives up goals in bunches ,I do not like the way he's trending. Grade C-

Head Coach Jay Leach, while I'd like the team to have a better record 16-16-5 ultimately he's graded on how well his players do during recalls,don't think there's much room for complaints on how they've preformed, as others here have noted is inconsistent with certain players {Cehlarik and Senyshyn} ,it just shows he doesn't have the autonomy as Bruce does in Boston,I believe he's got a good mind for the game, there enough talent to make a serious run if they can get into the playoff's.Grade B+

Owner H.Larue Renfroe, There's 31 AHL teams and guess which one doesn't have game announcers?for a team that's consistently in the top 5 for attendance this is unacceptable. Been whispers of unhappiness from the parent organization,wouldn't surprise me if the team ends up in Worcester or Lowell in a few years. Grade F
Worcester has the Railers and affiliated with Bridgeport/Islanders, and Lowell is blocked by UMASS, hence why no pro hockey in that market

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Worcester has the Railers and affiliated with Bridgeport/Islanders, and Lowell is blocked by UMASS, hence why no pro hockey in that market
UML owns the rink,they'd be able to make it work scheduling wise and the City would love another pro club especially the Bruins farm team, any other team I could see why they'd block
Same in Worcester,if they have the heads up they'll end the ECHL agreement for a AHL one,they would need a long term commitment from Boston. we'll see its a few years away anyhow

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
UML owns the rink,they'd be able to make it work scheduling wise and the City would love another pro club especially the Bruins farm team, any other team I could see why they'd block
Same in Worcester,if they have the heads up they'll end the ECHL agreement for a AHL one,they would need a long term commitment from Boston. we'll see its a few years away anyhow
Lowell will never ever happen...... you might land Manchester as an affiliate, but even that's a long shot, I don't see Providence losing its franchise outright, Eric, you do remember how the Reds abandoned Providence and are now Hartford....Providence won't be dropping to another league the way Worcester and Portland ended, and even then, it took years to return a franchise to each market, there was a reason why UML became the dominant tenant in Lowell

the Railers aren't going anywhere even with a long term agreement in Worcester and add the Bridgeport/Islanders connection, the same way Hartford and Portland are intra-connected, between operations.....

Reactions: Saxon Eric

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

The league is moving away from this area, not adding teams to it. I do not see the Bruins leaving Providence, it’s more likely they buy the club and are waiting this guy out.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
First pro game for Vaakanainen since October 23
Bjork,Fitz out
Sherman and Johansson scratch's
Paul Carey not available
Szwarz Hughes Kuhlman
Cehlarik Smith McNeill
Blidh Frederic Senyshyn
Pond Koppanen Fyten

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status