Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
Bruins start off strong and Simpson scores early. 1-0.

BTW, here's a link to the Randell-Sestito fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9AxORYGAc

Bruins take a 2-0 lead on a Colton Hargrove PP goal. Hargrove plugged into lineup due to injuries and has played well his first couple of shifts.

Note to the W-B play by play guy: Not every contact away from the puck is a penalty. Sometimes players will come into contact with each other in the game of hockey.

DeBrusk scores on a 3 on 1. Great speed and patience with the puck. 3-0 late in the first.

Also worth mentioning that Heinen has 4 points (all on the PP) in the series and has been his usual steady-if unspectacular--self.

Damn, Randell tuned him up towards the end there.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
WBS has been throwing their best stuff at the Bruins for the most part, but they are countering pretty well. McIntyre has been on his game.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Bruins start off strong and Simpson scores early. 1-0.

BTW, here's a link to the Randell-Sestito fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9AxORYGAc

Bruins take a 2-0 lead on a Colton Hargrove PP goal. Hargrove plugged into lineup due to injuries and has played well his first couple of shifts.

Note to the W-B play by play guy: Not every contact away from the puck is a penalty. Sometimes players will come into contact with each other in the game of hockey.

DeBrusk scores on a 3 on 1. Great speed and patience with the puck. 3-0 late in the first.

Also worth mentioning that Heinen has 4 points (all on the PP) in the series and has been his usual steady-if unspectacular--self.

Still 3-0 early in the second. Gotta split so any updates and insight from others would be appreciated.

Heinen will make the B's next year in steady, yet unspectacular fashion.

Good on DeBrusk also.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Great win! A team on a mission responds to facing adversity. Full marks for the effort on the night. Great to see DeBrusk step up in a huge way.

Duplicate the effort and there will be more hockey in May. Get after it early B's in what is the hardest game to win in any playoff series, the clincher. Pressure is all on WBS.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you

With Jake's monster 2nd half and now clutch playoff performance, he's likely catapulted his way into the middle six conversation to start the year in Boston. Likely Vatrano and DeBrusk penciled in for 2nd/3rd line duty. He's certainly earned at least an audition.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
With Jake's monster 2nd half and now clutch playoff performance, he's likely catapulted his way into the middle six conversation to start the year in Boston. Likely Vatrano and DeBrusk penciled in for 2nd/3rd line duty. He's certainly earned at least an audition.

Vatrano actually had a physical game to him in Providence last year - damn near Sobotkaish. Yet in Boston it vanished which was very disappointing

He played very well with Acciari down there and they had good chemistry

Maybe entertaining a Vatrano Kuraly Acciari could have balance in checking and offense

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
Vatrano actually had a physical game to him in Providence last year - damn near Sobotkaish. Yet in Boston it vanished which was very disappointing

Maybe entertaining a Vatrano Kuraly Acciari could have balance in checking and offense

Vatrano was trying to be physical against OTT but I think the foot injury and limited ice time hampered him a bit.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a Vatrano-Acciari-Kuraly line.

Right now I'm giving Frankie a mulligan due to the injury. I'd hate to plug a potential 40 goal man on the 4th line to start with. I at least want Frank to have enough rope to hang himself before we do it for him.

Plus, I'm kind of hoping Belesey is our 4th line LW. Pricey yes, but if we can have Beleseky there it means guys like Vatrano and DeBrusk are keeping him there with their play. That would be a nice problem to have.

Also, I think Acciari is a good bet to get re-signed, but I'm not 100% convinced. There seems to be some love for Dominic Moore and if we end up with Moore, Beleskey, Nash, Kuraly and potentially Hayes all crowding the 4th line, I'm not sure where Acciari fits. He likely wants a one way deal. I think we do what we can to keep him, but I'm not sure it's 100%. Let's call it 90% right now.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere

Right now I'm giving Frankie a mulligan due to the injury. I'd hate to plug a potential 40 goal man on the 4th line to start with. I at least want Frank to have enough rope to hang himself before we do it for him.

Plus, I'm kind of hoping Belesey is our 4th line LW
. Pricey yes, but if we can have Beleseky there it means guys like Vatrano and DeBrusk are keeping him there with their play. That would be a nice problem to have.

Also, I think Acciari is a good bet to get re-signed, but I'm not 100% convinced. There seems to be some love for Dominic Moore and if we end up with Moore, Beleskey, Nash, Kuraly and potentially Hayes all crowding the 4th line, I'm not sure where Acciari fits. He likely wants a one way deal. I think we do what we can to keep him, but I'm not sure it's 100%. Let's call it 90% right now.

Or it means Belesky is just that bad.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Plus, I'm kind of hoping Belesey is our 4th line LW. Pricey yes, but if we can have Beleseky there it means guys like Vatrano and DeBrusk are keeping him there with their play. That would be a nice problem to have.

Nash has 1 more year and Sweeney had to talk Moore out of retirement

Moore could end up as part of the Bruins organization but I can see him back

Acciari will be back he's a New England kid and playing for his team infront of family and friends

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Nash has 1 more year and Sweeney had to talk Moore out of retirement

Moore could end up as part of the Bruins organization but I can see him back

Acciari will be back he's a New England kid and playing for his team infront of family and friends

You lost me a bit on the New England kid part. What's that got to do with anything? Are you suggesting Acciari will take a home town discount? Tim Schaller too?

Acciari finished strong, no doubt. I also think he will be back, but the math does add some fog. If we re-sign local boys Acciari and Schaller and bring back Dom Moore and keep Kuraly and find ourselves stuck with Beleskey and Hayes ... not to mention guys like Vatrano, DeBrusk, JFK, Chelarik and Backes all starring at potential bottom 6 spots ... all of the sudden our bottom 6 gets crowded, no?

Acciari has as good a chance as any to return, but they can't all come back.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

There is ZERO% chance the B's don't bring Acciari (an RFA) back, regardless of the other names involved.

Nash will take Moore's spot as the veteran presence on that line between Kuraly and Acciari.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
I agree there's no chance Acciari doesn't get tendered.

Oh he'll get tendered 100%. They will definitely make him an offer.

But if Moore, Schaller, Kuraly, Beleskey, Nash and possibly Hayes are still in the picture, then I wonder if it's a two way deal and if he's ok with the possibility of losing a numbers game and possibly going back to / spending time in Providence, or if he and his agent seek different options, be it arbitration or trade request.

I think some dust needs to settle before it can be said with 100% certainty that Acciari will be in Boston next fall. Very likely he will, but it's not a certainty, IMO.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Oh he'll get tendered 100%. They will definitely make him an offer.

But if Moore, Schaller, Kuraly, Beleskey, Nash and possibly Hayes are still in the picture, then I wonder if it's a two way deal and if he's ok with the possibility of losing a numbers game and possibly going back to / spending time in Providence, or if he and his agent seek different options, be it arbitration or trade request.

I think some dust needs to settle before it can be said with 100% certainty that Acciari will be in Boston next fall. Very likely he will, but it's not a certainty, IMO.

i liked moore this year but he's not a necessity moving forward. schaller too - a guy who did a nice job in his role, but to me he's a 13/14 forward and not a priority signing. hayes will be gone, likely via buyout, unless sweeney can find another unwanted player to deal him for (eddie lack?). like you said, the dust will settle after the 2 drafts, so we'll see how it shakes out.

back on topic...we need to finally beat WBS. too many years of heartbreak that they've delivered. time to turn the tables in front of their fans.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
i liked moore this year but he's not a necessity moving forward. schaller too - a guy who did a nice job in his role, but to me he's a 13/14 forward and not a priority signing. hayes will be gone, likely via buyout, unless sweeney can find another unwanted player to deal him for (eddie lack?). like you said, the dust will settle after the 2 drafts, so we'll see how it shakes out.

back on topic...we need to finally beat WBS. too many years of heartbreak that they've delivered. time to turn the tables in front of their fans.

Agree nice pick up last year but old man time caught up to him as the season went on. He was terrible in the series vs the Sens.

Was on the ice for series changing goals with mistakes a rookie could have been making.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I don't see a logjam at all. Moore should be gone. Hayes traded, waived or bought out. Schaller is a non factor. And they can still keep one to two extra forwards on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->