General Ball Hockey Thread

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
How'd it go?

Only missing two players. One because he's recovering from being hit by a car by jogging and I forget where the other one was. Still had 13 players + goalie. We lost 8-2 but we played better then the score dictated. The new guy scored the first goal and I got the second. We could have scored in the final seconds but another new guy on the team nailed the crossbar. Right now we have 4 new players added so we're trying to figure out where everyone fits on the team. Next game is Sunday.

EDIT: We played at 9:30pm and they had those big lights you see at baseball stadiums on. Air was filled with bugs and the floor was nearly covered in them. If we play another night game I hope it's colder out.

Last edited:

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
just got hit in the balls was wearing a cup too.I have never felt more pain more in my life

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
This game is the first time I've been frustrated with me team since I've started playing with them. We go up 3-1 on two goals from me. There's about 17 minutes left of playing time in the game. We go into the 3rd tied 3-3 and the team just gives up. We end up losing 9-3. I know my team isn't the most skilled or speedy. Yet everyone just seemed to stop playing. It was embarrassing. We were winning and then that happens. We even had a new guy come out that had the hardest and maybe most accurate shot on our team. He never used it and was actually a negative influence on the team. I don't care if we lose as long as we try unlike today where we lost in embarrassing fashion.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Filled in for an opposing team last night. Made 44/46 saves in a 2-1 loss. Then i played with my regular team and made 29/30 saves in a 2-1 win. I think i lost 10 lbs. :laugh:

Hart902

Jun 22, 2014
Hey everyone,

Been playing ball hockey now for the last couple years, played ice hockey for 13 years before until i had an ankle injury.

im wondering if anyone has ever played ball hockey with a roller hockey girdle or any other type of protection. Im not worried about getting hurt.Gotta block shots to win and im sure most of you are aware of how much those balls hurt when they hit skin..trying to think of some way to stop all the bruises

Play Hard
Stephen

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Hey everyone,

Been playing ball hockey now for the last couple years, played ice hockey for 13 years before until i had an ankle injury.

im wondering if anyone has ever played ball hockey with a roller hockey girdle or any other type of protection. Im not worried about getting hurt.Gotta block shots to win and im sure most of you are aware of how much those balls hurt when they hit skin..trying to think of some way to stop all the bruises

Play Hard
Stephen
Hi Stephen,
Sorry for the late reply.
I dont think it's going to help because generally speaking, Balls fly everywhere. What are you going to do? Cover your whole body?

Just my advice, I suffered from two bruised ribs as a defencemen. Basically guys throwing elbows at me when I tie up their stick infront of the net or try and get them out. I bought a lacrosse style rib vest for super cheap. I wear it every game. I havent been elbowed ever since. Moral of the story is that you just dont know what to expect and its impossible to try and protect everything in ball hockey without overheating. I dont know about your area but in mine, with the current weather, it gets up to 40 degrees in these arenas

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Finally got registered for my team, first game is next Wednesday! So pumped to get started. :)

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Indoor. My buddy was able to find me a last minute spot on his team so I'll also be playing with people I know which is great.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Wish I could play this often. Will need to find an extremely active league after I move.

It's not usually this condensed. Usually it's 1-2 games a week. I have no idea what the hell happened that has us playing so many games to finish off the season. My knee still doesn't have all its strength back and I need to go to the gym so my time management is going to be critical these next two weeks. You could always come to London and join our team, if you can run you're an improvement on nearly half the team.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Tonight is the final game of a 4 game in 5 game span. Played games Sunday, Monday and Wednesday with the final one tonight. My legs are on fire. It's the last regular season game and our last chance to win our first game of the regular season. After this is playoffs. Really need a huge effort from everyone to pull out a win.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Tonight is the final game of a 4 game in 5 game span. Played games Sunday, Monday and Wednesday with the final one tonight. My legs are on fire. It's the last regular season game and our last chance to win our first game of the regular season. After this is playoffs. Really need a huge effort from everyone to pull out a win.

6 days later. What happened?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I just finished my first regular season of dek hockey Sunday (5-0 Victory) and we've got playoffs coming up next week. I'm a defensive defensemen and in playing that style I've amassed 0G and 0assists. But I wear #0, so theres a correlation. :p

My team went 5-5 and I showed up for every single game. I can see big improvements in my game already, and I've taken a few shifts at forward to get a feel for things. I think eventually I will transition back to goalie (where I played in soccer), as my specialty is blocking shots, hand-eye coordination, and keeping the puck out of the net.

During warm-ups when the goalie takes a break, I'll actually flip my stick around like a goalie's paddle and stand in the net letting my team shoot on me. It's great fun and I don't mind being hit with slap shots. :)

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Here's a little move I pulled in a friendly this past Thursday. Tell me if you like it :)
If you like it, you can always click on the green thumb.

Last edited:

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Here's a little move I pulled in a friendly this past Thursday. Tell me if you like it :)
If you like it, you can always click on the green thumb.

As a defenceman, I'm always scared to try that one on the rush cause if you miss, you're ****ed.

Forwards can get away trying it.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
It would have been really nice if you were able to control it off the move and then take it to the net.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It would have been really nice if you were able to control it off the move and then take it to the net.

Yes, but the field is really short as you can see, and we use these balls

700630-700630C_200.jpg

We stuff them with a cloth and put a layer of tape around it to make it a bit sticky. Needless to say, these are very light. I need to practice stick handling with it, I'm used to training balls and pucks.

I'm glad you liked my move :)

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Yes, but the field is really short as you can see, and we use these balls

700630-700630C_200.jpg

We stuff them with a cloth and put a layer of tape around it to make it a bit sticky. Needless to say, these are very light. I need to practice stick handling with it, I'm used to training balls and pucks.

I'm glad you liked my move :)

Yeah those would definitely make it harder move to pull off. That's what we use to play whiffle ball with: those with duck tape. Why don't you guys just use a standard street hockey ball?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad