Arrested: General Arrested/Conduct Thread Part 3

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Did you miss the part where he shoves her into the wall?

And I'm not saying it's as "bad" as the Ray Rice thing, but it's more or less the same situation in terms of, there's not a whole lot of room for he said she said stuff because the whole thing is on camera.

People react a lot stronger to stuff like this when there's undeniable video evidence. If the Ray Rice video hadn't gotten out to the public, he'd probably have played another 2-3 years.
I agree with you almost 100%, I just think there is a difference between losing your temper and pushing someone versus losing your temper and knocking someone out. He should be suspended for the rest of the season and playoffs imo but given a chance to take anger management classes and other conditions and able to play next year. I don't think this is ban for career worthy.

Both absolutely not acceptable, but a difference.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Hunt attacking this woman is worse than Ray Rice because Hunt did it during a time when he should know attacking a woman will not be tolerated. When Rice did it, players were seldom given meaningful discipline for it.

Ray Rice was initially given a slap on the wrist. Then the video came out and changed everything... for Rice and for the rest of the league. After that, any incident of a player hitting a woman resulted in far more severe punishment from the league. Hunt knew all of this and still decided to attack her.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Hunt attacking this woman is worse than Ray Rice because Hunt did it during a time when he should know attacking a woman will not be tolerated. When Rice did it, players were seldom given meaningful discipline for it.

Ray Rice was initially given a slap on the wrist. Then the video came out and changed everything... for Rice and for the rest of the league. After that, any incident of a player hitting a woman resulted in far more severe punishment from the league. Hunt knew all of this and still decided to attack her.
Eh, Hunt doing it now, is dumber, but from a moral perspective there is no way it's worse.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I think litigating whether or not it's worse is kind of a fool's errand these days. Domestic abuse is domestic abuse. He did it, there will be consequences, and it's fair to consider his future in the league.

I'm not here to defend Hunt, but I think this is a bit much in terms of what actually will end up happening. Look no further than his teammate in Tyrek Hill.

Last edited:
Reactions: irunthepeg

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Guys like Hunt need to stop surrounding themselves around troublemakers and learn to control their temper and hands. She was in the hallway. Go back in your room and shut the door. Getting in a physical altercation with a female half your size proves nothing besides you're a moron.

Like Bill Burr said, there are plenty of reasons to want to hit a woman, but you don't do it!

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
He did the right thing by getting the minor gold diggers out of there. Just lost his cool afterwards and that's all his fault. Regardless of anything that was said to him or his friends. None of which I doubt either.

Losing the rest of the season and playoffs for that seems overboard. But in this climate and after the Ray Rice video, it's fair.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Morons never learn. Hell even in middle school (there were some mean ones) if I ever got into a fight with a girl I just turtled. Do you have a reason to punch them? Probably. Doesn't mean you should. The one time I did in like I think third grade I got the worse punishment despite the girl being a huge bully (I was in a class of grade 1 to 3s. Probably the worst thing ever)

Just walk away. Not that damn hard.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He did the right thing by getting the minor gold diggers out of there. Just lost his cool afterwards and that's all his fault. Regardless of anything that was said to him or his friends. None of which I doubt either.

Losing the rest of the season and playoffs for that seems overboard. But in this climate and after the Ray Rice video, it's fair.
He told them to leave the hotel room. What good does it do him to go into the hall afterwards? It’s not his business anymore once they are outside the room. If they are making a lot of noise to get back into the room you call the front desk and tell them that there are two women causing a disturbance and that they should be removed. Let the hotel dea with them.

So stupid to confront them himself.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It’s not so much the push and “kick” it’s the fact that he looked like he really wanted to get at her. He was throwing guys around trying to get at her. What happens if those guys aren’t there?

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The NFL spent millions investigating Brady although there was no evidence against him, but it may not even have questioned Hunt. Nothing has changed since the Ray Rice case.

Reactions: DangleCity

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

The NFL punishment is 100% fair and justified regardless of the climate or Rsy Rice situation

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

Wow that is a ****ing joke of a sentence for what he did

For second degree attempted murder in a domestic incident? Sounds like the going rate to me. Maybe a little bit on the low side if you're a "throw the book at 'em" type but not extraordinarily so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->