Arrested: General Arrested/Conduct Thread Part 3

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Because they are mentally ill.

And?

The government cant force people to follow thru on taking medicine which is why blaming government for a person not taking meds and attacking someone is idiotic

Also when it comes to Sherman the fact he drank a 2 bottles of Vodka and Henny should not be ignored as potential explanation of his behavior. Some people who may be good people change drastically when drinking

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Sherman looks to be in bad shape, I wish him well in getting help.

Also, shame on people attacking him on social media in regards to that video.
He is clearly mentally ill, he needs help.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sherman looks to be in bad shape, I wish him well in getting help.

Also, shame on people attacking him on social media in regards to that video.
He is clearly mentally ill, he needs help.

BS

He was drunk and trying to attack his wife

Every NFL player who commits a crime is now using CTE excuse

What was your thoughts on the bi-polar Seahawk who nearly killed his GF? Why was there no great sympathy for him and portraying him as victim? Surely he deserves to be defended after all it wasn't his fault ,, right?

And look at the BS special treatment he just got.. No regular person would be released without having to post a bond and have judge say how they are a pillar of community , good father and other bullshit thus dont need to post bond and downgrading of charges

Nope a regular person does what he does and has this video and violently resists arrest and they likely have bond raised or are denied bond

Hate to say it, but looking like CTE run amok right there.

So should NFL players never be held accountable for crimes?

CTE has been used an excuse for everything from Darren Sharper drugging/raping woman to reason Aaron Hernandez murdered people (He was a f***ing gang member since he was young and lived that life to fullest killing innocent people , etc)

Again CTE is used as a catch all nowaday

NFL player cheats on his wife = CTE is to blame
NFL player makes bad financial investment = CTE is to blame
NFL player gets into a fight at club over some stupid shit ala Pacman Jones = CTE is to blame
Etc , Etc , Etc

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
BS

He was drunk and trying to attack his wife

Every NFL player who commits a crime is now using CTE excuse

What was your thoughts on the bi-polar Seahawk who nearly killed his GF? Why was there no great sympathy for him and portraying him as victim? Surely he deserves to be defended after all it wasn't his fault ,, right?

And look at the BS special treatment he just got.. No regular person would be released without having to post a bond and have judge say how they are a pillar of community , good father and other bullshit thus dont need to post bond and downgrading of charges

Nope a regular person does what he does and has this video and violently resists arrest and they likely have bond raised or are denied bond

CTE has been used an excuse for everything from Darren Sharper drugging/raping woman to reason Aaron Hernandez murdered people (He was a f***ing gang member since he was young and lived that life to fullest killing innocent people , etc)

NFL player gets into a fight at club over some stupid shit ala Pacman Jones = CTE is to blame
Etc , Etc , Etc

Boy please shut the f*** up

Reactions: Breakers

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
With how out of character this is for Sherm I wouldn't be surprised if there's some type of cognitive issue going on. That's just a wild swing in a completely different direction

Say what you want about the guy on the field but he's been nothing but an upstanding person off of it. What he did was wrong but because he didn't hurt anyone I think it's a little easier to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With how out of character this is for Sherm I wouldn't be surprised if there's some type of cognitive issue going on. That's just a wild swing in a completely different direction

Say what you want about the guy on the field but he's been nothing but an upstanding person off of it. What he did was wrong but because he didn't hurt anyone I think it's a little easier to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Ah yes the "Out of Character" claim

It was out of character for Sharper to do what he did ,, Until he was charged
It was out of character for Rice to do what he did ,, Until the video dropped
It was out of character for Carruth to do what he did ,, Until his GF was on phone with 911 as she died
It was out of character for Hurd to do what he did ,, Until the Feds busted his drug ring

I could go on

How many people have been arrested for vile things were "Normal guys" , "Good people" , etc until people found out they were not

You can use other lines like how this could potentially be related to alcohol and how alcohol can change people , etc but using the "Its out of character" claim is pretty weak and is weak to use in most situations

As for the bolded ,, Yeah he didn't hurt anyone because his wife was first able to escape in car (Which he tried running off road according to her uncle's 911 call) and was able to get to her father's house and he has a strong ass door and the road workers weren't in area he crashed his car at moment he was driving thru construction zone and while resisting police didn't escalate leading to injuries to officers or K-9 in process.

Her uncle himself on 911 call said he was threatening to harm her if she didn't give him the kids

Its possible to have sympathy with Sherman and to say he made mistake and needs help at same time acknowledging what he did was bad and calling for him to be treated like everyone else who does such a thing

Reactions: Voight

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

It was out of character for Carruth to do what he did ,, Until his GF was on phone with 911 as she died
It was out of character for Hurd to do what he did ,, Until the Feds busted his drug ring

I could go on

How many people have been arrested for vile things were "Normal guys" , "Good people" , etc until people found out they were not

You can use other lines like how this could potentially be related to alcohol and how alcohol can change people , etc but using the "Its out of character" claim is pretty weak and is weak to use in most situations

As for the bolded ,, Yeah he didn't hurt anyone because his wife was first able to escape in car (Which he tried running off road according to her uncle's 911 call) and was able to get to her father's house and he has a strong ass door and the road workers weren't in area he crashed his car at moment he was driving thru construction zone and while resisting police didn't escalate leading to injuries to officers or K-9 in process.

Her uncle himself on 911 call said he was threatening to harm her if she didn't give him the kids

Its possible to have sympathy with Sherman and to say he made mistake and needs help at same time acknowledging what he did was bad and calling for him to be treated like everyone else who does such a thing
Why do you have such a f***ing bloodlust for people being "punished" for actions you deem wrong? Especially Black people.

Or was it just a coincidence you compared Sherman's clearly mental/psychological health-affected episode to four different, much more serious crimes committed by other African-American athletes?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Why do you have such a f***ing bloodlust for people being "punished" for actions you deem wrong? Especially Black people.

Or was it just a coincidence you compared Sherman's clearly mental/psychological health-affected episode to four different, much more serious crimes committed by other African-American athletes?

Oh - for Pete's sake !!!!!!!!!!!

aZSfX22P6kn0o_jL75UZdujKvEPpLME51SaLqPNyO-_oforrMRSU4__AbuYMXUxujriey70PuX8S-LW5HTgRYBku4f0Hy6ECYbZ1UwceeU3CaBgxWbyZqOQJGAnfmIJZlunCEeTfDcW512BUTbzWnTOfcfkA3Xl9g9k

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Etc , Etc , Etc

You can see very clearly in plain English that I did not say that. It explains the sudden change in his behavior but I did not say at any point that he shouldn't be punished for what he did.

Look, nobody made him put on a football helmet. Everyone knows what can happen to you when you do. I am not remotely saying that he isn't responsible for acting like a lunatic.

I believe that people should do what they want to do. I don't believe that football is a great evil that should be banned or something. If you play football and something bad happens to you, that's on you. If you beat up your wife and do all kinds of crazy shit, you get in trouble for it. But this is becoming so common with football players as to be obvious what causes it. And again, they are not a victim. They got paid and they put on pads. If they didn't want to play football they didn't have to.

You already know I'm on the left by any standard. But I don't believe that when someone terrorizes other people that the place for them is to go home and sit on their couch.

He's not wrong. It's becoming a blanket excuse to not take responsibility for their own actions

I never said anything like that fwiw. Maybe you should spend less time trying to psychologically analyze everyone's comments. He's responsible for his actions. Even if he's brain damaged he put on a helmet and got on the field. Then he took it off and did this. He's responsible for that. If someone can't control themselves and stop themselves from doing bad things, they get punished. That's how life works. He isn't a special case.

And frankly given what we know this probably isn't the end of it. Do I feel bad for him? I dunno. I have a hard time feeling bad for people who know what they're doing and something happens as a result of that. I feel bad for his wife though because if she doesn't leave him she will have to put up with more of this behavior.

As for my initial comment? Well, it's no surprise this happens more and more when people kill their brain cells. But the idea that I'm trying to make an excuse for someone? BS.

Last edited:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Not a fan of the family leaking the Ring doorbell footage

that screams publicity more than working towards a solution with Sherman

bushleague, what does it accomplish leaking this to the press?

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Not a fan of the family leaking the Ring doorbell footage

that screams publicity more than working towards a solution with Sherman

bushleague, what does it accomplish leaking this to the press?
We don’t necessarily know who leaked it. Looking at the video, that’s not the actual doorbell cam footage — that’s someone’s video recording of the door cam footage. So whoever leaked it didn’t actually have ownership of the original recording, they just saw it being played and filmed it on their phone.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

I could go on

How is the 'out of character' claim weak when it's completely true by multiple accounts. What's weak is you comparing this to much more serious crimes. You have clearly have a burr in your saddle when it comes to Sherman.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Minnesota released CB Jeff Gladney today after he was indicted by a Texas grand jury on a charge of felony assault.

Jeff-Gladney-mugshot.jpg

from espn.com:

The Minnesota Vikings released cornerback Jeff Gladney on Tuesday after he was indicted by a Texas grand jury on a charge of felony assault against a woman with whom he was previously in a relationship.

"Following our review of today's indictment against Jeff Gladney, we have decided to release Jeff immediately. As we have previously said, we take these matters very seriously and condemn all forms of domestic violence. Due to the ongoing legal nature of this matter, we are unable to provide further comment," the team said in a statement.

Gladney, 24, who was a first-round draft pick last year out of TCU, started 15 games for the Vikings as a rookie. He had not been around the team since his arrest in April in Dallas.

He is charged with domestic violence by impeding breathing, for "intentionally, knowingly and recklessly" causing bodily injury and applying pressure to the woman's neck and throat, according to the indictment. The altercation grew out of an argument and took place over a span of more than two hours, according to a lawsuit recently filed against Gladney by the former girlfriend. She also alleged in the suit that he tried to bribe her and intimidate her into keeping quiet.

No court date has been scheduled yet. If he is convicted, the cornerback could serve up to 10 years in prison.

Full story: Vikings release CB Gladney after he is indicted

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->