Arrested: General arrest thread Part II (Reuben Foster arrested, cut by 49ers 11/25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
**** with the brain and it can change you. Look up Phineas Gage. They're still responsible for their actions, but let's not pretend like concussions aren't a life altering problem.

They are. But you'd think this would happen a lot in other contact sports too, no?

Might just have a little something to do with their attitudes and the way they grew up.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Well, for the most part you don't see this stuff in other leagues, at least not to the extent you see it happening in the NFL.

League full of thugs.

Great fun to watch though.

Or bigger rosters? You speak as if every NFL player is a criminal.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
**** with the brain and it can change you. Look up Phineas Gage. They're still responsible for their actions, but let's not pretend like concussions aren't a life altering problem.

I've had 3 concussions in my life. One gave me post traumatic vertigo.

I've never hit anyone outside of playing hockey.

Im sure concussions EXACERBATE things, make **** bags even worse, but I don't think its the cause

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I've had 3 concussions in my life. One gave me post traumatic vertigo.

I've never hit anyone outside of playing hockey.

Im sure concussions EXACERBATE things, make **** bags even worse, but I don't think its the cause

I think I agree. I think it can amplify any sort of violent tendencies that someone already has, or amplify any sort of predisposition. These guys have been trained to be hitting people and have a fight mentality their whole lives. Combine that with severe brain trauma and the result is deadly.

I don't think these guys suddenly because violent. I think it probably blurs the lines between the game and real life where they are constantly in kill mode.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
What can the NFL even do with this? Harsher penalties? Do they require players to hire a "handler" of sorts that will watch their behavior and basically take care of them? That seems a bit rash, but honestly, any way to cut down on DUIs...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They already have a freakin hotline players could call and get a cab sent to them when out and drinking

NFL can only increase suspensions and then eventually stop signing guys who cant get it together

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
2 more NFL players arrested over the last 24 hours.

from tmz.com:

1006-tom-johnson-mug-2.jpg

Minnesota Vikings defensive tackle Tom Johnson was TASED by cops at a Minneapolis nightclub ... BECAUSE PEPPER SPRAY DIDN'T STOP HIM ... this according a police report obtained by TMZ Sports.

Johnson was arrested early Sunday morning at Seven Steakhouse Sushi Ultralounge Skybar -- where he was allegedly causing trouble around 3AM.

According to the police report, Johnson was told to leave the building -- but refused ... so cops decided to break out the pepper spray.

But Johnson -- 6'3", 288 lbs -- wasn't fazed ... so cops broke out the stun gun.

He was eventually taken into custody and booked for disorderly conduct and trespassing.

Johnson posted $78 bail -- and was released later that day. He's due back in court on Oct. 17.

Johnson's agent has told the media he was confident the Viking's player would be exonerated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from tsn.ca:

dolphins-lineman-shelby-indefinitely-suspended-in-wake-of-arrest-at-nightclub-article-image-0.jpg

Miami Dolphins reserve defensive lineman Derrick Shelby was suspended indefinitely after police used a Taser on him three times while arresting him on misdemeanour charges of resisting arrest and trespassing at a nightclub.

Shelby was suspended hours before Monday's practice for conduct detrimental to the team. Coach Joe Philbin said he talked with Shelby, and said the Dolphins will gather more information before making a final determination on disciplinary action.

According to a Fort Lauderdale police report, nightclub security said Shelby was touching women without their permission early Saturday. Shelby appeared intoxicated, was ordered to leave several times by an officer and refused, the report said.

When officers tried to place the 6-foot-2, 282-pound Shelby in custody, he pushed away and took an aggressive fighting stance. He was placed on the ground and continued to resist, and officers used a Taser before he was subdued.

A mug shot showed Shelby with a swollen lower lip and a bruise on his cheek. He was released from jail on a $100 bond and entered a plea of not guilty.

Full story here: http://www.tsn.ca/dolphins-lineman-shelby-suspended-indefinitely-in-wake-of-arrest-1.100323

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Not too many guys who just fell off the face of the earth like LJ did. Of course, they usually are RBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad