Arrested: General arrest thread Part II (Reuben Foster arrested, cut by 49ers 11/25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Cardinals TE Ricky Seals-Jones arrested Saturday night.

from espn.com:

Cardinals tight end Ricky Seals-Jones was arrested on three charges Saturday night after a scuffle ensued when he was denied entrance to the W Scottsdale to use a bathroom, according to Scottsdale police.

Seals-Jones was charged with assault, disorderly conduct and third-degree criminal trespassing after he pushed a member of the hotel's security team who was working at the front entrance of the hotel.

Seals-Jones, who police said appeared to be drunk with "bloodshot watery eyes," tried to enter the hotel through its main entrance to use the restroom but was told the hotel was open only to guests at that time, according to the report.

He then walked over to the entrance of a sushi restaurant that's connected to the hotel and entered after moving ropes and stanchions that were set up to block non-guests from entering. Seals-Jones told police that he went over the ropes because he wanted to use the restaurant's restroom.

Once inside, where he moved another set of ropes and stanchions, according to the report, Seals-Jones was confronted by staff of the hotel who tried to get Seals-Jones to leave but, according to the report, that's when he became physical.

Full story here: Cards TE Seals-Jones arrested after hotel scuffle

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I think you've got that a bit wrong

Raiders' Worley pleads guilty to 3 charges

The records from the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania show that Worley pleaded guilty on June 18 to misdemeanor charges of DUI, carrying firearms in public in Philadelphia and resisting arrest. Three other charges, including a felony charge of carrying a firearm without a license, were dropped. Worley was sentenced to 72 hours in jail on the DUI charge but was credited with time served. He was sentenced to two years' probation on the other two charges.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I love that this thread exists. :laugh:
I've been thinking to myself lately about arrests and how teams seem to need to get rid of said player to save face.

Is there really a City in North American pros sports that doesn't have a criminal playing on their team or apart of their organization? Even the guys that aren't really criminals that end up having drug/alcohol issues.

I don't even know that I see the point in moving these guys anymore. Why trade the guy for pennies on the dollars when in a year or two you'll probably employ another criminal/problem child anyway.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I've been thinking to myself lately about arrests and how teams seem to need to get rid of said player to save face.

Is there really a City in North American pros sports that doesn't have a criminal playing on their team or apart of their organization? Even the guys that aren't really criminals that end up having drug/alcohol issues.

I don't even know that I see the point in moving these guys anymore. Why trade the guy for pennies on the dollars when in a year or two you'll probably employ another criminal/problem child anyway.

Um, most of them.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
"General Arrest Thread" lmao how is this even a thing. What a sport :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well, there are about 1700 players on rosters and IR and practice squads.

10,000,000 people (holy shit) were arrested for something in 2016. That's 3% of the population a year (holy shit!!), so that should be about 50 people a year if you like to extrapolate. (I think my math is right)

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I'm confused by the gun laws in the US. Some places you can show guns, pistols when you go shopping. Other places it's a crime for having a gun in your car (apparently).
Marijuana and other soft drugs, legal in some states but illegal in some states. Yea I get the legally but is possession that serious a crime? Seems like the NFL has and probably still do gives their paid gladiators drugs that are much more harmful than marijuana.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I'm confused by the gun laws in the US. Some places you can show guns, pistols when you go shopping. Other places it's a crime for having a gun in your car (apparently).
Marijuana and other soft drugs, legal in some states but illegal in some states. Yea I get the legally but is possession that serious a crime? Seems like the NFL has and probably still do gives their paid gladiators drugs that are much more harmful than marijuana.

Depends on the amount and the state.

But you are right. These athletes are getting painkillers that are quite harmful in other respects.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
You also have guys in the nfl that get arrested for things that people in other sports wouldn't.

Reactions: lifelonghockeyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad