Arrested: General arrest thread Part II (Reuben Foster arrested, cut by 49ers 11/25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
It'd be nice. A lot of good football on this weekend.

As long as the first two weeks don't count.

Also, awkward situation for the Cardinals. Their PS RB Chris Rainey, who could be called upon, was originally released from the team for.......domestic violence.

You seriously can't make this **** up

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
One thing to keep in mind, but reports are saying that this ahppened a while ago, but the wife kept the records of their injuries. By no means am I lessening the situation and agree Dwyer is a piece of ****, but the timing of this seems dodgy.

What a horrible time for the NFL though. Yikes. Can we just talk about football somewhere in this cluster****.

It could be that the recent wave and attention to domestic violence gave her the courage to do something about it. A lot of victims are afraid of what will happen if they speak out. From that angle, the timing may make more sense.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Or that the AZ reporter decided to do some digging on any DV incidents with the Cardinals given everything that's happening.

Police records are public information, even if the family wanted to keep it quiet. If somebody requests the info it has to be given.

Or as somebody else said, maybe the victim only now feels like it's safe to come forward. We don't really know why it came to light yet.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Supposedly threw a shoe at the 18 month old. A shoe!

Can't make this **** up.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND

Can't make this **** up.

94587-who-throws-a-shoe-gif-3rCV.gif

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Dwyer just took it even further. Ray punched his wife, AD went overboard on his kid and Dwyer abuses both. Jeez I'm afraid to see what's next.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

Can't make this **** up.

Was it, like, a heel, a flip-flop, a boot, or a tennis shoe? Cuz, you know, it kind of depends on what kind of shoe it was whether we call it child abuse or not. Did he throw it underhanded or overhanded? Were there gel inserts involved? I mean, a man has the right to throw his own shoes in the privacy of his home. Doesn't mean it's abuse.

:sarcasm:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Are we going to get the usual "THE NFL IS A LEAGUE FULL OF FELONS a!!!11!" reactions now every time breaking news informs the world of an NFL arrest?

I get the feeling some of you in this thread are jumping for joy.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Are we going to get the usual "THE NFL IS A LEAGUE FULL OF FELONS a!!!11!" reactions now every time breaking news informs the world of an NFL arrest?

Just wait..the "you never see this in the NHL" crowd is coming.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

I don't see that at all. I do think people want a change, though. Let's not confuse the two.

This latest one is bad, though. Apparently he hit his wife hard enough to cause a fracture of some kind, she took the kid and ran to another state to get away from him. Broke her phone to keep her from reporting, then threatened to hurt himself if she did.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ated-domestic-violence-case-article-1.1943597

Last edited:

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I don't see that at all. I do think people want a change, though. Let's not confuse the two.

What change can you honestly expect besides the NFL changing its policies and offering harsher suspensions? These players are responsible for their own actions. Grown men shouldn't need a babysitter and coaches and general managers can only do so much.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Was it, like, a heel, a flip-flop, a boot, or a tennis shoe? Cuz, you know, it kind of depends on what kind of shoe it was whether we call it child abuse or not. Did he throw it underhanded or overhanded? Were there gel inserts involved? I mean, a man has the right to throw his own shoes in the privacy of his home. Doesn't mean it's abuse.

I came in here to ask those exact questions. I'm glad someone else thinks the way I do

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011

Along with the NFL ARE THUGS, ban everyone that gets in trouble for life, I'm going to boycott the NFL yet still post my hate on a messageboard, and act like anyone with differing opinions is worse than the players crowds.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 1m
Suspended #Vikings WR Jerome Simpson was arrested July 7 for violating limited drivers license, marijuana possession and open bottle.

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 1m
Per court clerk, all three charges against Simpson are misdeameanors. Arraignment Nov. 3.

I think it's time to cut him. I'm all for due process but it seems he's getting arrested/charged with something every 6 months.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Oh, come on, in high school 20 years ago, I used to skip class and drive around my old beat-up truck with a beer in my hand. It's not a big deal, it's just the way I was raised!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad